Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

I installed Spice of Life which involved having to install body mods (which is a weird world - these modders are very specific about their penis preferences) and now a bunch of female characters have bright pink faces.

Where did I gently caress up?

Oh here's my full modlist from NMM.

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=0
ClassicPack.esm=0
MercenaryPack.esm=0
TribalPack.esm=0
Active Wasteland.esm=1
rePopulated Wasteland.esm=1
SomeguySeries.esm=1
More Perks for Companions.esm=1
NevadaSkies.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
oHUD.esm=1
NVCE DLC02.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp=1
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Replacements.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Coffee Maker.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
NVCE DLC01.esp=1
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp=0
familiar_faces_ghouls.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Goggle Tints.esp=1
DarNifiedUINV.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp=1
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp=0
1nivVSLArmors.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
familiar_faces_gals.esp=1
NVCE Main.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Brighter Nights.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Goggle Tints.esp=1
MMUE+ Freeside Expanded.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1
pyDoF.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
familiar_faces_guys.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp=0
NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp=0
MiscItemIconsNV.esp=1
SecretStash40.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp=1
NVCE DLC03.esp=1
NVCE DLC04.esp=1
NVCE Main - Companions.esp=1
Roberts_NewVegas.esp=1
Rustyhwys.esp=1
SecretStash80.esp=1
SecretStash20.esp=1
SecretStash60.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition Plus.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
Holy poo poo I have too many mods.

Also NMC's textures. Also this poo poo was BOSSed.

I thought FCO was doing it, but because FCO sucks I disabled that and there are still pink faces.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

FNV Redesigned Lore

Even the Lore version does strange things to Cass and Trudy. 'Realistic' means 'attractive', these days. :downswords:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Redesigned 2's Lore Trudy looks fine to me.

I remember when I installed it Trudy looked odd. Maybe I somehow had two Trudy changing mods installed or something. Cass definitely looked a bit too strange.

Or maybe I have brainhurt and it wasn't NVR at all.

Anything's better than these pink faces, though.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 19, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Gyshall posted:

You probably need to set bloadfacegenheadegtfiles to 1 in your INI, which should fix that problem.

I've done that, since before pink faces it was white faces on black bodies etc. Also am using Archive Invalidation by way of the Archive Invalidation Generator doohickey. Is Archive Invalidation Invalidated a better idea?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Are you using a mod manager? FOMM and MO both have their own Archive Invalidation methods.

NMM, yeah. It didn't do poo poo. When I generated ArchiveInvalidation.txt properly, body mods and NMC's fully applied.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I've just got to Mojave Outpost (so it's a good few minutes in) after resolving the whole Primm situation. I'm running MMUE and MMUE+ and I'm reading elsewhere that MMUE is poop and shouldn't be used.

Is it safe to uninstall it and run Yugichawhateveritscalled instead or do I need to start again after uninstalling? Also MMUE+ is kinda cool because it's just a compilation of other mods (I think). I reviewed all of the mods included before installing and I like all of them so I can probably keep that, right?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Reinstalled New Vegas and started a new game because uninstalling MMUE turned out to be a bad idea.

Female characters still have bright pink faces. I think it's connected to Spice of Life (which I don't want to remove :shrug:). Exactly what Type 3 body mod should you be using with Spice of Life?

Also is there anything slightly better than rePopulated Wasteland? I want more people doin' stuff but at the moment I have a bunch of NPCs which, if I talk to them, I get locked into the generic "What do you need?" dialogue and that's not great. Ideally the additional NPCs would have the same AI as their area counterparts right?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Oh hey let's have pictures of ol' Pinkface.

Ain't she pretty?

And she has a great personality.

I feel like I've entered an Amazonian paradise.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 26, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

delta534 posted:

One is archive invalidation on, two is the setting bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles in the general section set to one in your ini.

Both are done. However I've done archive invalidation with the Archive Invalidation Generator thing rather than the mod. Also Nexus's invalidation option didn't seem to do anything. I'm launching from NMM most of the time anyway and there's no change.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

None that add new races, but I am using New Vegas Character Expansions.

Tried disabling it and faces are still pink.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

If it overwrote the files, I'm not sure that disabling it helps.

I don't think it has any files outside of its own esps, though.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I've done that twice today. I do keep a backup of Vegas just in case.

Slightly apprehensive about verifying though. There might be a loose file somewhere that Steam wants to replace...

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Hobo on Fire posted:

Try this: go to the nexus and find a type 3 texture replacer that includes face textures... install it and fire up your game. It shouldn't have any .esp or .nif files, just the .dds images.

So every such mod I found is a nude one. I've never seen a higher res vagina than some of these.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Well alright I tried Beware of Girl which looks like the most honest attempt to make a good body. It's just that there's tits attached. The pink faces are gone now at the cost of a nude mode.

The annoying thing is the installer does have an option for clothed bodies, but it fails when you try to install it ("Nothing selected"). I looked in the mod's archive and there are no corresponding clothed textures.

