Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh, I know. My point is that the NCR at a minimum and likely the Mojave as well would have to have pre-war industry and infrastructure to be at the level it's at. So it makes sense to see things like newly constructed buildings, paved roads, and vehicles that aren't sputtering post-apocalyptic nightmares of rust and spikes.

The NCR does have the industry in the Mojave, but none of it is going to the citizens. All the railroad work and all the concrete from Quarry Junction is going to making bunkers and fortifications along the Colorado. They're strip mining Nevada because things are falling apart back home. Hanlon mentions never seeing a natural lake back in California, because they sucked up all the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Woolie Wool posted:

Southern California has always been desert, a societal collapse would make it quickly turn back into one. Although it makes me wonder why they don't try expanding north into Oregon. Is there another state up there?

NCR does have territory in Oregon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I used FCO specifically for my own character's face only, then I installed the ESP that removed the NPC edits. So a decent face for my character and none of the poo poo for the others.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Davoren posted:

Someone suggested switching to Hall of Face instead of FCO not long ago. We're very happy together.

Not bad. Where's the Sunset Sasparilla clothing from?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a way to stop Radio New Vegas from repeating the same goddamn newscasts over and over? I've heard about Primm's new sheriff more times than I can count, despite doing a bunch of other quests.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That mod has something interesting in it and I wonder if anyone could make it. Would it be possible to mash up the breastplate from the NCR armor over top of something like the Merc Grunt clothes?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Saint Sputnik posted:

There are individual accessory mods that give you the breastplate as a seperate piece, that you can just wear over it.

What would that be called? I'm drawing a blank. Tailor Maid?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The nice thing is that that is all optional. I use the URWL version of Nevada Skies with brighter nights and Radstorms and Sandstorms disabled.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm looking for some good landscape retexture mods. I'm using Vurt's flora overhaul, and I'd like something that makes the ground textures a bit less drab and more in line with Vurt's greenery, even if it's just changing the shrubs to be green instead of dead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Stick with New Vegas Redesigned 2. Less obtrusive and more options, as well as significantly fewer rapey changes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Im running Project Nevada, would Nevada Skies or Realistic Lighting Overhaul work better? I had to disable Nevada Skies weather effects because running them with Project Nevada makes the weather go haywire and you get a new Radstorm or dust storm every time you exit a building into the main game world.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyshall posted:

Project Nevada shouldn't be messing with any weather at all, it is purely gameplay features.

Here is the best version of Nevada Skies to try - http://www.moddb.com/mods/nevada-skies-urwl

Project Nevada tweaks the timescale of the game to make days and nights slightly longer. This has the side effect of making storms go crazy in Nevada Skies.

How would Realistic Wasteland Lighting or Project reality stack up?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got a problem running Lonesome Road, it seems EDE-E won't follow me after I asked him to repair a weapon. Apparently this is a bug caused by the YUP patch. Any suggestions on how to get him working again?

EDIT: Never mind, I found a fix.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 29, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods out there that add sleeves to the basic combat armor?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fereydun posted:

somehow i didn't realize that millenia's WRP covered the unique weapons with unique textures for some reason even though it even covers the GRA ones

'cuz geeeeeeeez

Whatever you do, don't use the weapon mods xpanded WRP patch with the Mysterious Magnum. The mod that improves the gun's condition turns the beautiful metal finish into godawful gold plate.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So has anyone tried out Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59591/

I'm looking for something different from Nevada Skies, but I'd like to know how this plays with Project Nevada before I add it to my Load Order. I'm in a late game right now so I don't want to add anymore mods that could gently caress stuff up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any mods to retexture energy weapons ala the WRP mod for guns? Also, how is that Warzones mod nowadays? I tried it years ago and it broke my savegame (probably due to me running about 120 mods at once, granted). Any improvements?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are the EVE textures optional, or do I have to download the entire mod? I don't mind the regular game effects, and the less compatibility patches I need to juggle the better.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, Weapon Animation Replacers. I need a hand doing some fine tuning with it. The author apparently made a variant for SMGs and guns with vertical grips, but it isn't included in Gopher's FOMOD menu for the mod. Any ideas how I could get this particular animation to work in the game?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nekoxid posted:

I think I need a mod suggestion too. Is there a mod that can help with the traps (mines and bombs)? Something that works like the Spotter perk?

Doesn't Rex's perk point out traps?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AtillatheBum posted:

I like it, turns out that its really hard to fight from the inside of an enclosed metal suit, and it gives power armor and full-helmet armors a neat drawback. I totally get that some people wouldn't like basically having their fov reduced though.

It's not about how hard it is to fight in a metal suit, it's how you implement the HUD overlay well. Republic Commando does the whole enclosed helmet thing way better than Project Nevada's overlays.

EDIT. In somewhat nicer news, I was digging around the Nexus, and I came across a mod that fixes the texture fuckups if you try to use an armor or outfit that requires a different body model than the one you have. I love the outfits that come in the Spice of Life mod, but I hate how the Type 3 body replacer gives people noodle arms. Using the Universal UV Map mod lets me use the normal body with the outfits, which is nice.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57621/

It is marked adult, not for the mod itself, but for other mod outfits that it fixes up.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 23, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
One problem I've had with Freeside Open, for NMM at least, is that I can't always move the FreesideOpenPatch.esp up and down in my plugins. For whatever reason, the esp just refuses to move any lower down the list, unless I reinstall the mod, forcing the ESP down to the bottom. It gave me a bunch of headaches trying to get G.I Blues to work, because Roy wouldn't talk to me and Wayne just acted like an rear end when I tried to question him, locking up the quest.

