Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm playing through New Vegas for the first time, and I liked Dead Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I only played Old World Blues and Dead Money so far, and while OWB was the better of thw two, I liked both a lot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I last played Dead Money as a melee guy and it was a freaking massacre. Good times

I was melee so that definitely helped.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Any mod to play Kenshiro in any of the Fallout games?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dbzfandiego posted:

There is a Fist of the North Star mod for New Vegas
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44755/

Beyond that im not sure if there is any big muscle man body replacers or a Kung Fu family melodrama quest mods.

Thanks! Gonna install that for sure.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The FIst of the North Star mod is too old and doesn't work. :negative:

Rinkles posted:

The person behind JAM (the mod compilation that adds sprint, waypoints, etc.) released an NVSE UI plugin today that adds support for displaying inventory icons next to their names. Also fixes a sorting bug.

yUI - User Ynterface (the plugin)
ySI - Sorting Ycons

Compatible with VUI+ and Darn.

Looks cool. Honestly the inventory and UI is the worst part of the game imho.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My setup for new vegas uses the old FOMM stuff. How hard is it to swap all that?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9ml3_A5Tc

So another Frontier?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dongicus posted:

if u wanted to give me a sex pervert av u should have went the extra mile and added like 3 cspam gangtags to complete the look. s m h. real INT 1/10 hours

Hmm, how Epstein-brained are you? Are you the one who talks about MKULTRA and Operation Phoenix at family dinner? There's a minimum crank level needed for CSPAM.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Someone needs to make mod with accurate Lake Mead water: there is now more water in New Vegas than in real life.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Isn't that just the DUST mod where Lake Mead has been completely drained and the Courier is a psychotic ghoul living in a booby trapped cave?

We're getting there!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I did the whole thing to install Viva New Vegas and now everything looks super fuzzy. Any idea how to fix that?

It also seems to turn on Hardcore Mode automatically, not sure how I feel about that. My old non-Hardcore save now has Thirst/Hunger/Sleep bars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Unless something has recently drastically changed, Viva New Vegas certainly isn't meant to default to hardcore mode. I assume you've also tested with a new save? Because you should absolutely be using VNV with a new game. Did you make absolutely sure to start with a fresh, clean install of the game without any old leftovers in the game installation folder or in the FalloutNV folder in Documents/My Games? I have to assume you did not, as you still have access to your old saves. Is the game installed in a Program Files folder?

Starting a new game doesn't have the weird blur, and I think it's one of the UI mod that adds the Hardcore Mod UI even if the game isn't necessarily in Hardcore mode.

I really should start a new game, huh? Sad I was pretty far in with this one.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Which UI mod does vnv use. There should be an option in mcm to turn them off

There is, that's how I found out it was the mod adding them.

I think you still see the bars in the pip boy even when they're turned off though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Arivia posted:

yeah my guess is that you just kind of went ahead and slammed on the stuff from the overhauls section of VNV without understanding what it would do or something

idk, i didn't find survival to be very painful an addition on my jsue first-time run of new vegas with some tweaks so veronica didn't permadie and stuff.

Lol you're right that's exactly it. I didn't want to mess up so I didn't deviate at all from the instructions.

Wonder if I shoudl just turn those off.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Which forum would each FNV character post in?

Veronica: Debate and Discussion

Why are you so mean to Veronica, no one deserves this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Caesar, now that's a purestrain dnd poster.

Also Traditional Games, he loves his army games.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I tried starting a new game as Kenshiro and it seems like the Viva New Vegas mods skip the screen where you can change display options so unless I play modless I'm stuck with a lovely stretched mess.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You can have Mod Organizer start from the launcher and change your display options from there.

Where's that option?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Thanks that fixed it!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

One day I'll actually finish the game instead of starting new characters.

My first character I couldn't finish because of upgrading to Viva New Vegas (I had different mods before).
Since then I got a bunch of weird builds I never took to the end.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Is there a good mod to play as a Ghoul?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Chamale posted:

Ghoulified is the most popular.

Thanks! I'll look into how to add it to Viva New Vegas. I'm a ttrpg fallout campaign and want to find a way to play my ghoul sniper in New Vegas.

Proletarian Mango posted:

After downloading that make sure to grab the cleaned .esp file from here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65959

And this mod adds additional voice lines that reflect the player being a ghoul:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65176

Using new voice actors or modifying old voices?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Of course Discendo Vox, the poster who ran a Media Literacy thread despite having zero critical reading skills, likes The Frontier.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Honestly I never really got intot rying mods until recently so following a guide helps me. I had a hard time installing viva new vegas so now I don't want to undo it and start all over again lol.

Was there an attempt at a fan remake of Fallout 1/2 in the newer engines?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Any good mods for Fallout 3? Since I'm not using Tale of Two Wastelands...

Edit: I have been thinking of trying the "pure" jsawyer, as ropekid intended, but once again it would involved undoing viva new vegas and that was a pain to setup in the first place.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

LashLightning posted:

You should be able to set up a number of different modded versions in MO2, or perhaps using GOG's version of NV will allow you to get around that in a different manner. Having two copies of NV installed on your computer may seem silly, but if that's the only way to get it to work...

Oh I hadn't thought about that...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nobody Interesting posted:

Don't even need different installations, MO2 has a "profiles" concept. You click a button and boom new set of mods.

This is because it doesn't install anything into FNV's folder, but uses a run-time virtual filesystem. :eng101:

So I could in theory have JSawyer on one profile and Viva New Vegas on the other...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'd been using MO2 so I have set-up JSawyer in a seperate profile from Viva New Vegas.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It doesn't work lol.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So anyone has a modset to make JSawyer not crash on starting a new game?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah I got everything, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the VNV set up.

Edit: Also Tale of Two Wastelands doesn't work because the launcher file didn't appear in the drop-down. :shrug:

Edit: Fixed it by nuking mod manager and reinstalling everything from scratch.

Edit Edit Edit: No hair.pparently this is due to current AMD drivers? Fuckin hell...

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 22, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

EricFate posted:

Yeah. The no hair thing threw me too when I did my most recent reinstall. I had to use D3D9_Generator-50470-3-0a to make a fake DX9 dll to trick the hair back into existance.

Link?

Edit: Found it by just reading what you posted correctly lol.

Time to replay this game again while listening to Desert Oracle Radio. I wonder if Joshua Tree National park is in the game.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 23, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I wish the fist of the north star mod worked.

Kenshiro vs Lanius.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm finding myself being a lot more careful in my first JSawyer playthrough. I can actually die!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nobody Interesting posted:

I dunno what would have gone wrong, but I tried this. I have two profiles: Blue Moon, and VNV. I set up Blue Moon first. I also have both per-profile options selected: save games and INI

I created VNV as a copy of Blue Moon and was extremely annoyed to see all the mods are listed! I would have hoped it would be a blank modlist, but nope. So I disabled every mod, and then reordered the list to match VNV before adding the bits VNV adds.

It's now possible for me to swap between Blue Moon and VNV seamlessly. It's messy because all the disabled mods are still listed, but it works. I also noticed one or two mods had to be reinstalled as per VNV's instructions.

Nice.

I'm having fun with just JSawyer plus bugfixes though so I'll stay with it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I wonde rhow hard it would be to make a mod that just adds a podcast as a radio station.

In this case being the podcast Desert Oracle Radio.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Anyone play the Salt Lake Stories mod? Random youtube recommendations showed me a video of someone liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm still waiting for mods to play as Kenshiro or Ichiban.