Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I tried doing my first texture mod last night and when I loaded up the game, the texture was on, but everything was in the wrong place.

I'm assuming that I saved the file incorrectly or something? I was making a new skin for the pimp boy, if that helps. The plugin's save output has a shitload of options and I am unaware of which buttons I should be leaving on and off, basically.

Also I have a couple of ideas for armor but not really any skill or drive to create them, is there a modding IRC or something I can float concepts by people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there not already a "lasers hurt biological, plasma hurts robots/power armor" thing already going on in the game? Or did I only imagine that?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That makes sense.

So here's a screenshot of what my attempt at a pimp boy skin ending up looking like in-game: http://puu.sh/hnD1 Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Also, has anyone made a Johnny Five Aces as a companion mod yet? If not, why the hell not?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kodo posted:

Use the Wild Wasteland perk and you'll find out why :tinfoil:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, he is already right there in the game. Give him that throwing aces weapon and a goonmade voice pack and there you go.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There's a fallout 3 mod that lets you use the Mesmetron on anyone, maybe you could port that over or something?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You will definitely have at least some bugs, although their major-ness will vary. You'll want to somewhat learn the console commands to move people around and advance quests since there will be parts where you need to use them to get past bugs.

The most notorious one is the crash coming out of the Tranquility Lane simulator, just use the console to advance the quest as soon as you see the pod thing opening up.

Here are some notes I took while playing through it somewhat, they are not formatted nicely or written well but it goes into more specific things that I had to do. I think the Doc Mitchell stuff is just copy pasted from someone else or something because I don't remember typing that poor of English:

how i did requiem
choosing to start in nevada crashed, so i went with DC
did normal fallout 3 tutorial poo poo until exiting vault
went straight to the nevada connecting sewer, then to goodsprings
went into doc mitchells house and did the following procedure (otherwise i'd get stuck there unable to move)
1.Come into the house to Doc Mitchell
2.To type in the console:killall
3.To approach to Doc Mitchell;to cause the console;to press on Doc Mitchell and to print:resurrect
4.Wait,when Doc Mitchell will reach to the vigor tester
5.Print in the console:setstage xx104c1c 70
6.Follow Doc Mitchell and sit down on a sofa
7.In dialogue with Doctor Mitchell we cause the console and write:setstage xx104c1c 110
8.We finish dialogue with Doc Mitchell and go on an exit
that seems to be it, hopefully game works from here.

EnablePlayerControls if crouching etc breaks

playing through fallout 3 storyline and a few missions, seemsmostly ok so far
with the exception of super mutants (but not their armor) being invisible, and a fair bit of dialog not playing audio

traq lane crashes as you try to get out the chair. to fix it, as soon as you go through the door and load,
bring up the console right away, and use "Setstage xx014E8A 75", the xx being 03 in this case (or whatever fallout3.esm is)
during "waters of life", the scientists didn't want to follow me inside, so i used prid and moveto player to move them intot he building and they went to their proper spots from there.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of like GRA for the achievements and challenges. I wish the one for 10k damage with uniques was in the base game, as I totally already did that before I had GRA, but hey the Bozar gave me both GRA damage achievements anyway.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I played tons of hours on both using a 360 controller just fine. Only time I didn't use it was when I needed to use the console, and the game supports switching back and forth without issue.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Merry Magpie posted:

Sir, your penchant for hats and modding moves me to ask a question:

How difficult would it be to model a hat made from the head of a gecko?

In that vein, is it possible to script the gecko head to emit a stream of fire into the face of whoever you're looking at? Accompanied of course by the trademark Godzilla scream.

Godzilla doesn't breathe fire. :colbert:

(Make it a blue laser that gives radiation.)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dunno, I used the Nexus manager for months without any major issues. Some stuff didn't like to install, but for those I just did manual installs and it was fine. Maybe I'm a fringe case, who knows.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I used the Nexus manager without any particular issue. There are such things as a few certain mods that require FOMM or such but I did not run into any that I wanted at the time. I had a few dozen installed, too.

Edit: There were a handful I had to install manually though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Digital dress-up can be for comedy too you know. :colbert:

One of my runs through Fallout 3 involved piling on mods so I could run around with 4 companions as a sentai team in color-coded armor (and lightsabers).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cirosan posted:

Not discounting the armor-swapping ability - that seems like a really handy thing to have, concept-wise. It's just... when you have separate containers for "swimwear and sleepwear" and skimpy lingerie... well, you'll forgive me if I get a case of the jibblies.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. Just was pointing out alternatives (assuming you were even talking to me here).

SeanBeansShako posted:

Once again, Johnny Five Aces comedy companion mod for Wild Wasteland.

There is a mini mod that turns playing cards into throwable melee weapons.

When I first started looking for mods, I looked for this immediately, assuming goons would have been on the case. Still waiting.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Can he be made to constantly be holding a beer and smoking?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The King of Swag posted:

Just as a thought, another alternative I've thought about; instead of the little flags, make them little square patches of leather that are riveted to the shelf. At least then the explanation is as simple as taking an old and worn-out pair of leather clothing and cutting it up to re-purpose it.

I was sort of wanting to suggest something like that instead of the flags but I didn't want to sound like a jerk. I was thinking of the items just sitting on a color-coded or text labeled mat on the shelf, it sounds cleaner in my mind? And you could interact with the part of shelf mat still visible in front of the items, assuming there is any. This is of course not being said from a modder's perspective so I'm sure there are issues with this concept as well.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Those all look pretty cool, The King of Swag. The red mat/strips looked good to me too of course since that was pretty much my suggestion, haha. But the bolted on stuff does look better than the initial flags to me. I'm sure whatever you finalize on will be good though, as you clearly know what you are doing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

loving hell Onix ENB is nice.

