Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
FOOK-PN-Convergence is just so drat fun.

Went into Dead Money thinking I was hot poo poo. Got Dog on my side, and my Robco Certified Mr. Handy/Floating Eyebot...

Encounter a ghost person on some stairs. Ok, I've got this... I run into smack him with my bear trap fist, he throws a spear, hits me directly in the loving head and decapitates me :v:

I tip my hat to that ghost person. He truly deserved that kill as I was a gunho idiot :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Went into Dead Money thinking I was hot poo poo. Got Dog on my side, and my Robco Certified Mr. Handy/Floating Eyebot...

Encounter a ghost person on some stairs. Ok, I've got this... I run into smack him with my bear trap fist, he throws a spear, hits me directly in the loving head and decapitates me :v:

I tip my hat to that ghost person. He truly deserved that kill as I was a gunho idiot :v:

Even in the Vanilla game they are pretty drat good at doing that. It just takes 2 spears instead of one. :v:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Ddraig posted:

I've been using that mod Gopher uses in his LP's. Everything is hilarious lethal, especially melee. Radioactive bugs bite at your face and SURPRISE! you done got that limb crippled. And lost a pile of hitpoints. Becuase a radioactive monster lizard eating at your face. With it's teeth. And then bang bang you're dead.

Or it'll go the otheway, and you'll pop him in the head it'll fall the gently caress over because bullets to dome-region are exceptionally effective. one or two decent rounds to the chest puts down pretty much everyone, including you.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
So, because I really want to use IWS, after reading some old posts on the thread for the mod, I decided to go into FNVedit and see why it breaks the little bit where the Legion soldiers attack a caravan.

Turns out IWS sets the Legion faction to be friends of the wandering caravan and mercenary factions, which causes both the event to break, and makes the caravan hostile if you shoot the legion soldiers. :wtc:

Setting the relations back to Neutral, possibly even Enemies, in FNVedit seems to fix it, so do that first if you want to use IWS. Unless, you know, you want a dumb edit to faction relations that makes no sense at all in-game.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 22, 2014

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Does anyone have a good cowboy armor mod in the vein of the ranger vest?

I would use that but it has some bad clipping issues in first person :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a fix or anything for some of the guns in the big Millenia pack? The weird shiny finish on 'em is just... strange looking.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
That's his cube map. No fix for it, it's how he wants to release them. You can just remove it on the guns you find distasteful using nifskope though. It's the meadowtrails map.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

Psion posted:

Put in a Mr. Handy named Roomba and call it a day.

hey swag I only have one more question about your Lombard reimagining/update/whatever: when?

I honestly wish I could give you an ETA, but working on it takes much, much longer than I had originally intended. I won't say it involves more work than I had planned for, as that matches up pretty closely to what I was expecting when I planned it out before starting, just that the work takes more time to complete than I was originally prepared for.

Edit: My brother also just moved back from Germany and that's eating a ton of my time right now as well.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 22, 2014

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Raygereio posted:

In addition to what Colonel said:
Read the readme files and/or description pages of mods. You have to use one of the SimpleStreetlights, SecretStash & MBOWBExtended plugins.

I did what you both suggested, but that didn't seem to fix it. I want one MBOWBExtendedXX esp, One Secret StashXX esp and one Simple Streetlight esp checked off in NMM, correct? I also installed the SomeguySeries esm.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So while loving around in Lombard Station earlier, I used the Portable Cheat Terminal and gave myself roughly 2k+ rounds of each ammo to stock on the walls.

I'll throw some screenshots up here after I find them, but while it's beautiful, it makes the game loving chug to look at them somewhat. It's possible that the game was upset at the literal fuckloads of things in general, and I'm going to try it doing it with the ammo boxes empty and without having run the scripts recently, but have you at all experienced any slowdowns because of the displays and poo poo, KoS?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roobanguy posted:

Try Gunslinger outfit or maybe give yourself Raul's vaquero outfit?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SpookyLizard posted:

So while loving around in Lombard Station earlier, I used the Portable Cheat Terminal and gave myself roughly 2k+ rounds of each ammo to stock on the walls.

