Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
There was a mod posted in this thread I am sure a while ago

The photo of it featured a very anime girl in it (of course) however the meat of the mod was a gigantic gatling gun and some sort of handheld artillery cannon

You got the guns by going down a well in Goodsprings opposite the bar and buying them off some crazy trader. Does anyone have any idea what mod I am talking about because I really want that gatling gun again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Oh brilliant thank you that's the one.

EDIT: Booya are you trying to use FOMM in conjunction with the Nexus mod downloader/manager? Last time I had the game installed I ran into a similar problem, as those two don't play nice.

If you are, try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-xj7IAlak

BigDes fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 3, 2013

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
So i downloaded spice of life and the applicable body mods so that I wouldn't get too many compatibility issues. I was wandering the wasteland and saw a dude with an armor I really wanted. After shooting his head off I took his armor and found that somewhere the body mods fought or hosed or did something I don't know because now all the male models are wearing what look like grey sports bras.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
There any decent Punisher mods out there? The ones on the Nexus seem a bit awful, although the skull on the Punisher hideout mod is hilarious.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35778/

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Gonna use that armor and roleplay as a bad Cosplayer out for revenge after being left for dead in Goodsprings

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Has anyone got any decent dungeon crawler mods they would like to recommend? I tried AWOP and found it a little too much but the concept of one giant sprawling dungeon is a cool one if it is done right.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Chronojam posted:

This happens when ENB fights with other directx overlay programs. Mumble, Steam, TeamSpeak, and other services that use an overlay pop-up will cause this to happen when a friend says something or signs in or whatever. The quick fix is to disable Steam overlay for the game, etc.

I've found that the most recent cause on my pc of this is that raptr/Amd overlay thing that runs when you play a game. I have no idea how it even got onto my pc, I assume it came with the latest amd card drivers which is kind of gross

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Wish I could get TTW working. I get the no start menu thing when I install it. Which is a huge shame because I wouldn't mind exploring the Capitol Wasteland again but I really don't want to go back to FO3 after the improvements of Vegas

Edit: Also I think one of the strangest things about New Vegas modding is that no one has modded rideable horses into it. Seems like such an obvious thing to put in considering the old west look the game has

BigDes fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 23, 2014

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Hobo on Fire posted:

If you aren't usually the patient type, try firing it up an waiting a bit. The game looks through all the BSA files in your data folder before the menu appears, and the sheer amount of content TTW throws in can slow down the start sequence significantly. It would stare at me for at least two full minutes before it would let me load a game, but ran just fine once it did.

Gave this a try. Left the game running when I went to eat dinner. Came back about 25-30 minutes later and still nothing. Dang it.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Canuck-Errant posted:

Alright, this is annoying as hell. I keep getting "Out of Memory!" crashes whenever I get close to New Vegas or even McCarran Airport. I'm running the 4GB patch, I have 12 GB of system RAM and 2 GB on my video card. What steps should I be taking to figure out what the heck is going on?

Are you using any of the populated wasteland mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

There's a guide for how to fix this right on the TTW page. Basically, one of the TTW BSAs wasnt generated correctly. to figure out which one, Load up new vegas with only the New Vegas + DLC ESMs and Fallout 3.esm checked, if the menu shows up, relaunch it with the next ESM in the list checked. Repeat.

When you get to the stage where the menu doesn't show, rerun the TTW installer, saying "no" to rebuilding the BSAs until you get to the one that didnt generate correctly. Rebuild that one.

I had to rebuild the Anchorage BSAs, but now it works just fine.

Gave this a try and while it didn't fix it I at least now know that it is the Fallout3.esm itself causing the issue. Oh well I'll wait for an update to TTW I guess.