Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So I'm thinking of doing a TTW game, starting in the Capital Wasteland because I really haven't played much F3. I also want to try a few mods listed in the OP, namely TA. Does TA add the weapons to the leveled lists, and does TTW merge the lists so I can get TA weapons outside of the Mojave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So, I just installed TTW, and for some reason the menu won't show up for about twenty seconds. I mean, I love the backround art and I consider myself a patient man, but I'm still not that patient. Anyone know a way to quicken it up? I only have the default .esm's for TTW enabled.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Hobo on Fire posted:

Only an extra 20 seconds? I'm Jealous. The menu won't appear until the game is completely loaded, i.e. all the .ESMs and .ESPs, all the .BSA archives, etc. Loading up everything for FO3 with all of its DLCs in addition to everything for NV takes time. ...It's just the cost of loading two games worth of content.

Never figured that loading more data would make the game load longer. :doh:
One last question. I've noticed that the .22 revolvers carried by the raiders and the first-person models of the Assault Rifle end up as that lovely red exclamation point. Apparently it's caused by WMX and I need to rename the .nif's located in the BSA. How would I go about doing that?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

sean10mm posted:

I haven't done a play-through in a while and would like some mod advice before I get started...

1) I usually use The Armory for more guns, but I'd like to try something different that isn't a ton of real-world guns or game-breaking cheat items. Is the current version of AG Supplementary Uniques a well-done mod for that?

AGSU is pretty fun if you like treasure hunting. The only problem I found is that you often find a new unique weapon that outclasses your old too often. They're good for display when you're done with them, though.
For new guns, Classic Fallout Weapons is decently meaty, and it's a good nostalgia trip for fans of the older games. The meshes could be better but the sheer variety of killing implements makes up for it.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Are there any mods that let you do Arizona Killer without being a member of the Legion? Like, say, on an Independant run?
Also, are there any mods that add more fire weapons?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

pun pundit posted:

I bought FNV in the Steam sale, and wanted to mod it before I started. However the Nexus seems to be down right now (I can't access it anyway), so I can't get FOMM. I was just going to install the tint remover and one of the HUD modifications, but the tint remover seems to be unavailable other places than the Nexus. The HUD mod I want is on the bethesda forums so I can get it, but I don't know where to put it when I don't have FOMM. Help?

There's usually a readme in the file. Just extract everything to your Fallout New Vegas/Data folder unless the readme says otherwise.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Naky posted:

I meant to post about this a long time ago, but apparently the author of AWOP found this thread and all of our trash talking about AWOP being a bloated buggy unbalanced piece of poo poo full of copy and paste locations and oversized enemies (because it is all of this) and he made a big sobby thread on Nexus over how butthurt he was about us trashing his lovely mod, which just lead to the inevitable responses from people trying to suck his dick and say how bad a site they heard Something Awful was. It was glorious.

I didn't know that was the general consensus on AWOP. :smith: I've been using it since I started getting mods for NV. Giving it some thought, yeah, it is kind of a piece of poo poo. I guess I've just been in denial since it's the only decently-sized dungeon mod I've found.
I'm not surprised that he acted like that though. The Nexus is just a big circlejerk.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

That is actually an awesome idea, don't touch Nexus and still get amazing mods.

Someone needs to start uploading The Armory on it. I can't download it the old fashion way since my satellite internet shits out halfway through.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So, when can someone put up some Goon-made mods on that SA Torrent site? With the maker's permission, of course.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
What's the general consensus on Monster Wars? I've played with it a little bit and it's pretty fun if you don't care about MY IMMERSION~ or have an open mind about lore-friendlyness.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Sensenmann posted:

Does Tales from the Burning Sands play nice with AWOP? Can't download and test for myself since the Nexus servers are broken. Again.

As much as it pains me to say it, AWOP is really bloated and unbalanced, and it really doesn't play nice with other mods without a compatibility patch. I'd really just recommend uninstalling it and moving on. If you want more poo poo to shoot at, fine, but don't use it expecting deep gameplay. It's really a shame, since Fallout mods are really lacking in the 'dungeon' department. The closest you can get is FNV Interiors or Monster Wars.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Where exactly is Lombard Station located? Me and ED-E are up to our necks in guns that I don't want to sell.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Hot drat, that looks a lot better than some games today.
...Eh, why the hell not, I'll try out an ENB. Anything I should know before taking the plunge?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
What's the difference between Injector and Wrapper?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I downloaded ENB and extracted the d-whatever.dll (phone posting, can't check the name of the file) from Wrapper to the main NV folder, and extracted everything but the optional presets from APEX along with it and...nothing. My game looks the exact same. What am I doing wrong?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Fereydun posted:

Are you using FNV4GB?

Extract the files to the exe folder too if you are. Otherwise it should be workin' to some degree.

Remember to enable HDR and disable Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.