I wonder if I could actually use it in tandem with the files from the other Type 3 mod to un-nudify it...

Edit: Well hey that actually worked. There's a bit of neck seam but who cares. Install BOG first THEN the Type 3 recommended by Spice of Life has worked, even if it's a weird and redundant solution. But I guess it's BOG's tits and Type 3's underwear mesh.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 27, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The pink faces returned after installing a few new mods, but disabling and re-enabling archive invalidation in NMM fixed that. Good trick to know.

What seems to be one final issue is present now, though. Nevada Skies's skybox seems a bit off. There's some very obvious seamage going on there...

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Assuming the NMM link on the Nexus Page IS the latest version, yeah.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The thing is, when I installed Roberts body patch for Spice of Life, I didn't pick nude bodies...

At least he's giving us a thumbs up tho

Caesar does not approve of toilet paper

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 28, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The King of Swag posted:

Honest Hearts adds the coffee recipe to the campfire recipe list; Project Nevada (I believe) adds a perk that allows you to use any regular coffee machine (which are normally static and not usable) to brew a cup of black coffee, with less resources than it takes to brew at the campfire. That said, the coffee machine and coffee urn are static objects and just there for decoration, and if I'm right about PN, that's unlikely to change, as it'll add the functionality if you use it.

Active Wasteland has an option to use coffee makers, too.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Anyone know how safe it is to install The New Bison Steve mod after you've already cleared Primm? I keep finding new drat mods every time I go to launch the game and that one looks great.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Jolly good. Actually a little bit amazed at how stable everything is, my loadorder is getting pretty crazy.

Still a little bit disappointed in rePopulated Wasteland though. I wonder how trivial it would be to patch in non-generic AI for the new NPCs?

Edit:
And now I get to Freeside I discover a few things off about Francine...
Where's her shirt at and why is she suddenly a patriot? Still, at least her head isn't triangular.

Incidentally - holy poo poo, Freeside Open. Crashed once but otherwise it's performing nicely and just wow.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 1, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

My parents and younger sister moved from central Ohio to southwest Tennessee. It's gorgeous country down there, marred only by the fact that it's full of Tennesseeans. Those animals throw trash everywhere. Their streams and pastures and roadsides are clogged not only with regular litter like paper and plastic bags and McDonalds cups, but, like, discarded furniture, busted televisions...just all kinds of junk. It's really depressing.

They're just leaving some useful things for future post-apocalyptic generations :unsmith:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

How many clipboards with financial reports though?

Enough to make the discerning hoarder over encumbered :negative:

Also, is there anything that can be done about flickering textures? I don't think unless the rads are particularly unpleasant the mountains in the distance should be dancing, changing shape or have rocks intermittently bursting through them. Additionally since installing Freeside Open I'm noticing a really annoying flicker on the roof of the Tops as I stroll down the main drag. There's flicker in other places too and it's just annoying.

NMC's and a few item/clutter retextures are the only ones I'm using. I'm sure the effect is more pronounced than in vanilla.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Poop. I did find a Nexus forum post where some guy said he was working on adjusting the znear values in some meshes to try and mitigate the effect but nothing seems to have come of it in the end. Very annoying.

Oh well. It's not like it's the end of the world, eh?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Saw some nonsense out of the Skyrim thread about cleaning the masters, so I figured I'd do it with New Vegas. So great, I saved some kilobytes and silenced BOSS warnings but did I actually get any benefit out of that?

Also made a merged patch and only really noticed that Rotface is now gone (running Freeside Open, I bought all the 100 cap tips). Not sure if that's connected, but it was interesting to see just how many conflicts I had. It is a bit fun how spergy this whole "make your game look prettier and have more stuff" thing is getting.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Lombard Station is basically Fallout 4.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The King of Swag posted:

With expectations like these, I can't possibly disappoint! :v:

I'm really surprised everyone is excited about the magazines; I've been kinda ho-hum about them, because I couldn't think of anything more exciting than stacking them up. I figured that if anything in that post was going to raise any sort of excitement at all, it would be the added functionality to the displays.

I'm just excited about this automatic sorting malarky full stop. I'm not one for prettying up an in game home, but I'm also not one for carrying close to my weight limit all the time. The latter happens because I run out of patience running around the Lucky 38 finding cupboards to stash everything in.

I might actually be able to give hardcore mode a go if you're giving me a place to stash ammo and chems sanely.

Rope Kid's hiring you for Fallout 4, right (I mean lol Bethesda surely aren't allowed to do it)? You'll be in charge of aspects of gameplay affected by the Tidy Livin' trait.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Psion posted:

also I'm trying to rebuild a merged patch with FNVEdit and I think I'm doing it wrong. I thought there were some good step by step instructions posted earlier in this thread but I can't find them. Anyone have those around somewhere? Here or elsewhere, I don't care, I just want to do a proper merged patch now that I've changed up my mod order. Again.