I'll throw some screenshots up here after I find them, but while it's beautiful, it makes the game loving chug to look at them somewhat. It's possible that the game was upset at the literal fuckloads of things in general, and I'm going to try it doing it with the ammo boxes empty and without having run the scripts recently, but have you at all experienced any slowdowns because of the displays and poo poo, KoS?
I had a game were I legitimately maxed out everything but coin shot rounds and maybe fat mines (vendors sell tons of GRA nukes but no originals) and didn't see any performance problems. I assembled it piecemeal instead of having the game put everything on the shelves all at once, though.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

I had a game were I legitimately maxed out everything but coin shot rounds and maybe fat mines (vendors sell tons of GRA nukes but no originals) and didn't see any performance problems. I assembled it piecemeal instead of having the game put everything on the shelves all at once, though.

I think it was more tied to adding them via the terminal/console and some other weirdness from earlier. Playing it now there's basically no slowdown at all, and it only stutters like usual from CASM.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I really, really love RobCo Certified

Dead Money is a lot less harrowing and soul-crushing when you have a Mr Handy with you. Seeing him set ghost people on fire while screaming "By god, if I had hands I'd strangle the life out of you!" always brings a smile to my face.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

SpookyLizard posted:

Can't say that I have, although I don't know how telling it would be even if I had, because my scripts work in a fundamentally different way than the original LS scripts (my scripts use NVSE supplied arrays where the original scripts used a lot of very long form-lists and if-else blocks).

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Naky posted:

People who don't read the readme and post blindly in the comments infuriate me. If I respond at all, and normally I don't, I tend to be fairly sarcastic in response. Nothing makes me sigh more audibly than this, I think.

Yeah... Ask-Firsters. :eng99:

Not even considering that it is sort of rude and an imposition on the author... locating a method to contact the author, articulating the problem they have, and then waiting and hoping that the author responds to them seems like so much more work than just checking the readme. Does that not occur to them? Do they assume that there's no useful information in the readme? Do they not even realise it's there - perhaps because they've only ever known Nexus Mod Manager et al and don't know how to open an archive file? But then there's also the description on the download page; did they not read that either?

I don't know; it's a state of mind I don't think I'll ever understand.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
After loving around with it a bit it seems more related to ficking around with the cheat terminal stuff than anything else. If it ever is low-fps time, exiting and restarting the game seems to sort it out fairly quickly.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Where can I get DarnUI? Beth forums give me 403.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SpookyLizard posted:

After loving around with it a bit it seems more related to ficking around with the cheat terminal stuff than anything else. If it ever is low-fps time, exiting and restarting the game seems to sort it out fairly quickly.

Lowered FPS over time? More likely there's a poorly written script running in the background that's eating up your RAM/CPU. Figuring out which mod is causing it will be the trick though.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I just finished Old World Blues and have returned to New Vegas. I have a lot more content to play through, including a number of the other DLCs, but I just can't be hosed to mission through a game where unloading a clip of a machine gun into an opponent's face won't kill them.

Is there some mod that stops this retarded enemy scaling, or at least makes this game feel a little more 'realistic' because gently caress this. I'm at level 28 with tons more game left to play, but this is ridiculous now.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

Lowered FPS over time? More likely there's a poorly written script running in the background that's eating up your RAM/CPU. Figuring out which mod is causing it will be the trick though.

it's only ever in lombard station, and it's really only since I fully stocked the ammo shelves and poo poo. So I'm blaming it partly on some weird script being a jerk, and all the loving ammo boxes downstairs.

BadAstronaut posted:

I just finished Old World Blues and have returned to New Vegas. I have a lot more content to play through, including a number of the other DLCs, but I just can't be hosed to mission through a game where unloading a clip of a machine gun into an opponent's face won't kill them.

Is there some mod that stops this retarded enemy scaling, or at least makes this game feel a little more 'realistic' because gently caress this. I'm at level 28 with tons more game left to play, but this is ridiculous now.