I don't use NV4GB. Is that a bad thing?
I don't remember disabling AA and Anisotropic Filtering. I'll try that when I get home.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So I enabled HDR, and disabled Antialising, and Anisotropic Filtering. Still nothing. I tried to install NV4GB too, but it won't let me for whatever reason. :saddowns:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Dr.Oblivious posted:

What with all the Fallout 4 talk going around lately I've decided to start playing New Vegas again with a few mods. Unfortunately, I'm getting a little trouble from Arenovalis' WRP, a handful of his textures aren't working right for me. As far as I know, it only the police pistol and silenced .22 that have been affected so far but I haven't gotten that far into the game to be able to tell for sure.

I got the same problem, bro. :smith::hf::smith: . Anyone know a way to this it?
Also, how would I go about making a patch for The Armory and CASE? Is it as simple ad loading up the GECK and editing some lists?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Capn Beeb posted:

I think he went back and re-retextured some weapons, and changed the UV map in the process, so if your weapon mod doesn't use the new UV mesh, you get busted textures. Are you using WMX or WME?

WMX. Also, I just learned the model of the Sawn-Off shotgun is messed up when I use it and displays a red !, but I don't know if it's caused by the same thing.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So I got 3 questions;
I've got Mod Organizer all set up for Skyrim but I have no idea how to set it up for New Vegas. How would I go about doing this?
How do I fix the hosed up textures when using Aeronovalis' weapon textures and WMX?
Is the WMX-WME Merged Patch any good,and does it support Aeronovalis?

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 14, 2014

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I remember there being 1 or 2 tables for modded weapons that you can't fit on weapon walls in Lombard, but since I run with both the Armory, AGSU and now WotNM, that's really not enough space to display all of the cool looking guns. I think Underwater Hideout did it best, with the column in the middle of the Armory with a bunch of space to place weapons with Feug Shui. It would be awesome if you could do some shelves in the middle for custom guns or just some blank walls/more tables.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

SpookyLizard posted:

You could probably do it with Primm or Novac without having to create a town for the mod. Primm seems like a good choice really. You go track down a couple of extra competent gunmen to assist in the towns defense from the regular outpouring of bad dudes from the prison. Could use it to replace/enhance My Kind Of Town. I'm gonna go make some notes.
It could work for all 4 main factions in My Kind Of Town. Get Primm Slimm updated with some RobCo tech for House, get either the NCR or the Legion to annex Primm, or go the Magnificent 7 route for Independant Vegas. Might be a shitton of conflicts and voice splicing involved, though.

Edit: something that scale would actually work better with Nipton, now that I think about it. There's more space, no conflicts with any other quest (Except for maybe Can You Find It In Your Heart), and it feels bad to let an area that size go to waste.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 22, 2014

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I'm sorry I forgot your name, but towards the bit who was doing that huge mod compilation with PN/FOOK; how's that coming along, and what's the ETA on it?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Ddraig posted:

Compilation update: Merging scripts sucks rear end, especially since GECK likes to forget which masters the files have set so I end up with a bunch of broken plugins I have to fix in FNVedit.

I have updated all ingestibles to have effects "fixed" by YUP, adapted to jsawyer values, and to use the various effects from other mods like CCO (mainly the Determined trait) and adding in empty syringes, jet inhalers etc.

This is for all ingestibles, including stuff added by other mods. So all perks and chems will work as intended. I think my soul is slowly dying thanks to this tedium.

Drithius has been a busy body and I've had to update the core FOOK-PN-Convergence files several times, including completely remaking my work to include the new version of WMX.

The only quest mod I've included, since I think it's the only one worthwhile that isn't embarassing to play or just plain broken is Tales from the Burning Sands. I've also updated this to include it's food with the Project Nevada scripts so if food healing is switched off the new food/ingestibles added will not heal you unless you want them to.

I'm slowly compiling a list of all the mods I've included (basically most of NVEC apart from the terrible stuff), which is annoying as FOOK adds a few of these so I have to collate a few sources and remove mods I may have added inadvertently.

Man, you are really doing the Lord's work. Know that at least one person is waiting for this compilation to be released.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Nobody Interesting posted:

I've just found a pair of Lucky Shades (oddly enough in a metal box in OWB, I'm finding really weird items all over the place - Dean's Tuxedo was in The Sink)]

Do you use More Perks? There's a Perk that gives you a chance to find unique items in containers. (I found the La Lounge Carbine in
Nelson once.) I forget it's name, but the icon is Vault Boy finding a grandfather clock in a duffel bag.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I just got around to downloading the FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-AWOP convergence mod and I included all (I think) the fixin's, but I think I have a problem. Whenever I see an actor with certain weapons (I've seen that it affects the .44 magnum, the 9mm SMG and the grenade launcher) the weapon appears as the infamous red exclamation point. When I kill the actor and take the gun, it appears fine (in both first and third person views). I mucked around with the files, drag-and-dropped almost everything back into the Data folder, and it's still the same. Can anyone help me or take a look at my Load Order?

EDIT: I should probably mention that I also have the Weapon Retexture Project, because I don't think that shows up in the load order.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

1) Have you run BOSS?
2) Do you have a merged patch?