As far as I know, making a merged patch is really just right clicking one of the esp files in FNVEdit, going to options at the bottom and then hitting 'Create Merged patch' and that's all the magic done, because it handles detecting all the conflicts for you. You can then BOSS your load order to put your new merged patch in the optimal place in the queue.

Anything more advanced than that and you need to use Wrye Flash or some poo poo.

Maybe doing this poo poo properly might be good content for op?

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 14, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

This is an odd one. I have Four Eyes so wearing glasses is optimal, I've been wearing a pair of shades added by a mod (I think Spice of Life) and I've just found a pair of Lucky Shades (oddly enough in a metal box in OWB, I'm finding really weird items all over the place - Dean's Tuxedo was in The Sink) and putting them on makes everything darker. With the shades my Per becomes 10 and at 2pm outside it's as dark as 5pm until I take them off. This didn't happen with the Spice of Life shades.

Also Lobotomites have nipples on their legs:

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 15, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Nope, don't have Project Nevada.

E: Seems it was Active Wasteland, thankfully that's modular so I can turn off tinting.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 15, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Kumaton posted:

Do you use More Perks? There's a Perk that gives you a chance to find unique items in containers. (I found the La Lounge Carbine in
Nelson once.) I forget it's name, but the icon is Vault Boy finding a grandfather clock in a duffel bag.

Yeah I'm using More Perks, fairly sure I didn't pick a perk that did that, though. Might have done, I guess.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Ddraig posted:

DarnUI and Jsawyer are two pretty much essential mods at this point so I don't know why people wouldn't use this.

DarnUI yes. Jsawyer not so much. I don't want Courier's Stash :(

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Ddraig posted:

Holy gently caress I'm a fool. I had no idea about the heap setting in NVSR. This is possibly the first time I've actually had a mostly performance good time playing New Vegas.

Yes, go on...

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Kumaton posted:

I just got around to downloading the FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-AWOP convergence mod and I included all (I think) the fixin's, but I think I have a problem. Whenever I see an actor with certain weapons (I've seen that it affects the .44 magnum, the 9mm SMG and the grenade launcher) the weapon appears as the infamous red exclamation point. When I kill the actor and take the gun, it appears fine (in both first and third person views). I mucked around with the files, drag-and-dropped almost everything back into the Data folder, and it's still the same. Can anyone help me or take a look at my Load Order?

EDIT: I should probably mention that I also have the Weapon Retexture Project, because I don't think that shows up in the load order.

1) Have you run BOSS?
2) Do you have a merged patch?

Probably a good place to start. Also disable Invalidation in NMM then re-enable it.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Kumaton posted:

I've run BOSS, but that just threw the mod's preferred load order out of whack. I don't even know how to start making a merged patch, but I'll look it up. I'll try Invalidation straight away.

Merged Patch is a case of firing up FNVEdit, waiting for everything to load in, right clicking a random one, going to other and clicking Create merged patch. It's not perfect but it'll fix any immediate conflict - even if this isn't the result of a conflict, you DO have conflicts in that load order whether you know it or not. It's guaranteed on anything more than like 5 mods.

Run BOSS and apply it. Maybe swap things around to meet preferred load orders if that's what they say in the documentation. BOSS is a pretty good way to avoid conflicts outside of a merged patch.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Kumaton posted:

So, any random mod? Not just focusing on the ones that I recently added and probably hosed everything up in the first place?

Yeah. It's not a contextual selection. FNVEdit dev obviously thought a menu bar was too cool. FNVEdit handles conflict detection for you - searches every mod and compiles the conflicts all by magic.

BUT if BOSS + Invalidation didn't work then I don't think a merged patch will either. You have exclamation marks because a texture is missing or isn't getting loaded. Latter part should have been fixed by invalidation.

So I dunno what the hell is going on now.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Someone should just go ahead and make a good face mod :colbert:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Have we got some screenshots of particularly bad FCO faces? I'm slightly tempted to install it again to check out how you can possibly make a guy who wear's a wolf pelt and sunglasses look more ridiculous than he already does.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Floppychop posted:

All because each and every feral ghoul and fiend I kill gives positive karma.

Sounds like you want Colour Me Evil.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Floppychop posted:

I have it installed, but it doesn't do anything in the Capital Wasteland part of TTW.

Not a huge deal after I worked it back down to neutral. I just sell some schmuck into slavery whenever I tip into good.

Getting back down to neutral was the tough part.

Ah right, I don't know how TTW handles mods - if it even does. Maybe you could install an equivalent FO3 mod? Or FNVEdit that poo poo and see if you can work with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Cleretic posted:

So I'm thinking of heading into the DLCs for the first time pretty soon with my current character (around level 14). Is there anything I should know?

Your items are confiscated from you at the start, but go to the bunker naked and with 0 weight. Try not to hoard stuff while you're there, and if you're planning on keeping any items you find there, make sure that they're low weight.

You'll thank me later.