Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I only recently started NV. It was one of those steam bundles around 4 years ago and it sat uninstalled since. Now it's my main at-home amusement besides the shitstorm known as World of Tanks.

Am I considered weird for liking .22 poo poo a lot? I found a mod that makes the varmint rifle into its beta plinker and am still using the Ruger quite a bit. I haven't found the spray and pray SMG yet but I think it'll still be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

oh god what is happening in my mod soup

Sure, the glitched screenshot was unexpected. But it works in this situation. I mean, look at the Forcaster's eyes. LOOK AT HIS loving EYES.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 8, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Yeah the default UI is disgustingly huge on any 1080+ resolution.

Also, best Battle Rifle sound replacer? Is there one that puts the MOHAA sound effect?

Allied Assault? Or Pacific Assault (same as Rising Sun)? I can whip it up for you really quick. It'll also replace the Hunting Rifle's firing effects - same sound. I can add in the B.A.R. in too for bonus sound, that's a separate file.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Just the M1 from this @ 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFblUdHgU6Q

all them sounds

Here you go.

There are two versions:

1.) The original Allied Assault version.

2.) The remastered version from Pacific Assault.

Both have the same 3d fire sound (AA didn't use that stuff) and reload sounds. Installation info is included.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'd love to see what the bug reports were for this one.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

The pictures for that mod are like a parody of bad sex mods. This has it all-- terrible dialogue, a friendly notification in the top left telling you "You've passed STD disease to your partner", an ugly dead eyed 3d model, and a +XP message for having The Sex.

Oh god, I shouldn't have clicked the link to uncanny valley femdoll land :gonk:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Did anyone else use the usable cigarette mod? I installed it as a ~character trait~ and gave myself nicotine addiction within minutes of leaving Doc Mitchell's house.

And on a completely unrelated note, please read through the comments on the FNV sex animation thing for comedy.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are there any mods which remove muzzle flash from suppressed weapons?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

LEGO Genetics posted:

Mothership Zeta... I got nothing.

Weird alien crystals to fill your house with?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

please check your New Vegas files, and make sure this is just something that got hosed up on my end.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ah. Just something I came across while attempting to figure out the Minigun noises, which I finally got working. Have a look-see.

Also, I saw someone using this thing for making your wasteland dreamgirl into a ~special Attack on Titan waifu~ :swoon: no, just no

bonus:

the mod maker posted:

NOTE
=====
To all members of the NEXUS, I have something I must inform.
First I must say that I am Korean, South.
During the past month, I dedicated a lot of my time in creating this mod.
The costume in this mod has its origin from a character that appears
in a Japanese comic and animation named "Attack on Titan"
However, via his SNS (Twitter), the author of the comic praised the Japanese invasion
of Korea and that he views the invasion and plunder beneficial to Korea.
Also, I found out that one of the characters in the comic was motivated from a real
Japanese general who dealt great damage to Korea during the colonization.
As a Korean, I cannot ignore these comments and acts made by the author.
Therefore, I have decided to quit creating related mods
I am deeply sorry to all those who have been waiting for my mods but I hope and
believe you will understand my situation.
With the hope of more people getting to know about Korea’s history, I promise that I will
return with other mods in the near future.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I replaced "Johnny Guitar" with "Rags to Riches" in my installation

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

That's fantastic :allears:, any chance of seeing it in action?

Working on it. At the moment, I appear to have completely deleted Radio New Vegas somehow :ohdear:

Time to reinstall and stuff.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v1ZCOpH2z0

YouTube will probably slap an ad on it soon for copyright on the tiny fragment of Tony Bennett, but gently caress it. I don't do ad revenue anyhow.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 6, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

gently caress. I installed this Chinese pistol and it's great so far... Except for the lack of a rear sight notch. The model wasn't intended to be used with irons in FO3 and it shows. Anyone have a fix before I try and learn how to edit 3D models for the first time?

Art mimics real life. Here, have a vid of an actual Chinese pistol with a useless rear sight.
https://youtu.be/byEIP9mRAwA

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 6, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

LoonShia posted:

Could you put up your altered audio file somewhere?

Merry Christmas. 7zip needed, just plop the two files into idontfuckingknow\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Why is this also a thing? Let's turn ED-E into a waifu!

quote:

Her clothes are removable. Just like a Barbie or Ken doll! So feel free to play dress up.

And he just updated it like two weeks ago.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Winson_Paine posted:

THis worked. In related news, Boulderdome is horrible beyond all belief. Badly written, weird linear paths, terrible humor, fucky fetch quests with backtracking. Imagine what little pleasant fun there is in Honest Hearts was sucked out and everything bad about it was tripled. That is boulderdome.

Something less fun than Honest Hearts? Jesus.

I think the only good things about HH are the .45 stuff and Two Bears High Fiving. Everything else can go gently caress itself.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

I'm pretty sure he even does a little wave to you so you don't accidentally murder him.

He wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Yao Guai so I accidentally emptied an LMG into him. I only stopped shooting the corpse when the extended belt ran dry.

Follows Chalk: more talkative than Cass, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

SpookyLizard posted:

Real men use switchblades.

Gotta get that sweet achievement exp