Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I've played for about twenty hours now, and a thing has come up. I didn't feel like trawling through the previous 400-odd pages for a solution.

Some people (EDIT: black people, children and ghouls especially. I get a CTD whenever I try to remove the robes from the Bright Brotherhood people) have purple/pink bodies. I think this might be a missing texture, but how do I fix it? Here's my load-order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
More Perks.esm
Companion Core.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
RX-Auto Incremental Save.esp
BetterLoadingText.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
wpn_servicerifle_burstfire.esp
DynamiCamera.esp
Dalls_NV_Better_Faces.esp
LexFONVclothingI.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Portable Tent.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
enclaveradio.esp
conelrad 640-1240.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
Omegared99-M2081.esp
PancorJH.esp
AirForceArmorT57C.esp
Brotherhood Armor.esp
Blck_Fx NV-- Add Implants Occulaire SM style.esp
Cables Derby Hat.esp
Colossus T49.esp
Journeyman Armor.esp
LFox Invisible Armored Vests.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
1nivVSLArmors Cheat.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
Companion Module Pack.esp
Follower Home Marker.esp
Dynamic Quantity Prompt.esp
SPECIALer.esp
HighGrass.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
WEG - Wasteland Essential Gear.esp
NVBS.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
XV Enclave Armour.esp
Cables Plasma Pistol.esp
LeatherRiotArmor.esp
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
Wasteland Soldier - NV Edition.esp
LFox Infinite Companion Ammo.esp
LFox Infinite Companion Ammo Repair.esp

Total active plugins: 69
Total plugins: 99

Also, with the clothing/accessories mods, New Vegas has stopped being an RPG, and started being a Pretty Dressup Game. It's just so fun to play dollies with your squad of mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think this needs more love.

It's a tent, that you can carry with you as a backpack. You buy it from either Chet or Cliff Briscoe for 2500 caps. It's got an inventory sorter, water purifier, harvestable plants, incinerator, crafting tables, and more containers than you'll ever need.

It's my favourite home mod, since it's fairly lore-friendly, but still super-useful.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sounds awesome, nonetheless. Considering that Primm is referred to as "the other New Vegas", it makes sense thematically to make it a microcosm of the main plot.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

1. Use BOSS Auto Sort in FOMM.
2. Done.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I know. It almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The King of Swag posted:

Not to keep inundating you guys with screenshots of the same thing, but here's what the leather patches look like once they've replaced all the old flags. I've also tried to space them out in a less uniform matter than I did the flags, in an attempt to make them look just like any other necessary piece of the shelf.

In GECK:

In game:

:fap: Go on...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Freakbox posted:

The Portable Tent: Is it worth it? I was looking for more housing.

Yes! It's not the greatest house mod (we'll have to wait for the ultimate version of Lombard Station for that), but it's convenient enough to be useful. It basically makes inventory management a non-issue, since you can plop your tent down anywhere and drop off any extraneous items.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You are in for a treat, Old World Blues is delightful.

Dead Money can be cheesed fairly easily with concentrated fire or melee weapons, since the ghost people die if you chop off one of their limbs. Honest Hearts was fun, but a bit too generic. Joshua Graham was cool, and exploring religion in the Wasteland was neat, but the Obsidian maze and Cazadors made it pretty dull.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 11, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That sucks. Are you okay? Is it something you need to talk to someone about?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ah yes. The COILS of Nikola TESLA.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SpookyLizard posted:

The best mod for fallout 3 is falloutnv.esm

:vince:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Then again, inventory sorting is one of the defining features of any Gamebryo game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Ulysses companion mod is pretty cool. He's a vanilla dude whose story isn't over when the DLC ends, it makes sense to take him with you. Also he had so many things to say.

I also like the Marcus companion mod, for Fallout 2 reasons.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Don't play DEIMOS. It's an unfun slog through the same four or five rooms, punctuated with shallow fetch quests through a heavily irradiated outside area.

It's got some neat ideas (the time travel stuff is interesting) and a cool concept for a quest mod, but is otherwise too long and dull.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Seashell Salesman posted:

I've gotten better over the years at self imposing rules to make game playthroughs more fun and varied, but with RobCo Certified I always find the game gets way too easy way too fast (I think this is a general problem with followers in the game, RobCo just gives you a ton of really good followers). Does anyone have mod suggestions to rebalance the game out after Robco? I'd prefer to avoid mods that are going to add just gigantic spawns everywhere because I worry about game stability, but I'd be willing to try them. Maybe AWOP or something? Or maybe someone has tried some totally different approach to balancing RobCo?