Question: if I use this new version of the YUP patch, will the v9.0 compatibility patches for WMX and Project Nevada still work?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 25, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raygereio posted:

Yeah. It makes for cool looking screenshots, but I have no clue how anyone can look at that and think it's playable. I suppose it can be if you have a higher quality monitor that let's you see shapes inside the unlit areas, but still that would be get annoying fast.

I dunno, I have a crappy 16:9 monitor and ILO works just fine for me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Propagandist posted:

I ran into something similar after getting WRP, WMX, and Millenia's Weapons installed with a bunch of other poo poo. Maybe you're running into the same problem? I noticed some textures on a .357 revolver were the wrong ones, even though I knew the textures were installed (could navigate to them in MO).

Here's a fix for the .357 Revolver. Download WRP and WMX and install them as normal, and then download .357 Revolver re-retextured, and place it below both mods in your load order. Voila. Also works with the Single Shotgun re-retexture and the Grenade Launcher re-retexture.

Are there any mods out there that make the Battle of Hoover Dam a bit more epic than just fighting three Legion Centurions at a time?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any good mods that add some more functionality to the Lucky 38 suite without overhauling it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone know some good tutorials for editing modded armors? I've found one or two that I really like, except for some of the accessories on the outfit. I'd like to try and remove them just to tidy the outfits up a bit but I'm not sure where to start.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Psion posted:

If you're lucky, it's a simple matter of getting Nifskope, finding the accessory you want to remove, and deleting that part out of the mesh. I've done this a few times. If you're unlucky, well ... when that happened to me I changed my mind on how much I really wanted to edit that armor.

step 1: back up your nif. back it up. back it up twice.

Then, load up the thing in Nifskope. In the preview window, you can rotate and move the camera around by clicking and dragging and using the mousewheel, so do that and find what you want to get rid of, and click on it in the preview window. If you're lucky, only that thing will be white-wireframed and in the Block List you should have a specific NiTriShape selected - one indicates the other. Right click on the selected NiTriShape, pick Block > Remove. Ideally, that accessory you selected is now gone.

Save your nif and try it out ingame.

Holy crap it actually worked! Thanks so much for this. I am going to abuse the hell out of it tidying up some other armors I like except for that one niggling little thin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did Millennia ever do weapon retextures for the Fallout 3 weapons? Project Nevada's equipment module adds most of the FO3 guns back in and I was wondering if I could use any retextures for New Vegas.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, I've been using Fallout Character Overhaul because I like the textures and it doesn't have any of the rape poo poo from New Vegas Redesigned. that said, I want to play around with vanilla faces again while trying out some companion face edits, but I want to keep my FCO textures cus my character needs them. I downloaded the No NPC Edits esp and disabled the FCO Esm like Drumber said, but the NPC changes are still being made. Dunno what's wrong but if someone could help I'd appreciate it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm trying to avoid EVE because I want to keep my active plugins below 100 and it I've heard that it is tricky as gently caress to get it to play nice with WMX and Project Nevada. Sure there's compatibility patches but then it's the order in which they need to be installed.

Regarding that Turbolaser weapon pack mentioned above: when you say it has star wars style lasers, do you mean that the beams have been replaced with actual laser projectile bolts?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Uggggggh, I downloaded the FOV slider mod and now I can't go back to the default FOV, 90 is too good. But it also means that a bunch of weapons have clipping issues now, like the butt of the Gauss Rifle.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that gets rid of that stupid metal bar across the bottom of the 12.7mm SMG?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, do any of you use ADAM? Does it not play nice with the NCR Trooper Overhaul?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyshall posted:

Freeside Open runs great if you're using ENBBoost and the memory hack for NVSE. I have had some issues with FNVLODGen and the mod, which is a shame.

So how does the ENBoost work exactly? It just opens up more memory for the engine to use? Can I modify how much it accesses?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was browsing the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas STEP Project page, and I saw that there was a version of ADAM that came bundled with a FOMOD installer. For some reason however, whenever I try to activate the mod through NMM, despite going through the fomod normally and choosing my options, the mod isn't activated with an error message reading that access to the New Vegas data folder was denied.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm an impatient gently caress who doesn't like FOMM, but also hates NMM. I've migrated to MO for Skyrim and I'm wondering how well it would handle New Vegas, because Gopher did say there are a few hiccups with older games.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also it doesn't have some of Mission Mojave's more baffling changes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nexus6 posted:

I'm using Nevada Skies and as cool as the dust storms / rain storms are, can they be configured to be less frequent? I get about 20 seconds of clear sky before I'm hit with another storm that reduces my visibility to 3 feet for five hours and as soon as it stops I get a different storm or it's the middle of the night.

You're probably using Project Nevada too, right? PN changes the timescale so days are a little longer, and that absolutely fucks up Nevada Skies weather systems. The solution I found was to force a certain number of days between storms using the mod's ingame utility. So you don't get the weather changes as often, but you don't walk out into radstorms every five minutes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Welcome to Damage Threshold. Where Supermutants are absolute bastards just like the Mojave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really dislike Redesigned 3 for the changes it makes to Fortification Hill. Namely adding a giant rape slave pen full of lovingly recorded moans and coughing right by the doorway, and if you go in further you get to see a sex slave giving a blowjob while bawling her eyes out.