Probably a good place to start. Also disable Invalidation in NMM then re-enable it.

I've run BOSS, but that just threw the mod's preferred load order out of whack. I don't even know how to start making a merged patch, but I'll look it up. I'll try Invalidation straight away.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
ArchiveInavalidation didn't work :suicide:

Merged Patch is a case of firing up FNVEdit, waiting for everything to load in, right clicking a random one, going to other and clicking Create merged patch. It's not perfect but it'll fix any immediate conflict - even if this isn't the result of a conflict, you DO have conflicts in that load order whether you know it or not. It's guaranteed on anything more than like 5 mods.

Run BOSS and apply it. Maybe swap things around to meet preferred load orders if that's what they say in the documentation. BOSS is a pretty good way to avoid conflicts outside of a merged patch.

So, any random mod? Not just focusing on the ones that I recently added and probably hosed everything up in the first place?
And, another thing I accidentally forgot to mention; Pretty much everything is where BOSS made it go except for the things I had to move around for FOOK-PN-WMX-WME-Whatever patch.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Yeah. It's not a contextual selection. FNVEdit dev obviously thought a menu bar was too cool. FNVEdit handles conflict detection for you - searches every mod and compiles the conflicts all by magic.

BUT if BOSS + Invalidation didn't work then I don't think a merged patch will either. You have exclamation marks because a texture is missing or isn't getting loaded. Latter part should have been fixed by invalidation.

So I dunno what the hell is going on now.

In the end, FNVEdit didn't even work; every time I tried there was an error with loading the mod list or some poo poo, and it wouldn't let me edit. So now I just finished uninstalling and I'm in the middle of reinstalling the game. :smith: Hopefully, I'll be more cautious with my load order and how I'll put in mods.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I reinstalled the game, reinstalled the convergence mods in the order that the readme specified, copied the mesh and texture files in every .zip over to my Data Folder, and I made sure I had every mod required,and added a few mods to make the game playable, and I still get no loving mesh on the 9mm SMG's non-player model. What the hell am I doing wrong? Here's my load order.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

RONALD REAGAN posted:

Make sure that you're using the absolute newest version of FOOK (1.13), since it was updated two days ago. That update included new textures/meshes (I think from WRP) for a bunch of weapons, including the 9mm SMG, which the convergence mod needs. Older versions don't have those textures.

Also, FOOK-PN Convergence.esp is in the wrong place, according to the readme. It should come right after Project Nevada - All DLC.esp. That won't cause the problem with the weapons, but it will probably screw up a few other things.

:worship: Thanks for the info! I'll download it right now. Should I just replace the esp/esms and the meshes/textures with the new FOOK or will that dig me even deeper?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
The 9mm SMG and everything else is now un-hosed! :woop: Should it be safe to install WRP?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

RONALD REAGAN posted:

You don't need to; FOOK already includes WRP. See here: http://millenia3d.net/install.html

Not in my game, apparently. Well, the 12.7mm Pistol's slide-thingie is the WRP version but everything else is still vanilla.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm interested in a music mod that changes the ambient music up a bit. I feel like the indoor exploration tunes are too like ... busy? There's too much going on, and they're kind of loud and sometimes brash. I'm also not really satisfied with the outdoor musics, especially when you get close to a NCR army camp and you get the military-ish music going on.

Anyone know of a good (great) ambient music mod?

Digital Nightmare might be what you're looking for. It replaces the all-over-the-place exploration themes with really desolate-sounding music. I'd also recommend Fallout 1 & 2 Ambient Music if you're a fan of the original Fallouts. I'm not sure if it replaces the dungeon exploration themes but It's still a refreshing change, though. And if you don't mind using a radio station, Existence 2-0 from the OP supplies suprisingly relaxing industrial songs along with stories and anecdotes from a psychopathic A.I.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I AM BRAWW posted:

Can I install "A World Of Pain" without having to start a new game?

I remember uninstalling and installing AWOP a few days ago when troubleshooting a glitch I had, and it still worked fine.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
You can kinda see it to the left of her hair, at the same height as her chin. It's pretty easy to miss, looks like part of the level geometry.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Man I swear there was something like that in AGSU...some sort of cobbled-together rail driver. Maybe I am misremembering.

You might be talking about the Hackennguasen, or however you spell it. You find it the schematics for it in No-Bark's shed.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
E: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

UberJumper posted:

I just want to be able to see ~1+ meters in front of me at night :smith:

I had this problem earlier today so I looked up 'pip boy light' on the Nexus and found this. It's worked pretty well so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Simon The Digger posted:

Is CASE 2 (the extra ammo types mod) good? I vaguely remember using it the last time I played FONV, but I don't know if it breaks the balance of the game or doesn't work with other popular mods or w/e.

I loving love CASE. I've been running it in my last few playthroughs and I haven't had any major balance issues. I'd recommend getting the Leveled List Organizer that's linked on the same page and the LLO CASE file so enemies can use the ammo, too. It makes the game more challenging when the Vipers have access to grenade-launching shotgun shells and incendiary bullets.