I also use RobCo Certified a lot, and I usually try to limit myself to one combat bot (or lobotomite) and some support. Using the wrench and the jumpsuit (or Mister House's suit) makes you vulnerable enough (in my experience) to have to be wary of bullets. I generally agree with you though, the game becomes super-easy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You could always find his refID and make another one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'd say hit tilde, type tgm, and then enter.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Roobanguy posted:

Caesar's New Regime adds some new NPC's and quests to the game so if you only want cooler looking armor I can't recommend it. The guy also made an NCR mod, which doesn't add any new npcs and quests, and I like the look of it more than NCR Rearmament, which is too modern for my tastes.

That NCR mod looks bangin'. :fap:

I might have to start another playthrough of this game. I just managed to get away, too.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And I'm spitballing here, but maybe put points into combat skills?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Lombard Station is legit, but I'm holding out with Portable Tent until the overhaul is done.

Portable Tent is awesome for hoarding (and bringing your everything into DLC areas), but the problem is that you never sell anything, but just put everything in your various containers and forget about it. Then one day you open the container and go "When did I ever pick up a garden gnome?" You never need to sell poo poo, because you're never encumbered, because you can put down your house anywhere and get rid of all your random knickknacks whenever you want.

EDIT: Underground Hideout is also cool, but the feature creep got a bit much.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I tell you, if Portable Tent or The Sink had ammo and weapon displays, it'd be the best player house ever.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Where did you get that hat? :fap:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

People keep asking him that question.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This is why you start with OWB. No more poison.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If I were funnier, I'd say something about how I left my heart in Big MT.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That reminds me: is it feasible to do a genocide playthrough of New Vegas, where everyone dies by your hand? It'd be the Independent ending of course, and no factions would be able to help you during Hoover Dam. Are there enough bullets in the game to kill everybody who isn't essential?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I have my mission.

I will kill everybody in the Mojave (except Vendortron and Yes Man).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Obviously I won't kill robots; that'd be wrong.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think the main obstacle would be the lack of shops. Lombard Station would solve some of that (since you can just get rid of the tons of poo poo you pick up during a normal FNV playthrough), but money would be an issue, at least in the beginning.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It could even be a gimmick thing with the custom robot race. That'd be neat.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This is a thing I'm doing now. See ya.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Psion posted:

wait, there's a robot race where you could run around as a Securitron or a Protectron?

There's ST's Robot Race, which gives you a custom robot body who can wear clothes and stuff.

efb, as usual.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You also have all the mods.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LLCoolJD posted:

:newlol: It is the episode where they break the traditional warp limit and go "Where No One Has Gone Before." That was actually a better Wesley/Traveler episode than the dreadful "Journey's End" episode. You can Google that one if you want to learn more about it. Wesley was shown to be very gifted, and he saved the ship on more than one occasion... but it's true they never really developed him into the once-in-a-generation genius he was supposed to be. To keep this thread (somewhat) on track:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52621/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJAvHJ-N0E

The grips must be velcro.

I'm mostly upset that he's not using DarnUI and a Pip-boy alternative. Does that make me a bad guy?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

watho posted:

I'm thinking about giving the first recon beret bonus to some other headgear since it's way too good and I'm getting tired of seeing it…

The pre-War bonnet. It makes sense.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Servoret posted:

Are there any other base mods that have a weapon wall? It's the only part of Lombard Station that I like.

I tell you, if Portable Tent had weapon walls and ammo displays, it'd be the best house mod.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Seriously, just don't use Lombard Station. It's not worth it.

HERESY

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ma i married a tuna posted:

Has there been a The Road style mod? It seems like it could work well mechanically, although FO3 is probably a better setting than NV. Guns and ammo should be extremely scarce, cannibals uniquitous, and your only companion is a fragile, useless child.

On second thought, that sounds harrowing and frustrating. Maybe it should just be a random encounter: a haggard dude who takes two potshots at you with a lovely gun, and when you inevitably shoot him, you discover all he was trying to do is keep his son from getting eaten. And since it's fallout, you would have the option to eat his son.

The Wasteland doesn't get much Wilder than this!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

oneof27 posted:

I can't say why, but something about the onset of Autumn gave me this deep down desire to dust this game off and start a new playthrough. I thought I was done with this game.

I feel the same way about Skyrim in February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Holy poo poo look at that load order :stare:

I'm not sure you have enough mods yet.