It's making me want to see Red Dead Redemption ported over to the PC even more, though.

Goddamn, that looks good. Does the weird scifi poo poo look as good? Show us some lasers and poo poo! :science:

Have you listed all the graphics mods you are using there yet because yeah I might have to replicate that this winter.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Play Zeta for the comedy, cmon. Fuckin' misplaced samurai dude stalking aliens and the horses and so on.

Zeta would be an interesting starting point perhaps, especially for gimmick characters.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just install multiple bases. I want to say I had Underground Hideout and the Lucky Suite installed in my last play through. Also maybe the one that is a bus you fix up.

I'm thinking UH, Lombard, and portable tent next time. And maybe that one I had in Fallout 3 next to Rivet City if that works with TTW.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Colonel posted:

It breaks my immersion whenever I see a white man with a deep voice because it makes me get angry at Obsidian for not realizing that he should not be white but should, in fact, be black, because only black men have deep voices. Of all the things in Obsidian's titles, this is my biggest problem. I'm hoping that they've finally learned from this mistake in Project Eternity, and I can finally enjoy one of their games without having my immersion completely and utterly destroyed by this recurring game-breaking issue.

Maybe they are just Rick Astley.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Snoop Radley posted:

I'd like to do a crazy evil cannibal fiend playthrough since my characters always end up being such goody-two-shoes, and I was wondering if there was a mod that lets you collect trophies from the people you kill (that isn't a creepy fetish thing)? Sort of like in the legion ear sidequest, but expanded to everyone. I know there's one for eyeballs but, uh, that's a little too gross for me. And before you point it out, yes I do realize how funny it sounds that I want to play as a cannibalistic monster who collects body parts but think eyeballs are crossing the line. :v:

I was going to suggest the uterus mod as a joke but I looked it up to link it and apparently you eat the uterus right away when you get them in that mod. :stonk:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just get a mod that removes the level cap and level up forever :getin:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Duct Tape mod is useless unless you can pick them up and take them to your house. I already horde items, I want to hoard people.

I had a similar thought. And then it reminded me of the last time I played Arcanum. I collected all the companion NPCs, took them to a room in the sewer under the main city, and stripped them of all items and told them to wait there. It was my people storage room.

Open ended games make you do weird things.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Raiders not suddenly spawning magical underwear they clearly did not have on before you stole their armor is justification enough for the body replacer mods.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

LoonShia posted:

Counter-argument: The Lobotomites in OWB have their junk hanging out below their patient outfits.

Not really seeing how this is a problem.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Surprised no one has made a thing that let's you roleplay some kind of radiation cleanup guy and gives you a checklist of all fat man ammo and a vault to lock them all in to.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Horses are dead because people ate the horses, problem solved.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The mod that adds playable/NPC Predators and hostile Aliens in Skyrim kinda owns though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

VolticSurge posted:

You mean The Lost Tribes? Gonna have to get that once I get a PC that can play Skyrim in the first place.

Yeah. It is not really super balanced though if that bothers you. Some of the predator gear is hilariously broken in your favor and the aliens are hard as gently caress to kill early on. It also adds like 5000 different combinations of predator mask to your smithing menu which gets a bit annoying. Otherwise though, it's cool and well made. There's hostile camps of predators on the map here and there, and at least one non-hostile community you can trade with and get a follower predator too. You can turn a xenomorph head into a shield, it's rad.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Sputnik posted:

Well that was short-lived, didn't think they'd nix the whole thing so quick but then again gamers are the loudest entitled pissbabies so I shouldn't be surprised.

Couple progress shots, full post here
http://thisblogisfortherats.tumblr.com/post/117574527224/mother-road-progress-pictured-wonder-valley

I'm gonna put off reinstalling until this comes out I think, because I loving love this concept.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Zeta is funny as poo poo though, there's a fuckin samurai going all ninja mode on space aliens and poo poo in it and a toy horse factory and you end up having your own spaceship (that you can't really do anything with but shut up).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Brainamp posted:

If only they could find some way to inflict this on loverslab modders.

If you take away their comparatively safe modding playgrounds, they'll just start inflicting themselves onto real people. It's irresponsible.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gyshall posted:

Did anyone ever make a mod that made The Kings use actual Elvis music?

How about one that makes them use The Red Elvises music?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Pick good option then kill and loot everyone :getin:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kumaton posted:

There was also the fact that a lot of new features of FO4 (grenade hotkey, reflex crosshair, settlement building) were taken from different Fallout 3/New Vegas mods. Hell, most of the new additions to the soundtrack were previously featured in radio expander mods.

The radio stuff isn't a big surprise, there's only so much music from decades past about going out to strike it rich mining up that uranium or whatever.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like I'm going crazy with this mod (Lutana NVSE Plugin ) http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55399/

Other mods want version "13 or up", but no matter how I install it it's just not being found. The author / people in the thread are saying lots of stuff about how everyone with issues is just installing it wrong but I've tried multiple install methods, locations, and versions and nothing changes. I attempted to ask nicely on the forums and just get more "you are doing it wrong" and I just don't see what the issue is. Does anyone actually have this working right now?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Glad to hear it's not just me with the lutana thing. if anyone has an old version, hit me up. I found like 18.5 on fileplanet or something but that didn't work either so welp.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Should this take literal hours to complete if I have extensive texture packs installed or is this just hanging?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Thank you. This is also somehow not working with a manual install, but I'll try some more options out with it.

edit: If i "install" it to my override, the "you need version xx" warnings go away but MCM options on mods using it are still blank, weird.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fereydun posted:

i think it's just hanging. check for read-only status on the archiveinvalidated.txt or whatever

Where is this file supposed to be ultimately at? Using Mod Organizer.