JSawyer and/or PN-Rebalance. Both are great. I run them PLUS CCO and ita ll works okay. I've also been using a mod that makes everything more lethal, but i"m growing less and less fond of constantly having to spend doctor's bags on crippled limbs after taking one or two bullets, and being stunlocked by melee enemies.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

BadAstronaut posted:

OWB has a lot of enemies with high DT/HP to try and force players to try things other than gun builds; you get a bunch of strong melee/unarmed weapons with relatively low skill requirements that work really well there like the Proton Axe and Saturnite Fist. A machine gun was probably one of the worst weapon choices you could have made for that section. You probably won't see that kind of widespread sponginess again, aside from things like sentry bots and deathclaws.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

I would use that but it has some bad clipping issues in first person :(

PoliceAutomaton's Armor Collection in the OP has a port of the cowboy outfit from Mothership Zeta in it. If you're using TTW you can just get it from the DLC itself, too.

Dragbody's Courier's Cache has an outfit that kinda looks cowboy-ish in the Ranger Gunslinger armor.

From what I find, the ranger brown hat is the best for makin' any outfit look cowboy-ish:

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

BadAstronaut posted:

There is this mod I rather like using.
Realistic Headshots mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35037/

This makes any and all human and animals die instantly when you shoot them in the head. There is a option that you can die from it as well. It's gives cover a real reason to hide behind.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I just got around to downloading the FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-AWOP convergence mod and I included all (I think) the fixin's, but I think I have a problem. Whenever I see an actor with certain weapons (I've seen that it affects the .44 magnum, the 9mm SMG and the grenade launcher) the weapon appears as the infamous red exclamation point. When I kill the actor and take the gun, it appears fine (in both first and third person views). I mucked around with the files, drag-and-dropped almost everything back into the Data folder, and it's still the same. Can anyone help me or take a look at my Load Order?

EDIT: I should probably mention that I also have the Weapon Retexture Project, because I don't think that shows up in the load order.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Kumaton posted:

I just got around to downloading the FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-AWOP convergence mod and I included all (I think) the fixin's, but I think I have a problem. Whenever I see an actor with certain weapons (I've seen that it affects the .44 magnum, the 9mm SMG and the grenade launcher) the weapon appears as the infamous red exclamation point. When I kill the actor and take the gun, it appears fine (in both first and third person views). I mucked around with the files, drag-and-dropped almost everything back into the Data folder, and it's still the same. Can anyone help me or take a look at my Load Order?

EDIT: I should probably mention that I also have the Weapon Retexture Project, because I don't think that shows up in the load order.

1) Have you run BOSS?
2) Do you have a merged patch?

Probably a good place to start. Also disable Invalidation in NMM then re-enable it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a way to keep IWS generic enemy spawns down while keeping up the increased civilian/faction spawns?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Nobody Interesting posted:

1) Have you run BOSS?
2) Do you have a merged patch?

Probably a good place to start. Also disable Invalidation in NMM then re-enable it.

I've run BOSS, but that just threw the mod's preferred load order out of whack. I don't even know how to start making a merged patch, but I'll look it up. I'll try Invalidation straight away.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Kumaton posted:

I've run BOSS, but that just threw the mod's preferred load order out of whack. I don't even know how to start making a merged patch, but I'll look it up. I'll try Invalidation straight away.

Merged Patch is a case of firing up FNVEdit, waiting for everything to load in, right clicking a random one, going to other and clicking Create merged patch. It's not perfect but it'll fix any immediate conflict - even if this isn't the result of a conflict, you DO have conflicts in that load order whether you know it or not. It's guaranteed on anything more than like 5 mods.

Run BOSS and apply it. Maybe swap things around to meet preferred load orders if that's what they say in the documentation. BOSS is a pretty good way to avoid conflicts outside of a merged patch.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
ArchiveInavalidation didn't work :suicide:

Merged Patch is a case of firing up FNVEdit, waiting for everything to load in, right clicking a random one, going to other and clicking Create merged patch. It's not perfect but it'll fix any immediate conflict - even if this isn't the result of a conflict, you DO have conflicts in that load order whether you know it or not. It's guaranteed on anything more than like 5 mods.

