Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mainly lurk the thread (I'm terrible enough not to have finished my vanilla run unfortunately, so I'm attempting to avoid spoilers, no matter how minor) but I thought I'd do a quick post to say thanks to Cream-of-Plenty for updating the recommended stuff. It'll make my next playthroughs all the more enjoyable. A quick heads up though, some of your links have an extra " in them. For the most part, it does nothing, but it does break the Better game Performance link as I found out when attempting to grab it.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

ALSO:
Post-1.2 Patch Community Compilation Fixes appears to be a continuation of the Community Compilation Patch made compatible with the 1.2 Patch.

So you know, this has the Distanct Gunfire Sound Fix already in it according to the readme, so you might want to add that info to it's description. No point having multiple ESP files doing the same thing after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Might be good to know that the 3Gb Enabler can now be found Here. The author removed it and reuploaded it to get rid of the unaltered exe that was included as a backup. Also, the Community Bugfix Compilation has apparantly had the YCS fix included since a while ago, so that fix probably isn't needed now if you have the community patch installed already.

Also, I'm looking forward to trying out Naky's weapons compilation when it's done. It'll be nice to get some new guns that aren't horribly animated/textures/overpowered/etc for my game. :)

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just a few things I noticed while taking a quick mess about with the first release of your mod Naky.

The claws seems to have mesh issues as you can see. Not pictured is attempting to equip them, where they don't appear at all. The other melee weapons work fine, so it just seems to be this one weapon that has a problem (Unfortunately. I was looking forward to testing the claws out)

There seems to be somthing clipping through the scope here on the Colt AR-15 Beowulf. I'm not too knowledgable on meshes, so I don't know what it could be here.

Those are the only real bugs I've seen so far in any case. Other than that, I can say that the crossbow is extremely satisfying, and I need to use it as much as possible from now on.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, looks like Marcurios, the creator of Nevada Skies URWLified has been banned. So now you can't download it on it's own any more. This is fairly annoying seeing as it was one of the best mods out there, and it was pulled before I had the latest version. If anyone has the latest version handy, it might need to be hosted somewhere depending on if the author gets things sorted out or not.

EDIT: Handily enough I managed to save the latest files from my recycle bin. If anyone wants this before the author can get stuff sorted I can throw it up somewhere now.

Tecman posted:

Bah, just when I plan to finally put in the effort and overhaul/update my mods (5 gigs of downloaded stuff so far), FNV Redesigned gets pulled (by the author?) or something. Are there any other Project Beauty-alike mods for New Vegas I should look into, or mirrors for FNVR?

Well, it's just hidden at the moment, so it might be getting a big update or something. Might be worth waiting a while to see if it comes back up later on.

Arc Impulse fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 19, 2011

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

jvempire posted:

Wait why did Marcurios get banned? I'm guessing because he "stole" Nevada Skies or something?

I doubt it's that, seeing as the author of Nevada skies recommends the URWLified version on the main NV page. I'm guessing it might be shoutbox related bother though, since his last few posts aren't really too bad. Unless it was something he said in the now removed topics for his mods that is.

Tecman posted:

I did my downloading a couple of hours ago and I got NS URWL as well. NevadaSkies_URWLified_v24-39686 is just under 3 megs, while NevadaSkies_URWLified_Cloudpack_v14-39686-14 is 62. What do you need?

EDIT: This is all I've got

Thanks for the offer, but I managed to grab those same files from my recycle bin. I had the latest version but forgot about installing it apparantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kinetic Tools posted:

I can't speak to it's quality (have it installed but haven't played yet), but I did run into an annoying bug where on fast travel, waiting, or even just entering a new room an 'error' type window would always pop up and say "You don't have the ignition key" like 2 or 3 times in a row. I was able to trace that message to this mod, and it seems to be related to a car that lets you return to the new area after you 'beat' it. It's a rather annoying error and the only fix I could find was to deactivate the Boulder Dome .esm until you actually want to play it.

I also happen to have Freeside:Open installed and it has a compatibility patch for Boulder Dome, but one of BD's quest npcs spawned right outside of ceaser's tent as I was exiting it one day and was acting like I was in the middle of one of BD's dungeons, then like we had just escaped.

I'm betting these 2 bugs are related. So yea if you don't use FreesideOpen you'll probably be ok. However, just to warn you; mods be buggy yo.

When was the last time you updated Beyond Boulder Dome with their beta updates? Because according to the changelog, this was one of the fixes in update v083 which was just put up on the 3rd. Of course there's no way to know this without some digging, since any changelogs get posted in the comments system instead of using that handy feature Nexus has to link any changes on the downloads section of a mod.

As to the actual quality, I have it installed as well, but haven't made it far enough to come across any of the content it adds so I can't speak for it either, but I have the latest patch for it and I've seen no sign of that ignition key bug myself so far.