Run BOSS and apply it. Maybe swap things around to meet preferred load orders if that's what they say in the documentation. BOSS is a pretty good way to avoid conflicts outside of a merged patch.

So, any random mod? Not just focusing on the ones that I recently added and probably hosed everything up in the first place?
And, another thing I accidentally forgot to mention; Pretty much everything is where BOSS made it go except for the things I had to move around for FOOK-PN-WMX-WME-Whatever patch.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Kumaton posted:

So, any random mod? Not just focusing on the ones that I recently added and probably hosed everything up in the first place?

Yeah. It's not a contextual selection. FNVEdit dev obviously thought a menu bar was too cool. FNVEdit handles conflict detection for you - searches every mod and compiles the conflicts all by magic.

BUT if BOSS + Invalidation didn't work then I don't think a merged patch will either. You have exclamation marks because a texture is missing or isn't getting loaded. Latter part should have been fixed by invalidation.

So I dunno what the hell is going on now.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Yeah. It's not a contextual selection. FNVEdit dev obviously thought a menu bar was too cool. FNVEdit handles conflict detection for you - searches every mod and compiles the conflicts all by magic.

BUT if BOSS + Invalidation didn't work then I don't think a merged patch will either. You have exclamation marks because a texture is missing or isn't getting loaded. Latter part should have been fixed by invalidation.

So I dunno what the hell is going on now.

In the end, FNVEdit didn't even work; every time I tried there was an error with loading the mod list or some poo poo, and it wouldn't let me edit. So now I just finished uninstalling and I'm in the middle of reinstalling the game. :smith: Hopefully, I'll be more cautious with my load order and how I'll put in mods.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Exclamation marks are a sign of missing mesh, purple/white/hosed up looking textures that shift around are an indication of missing textures.

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011
I'm not sure about the rest, but the convergence mod needs to be in a precise load order for it to work correctly. You also have to install/extract everything in the exact order shown in the readme. Beyond that, I guess you might have forgotten to extract the mesh or texture folders along with the mods? Maybe?

Also don't run a merged patch with that mod, I think it says so in the readme.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
If everything is sound and installed right, meshes are one of the first things to get hosed by the issue of Too Many Mods, in my experience. Try the binary method in the , see if that helps.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I reinstalled the game, reinstalled the convergence mods in the order that the readme specified, copied the mesh and texture files in every .zip over to my Data Folder, and I made sure I had every mod required,and added a few mods to make the game playable, and I still get no loving mesh on the 9mm SMG's non-player model. What the hell am I doing wrong? Here's my load order.

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

Kumaton posted:

I reinstalled the game, reinstalled the convergence mods in the order that the readme specified, copied the mesh and texture files in every .zip over to my Data Folder, and I made sure I had every mod required,and added a few mods to make the game playable, and I still get no loving mesh on the 9mm SMG's non-player model. What the hell am I doing wrong? Here's my load order.

Make sure that you're using the absolute newest version of FOOK (1.13), since it was updated two days ago. That update included new textures/meshes (I think from WRP) for a bunch of weapons, including the 9mm SMG, which the convergence mod needs. Older versions don't have those textures.

Also, FOOK-PN Convergence.esp is in the wrong place, according to the readme. It should come right after Project Nevada - All DLC.esp. That won't cause the problem with the weapons, but it will probably screw up a few other things.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Is there an ENB that makes FCO heads not look so loving creepy?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
FCO heads look creepy without ENB :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Without any actual details on, say, what you want changed, or an example of an FCO screenshot you like, it's going to be people posting random ENBs scattergun style since there isn't much to go on here.

therefore,
  • Lone Wanderer
  • Apex
  • Alpenglow
  • Enhanced Shaders
  • Blackout (heh)