Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Naky posted:

Lookin' pretty sexy there.

In other news, Nexus has finally locked Shrapnel out for what I can only assume is the commercial assets sitting in his mod for years now. Only took them a few years between his FO3 release 'til now, but maybe Nexus is trying to be less hypocritical these days too and are starting to come down on their popular modders/mods more now.

As someone who hasn't followed Fallout modding too closely until now, what was he ripping off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've been looking for a mod that slows down the rate at which you level, there are a few I've found on the nexus but they're pretty ambiguous on how they interact with the DLC, can anyone make any recommendations?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Probably because he's like me, and hates that fact that he can go into a DLC like OWB at level 10 and walk out at level 26.

That's exactly it, I just got my current character to level 12, playing on hardcore again on hard, and it's been a welcome change of pace so far. I'm just about to start on the DLCs but want to delay the transition to godhood for as long as possible.

Thanks for the recommendations though, I'll try it out.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Rinkles posted:

rope kid's mod also significantly decreases XP gained (by 50%?). I'm finding it's a considerably better balanced, though still not particularly challenging, experience than before.

I tried rope kids mod for a little while but I just couldn't get on with the reduced carry weight, especially once I downloaded one of the hideouts that has weapon racks on the wall. Gotta catch em all!

Edit: Just finished reading through the feature list for Project Nevada and I installed the whole drat thing. Sounds awesome!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 28, 2012

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've installed the Weapon Animation Replacer, everything seems to be working correctly, 1st and 3rd person idle animations appear exactly as they should. However, when I aim with a pistol it defaults to the two handed grip, but I see in the user submitted images that people have a one handed grip with pistols. I'm probably missing something very simple but I can't see what it is, any ideas?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Helicity posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows of an alternate download for Smiley Top's Robot Race from the OP? Went to start a robot/energy weapons playthrough today and the mod author hid his files so you can't download them.

Seems to be working, a lot of the time when the site tells you that a file is hidden and this is totally not an error, yeah, it's an error.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 3, 2012

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Naky posted:

There are different stances and grips you can choose. If you use the FOMOD installer for it, you can see what each one is.

Yeah, I had that working before, just not the one handed aiming, tried it with the installer and now the aiming is working but some parts of weapons from the Armory are missing. I'll just go back to how I had it kinda working before I guess!

Edit: Hmm, went back to what I had before and some parts of guns are still missing in third person, I can't be bothered right now, I'll deal with it later.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 4, 2012

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So I think one of the mods I have installed has broken hacking, now there is only one option on any hacking screen, which is the correct password. I've gone back and tried the game with the last few mods I installed deactivated, but so far the problem is persisting. I don't know why this is bothering me so much but does anyone have any suggestions on how to identify what's causing it?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

fentan posted:

Post your load order. Or go into FNVEdit and see if any of your mods are changing Game Setting>iHackingMinWords or iHackingMaxWords.

Thanks for the FNVEdit suggestion, looks like Nevada Skies has altered that value to 1, god knows why.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

the idea was more that it was a revolver that held energy caplets more than anything. but in the end it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense that way. on that train of thought, I took the time to draw over the render and get a better idea in mind based on what everyone said.

now it's just straight up energy weapon. there's more damaged parts and panels taken off for maintenance, moved the cylinder to face straight back, and had the handle is a replacement for what might have originally been there. also standard microfusion cell instead of trying to have the weird revolver ammo set up.

that a bit better?

This looks completely awesome! Please make it an actual laser six-shooter. :)

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Make it an optional weapon mod and everyone's happy! :)

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I've started off clean with pretty much just the JSawyer mod, and I'm wondering does Jsawyer add any of the GRA weapons to loot lists (so like you can find Battle Rifles on raiders and in stuff for example) or will I still need a mod for that?

I don't know if jsawyer does but Right To Bear Arms by Puce Moose does, and it also hides the uniques in devious locations should you choose to go looking for them.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I've found that this doesn't play super well with other mods that edit inventories for NPCs, even if you make a merged patch (or maybe especially if you make a merged patch). I ended up manually editing a bunch of stuff in my merged patch to revert some of the changes Puce Moose made because otherwise every Freeside thug had like 14 weapons.

Ah, so that's what was causing that. Seems like this isn't the first time I've heard of Puce Mooses mods having a little too much sprawl.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

this is highly creepy but thank you and glad you like it

still needs lots of stuff and dreading the point where I get to UVmapping and lowpoly and argh.

Counting down to my Sparks Nevada gimmick playthrough. :)

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

Most of the modelling is done except for detailing the open casing on the barrel and adding something (not sure what) to the inside of the ammo chamber. Not sure what to expect on the next steps, really.

Come to think of it, this thing doesn't really have a name. Any suggestions?

Looks awesome! I don't know if it's the right size but maybe just jam an entire ECP or MFC in there? As for a name, what about Laser-Scoped Auto Six-Shooter, or LSASS?

Edit: Maybe Laser Single Action Six Shooter? Don't know if you have it double or single action or even if those terms apply. :)

Davoren fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 27, 2012

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This is the first time I've looked up CCO and drat does it sound impressive, thanks for your hard work! I'm finally going to man up, forget collecting all my pokemon guns and play with this and jsawyer. :)

Davoren fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 28, 2013

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I haven't played New Vegas in a while, so I thought it was as good a time as any to delete everything and start over! I've just gotten into using Mod Organizer for Skyrim though, and I was wondering if there was a way to make it play nice with Fallout, seeing as how the file structures for mods are pretty similar.

Edit: Ah I see, don't know if you can manage both programs from one instance of the program, but setting up another folder just for FNV works.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 2, 2013

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I thought I'd grab the geck to have a play around with some stuff, but the darn thing is crashing as soon as it starts up. The prevailing piece of advice I can get from google is to move the new vegas directory out of program files, but that didn't help any. Anyone have any advice?

Davoren fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 6, 2013

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Raygereio posted:

If you're using ENB, try removing it temporarily.

That did the trick, thanks!

Now I've moved back to playing, and I'm having another problem. How do you change the fov and get it to stick? I've tried the configator, I've tried editing the fov in the ini files and adding the worldfov line, I've tried using the console in game and the save ini command, but every time I relaunch it's back to 75. There has to be something I'm missing right?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

There's always good ol' Vendortron!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

TescoBag posted:

Where did you get that helmet? :D

I think that's the surplus helmet from Low Profile Armor Mod.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm trying to install Mod Config Menu alongside DarnUI, but it seems like no matter what order I install them in, or what priority I give them over each other in the load order, I get this error message when pressing esc for the first time:

Dismissing this takes me to the regular pause menu with no mod menu visible. Anybody encountered this before and got any ideas?
I already have the redistributable it's talking about.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Alternatively, I totally did this already. :)

Do you have NVSE installed (you need it)? Is your New Vegas install under Program Files (it shouldn't be)?

NVSE yes, program files... also yes. :( It's where I have Steam installed, is there an easy way to move all that junk?

Edit: Ah Steam has a guide! Here goes... Thanks for your help!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 4, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

EDIT: Steam's guide is better. But make sure you move SteamApps folders on other drives out of place too. Losing hundreds of gigs of installs, and therefore ISP monthly download bucket, sucks out loud. If it complains that new libraries have to be empty, start installing one game on the secondary drive, exit Steam, then delete that new game and move the old SteamApps folder back. There's gotta be a better way, guys.

But yes, Windows hasn't been a fan of things saving to their own directory - at least in Program Files - since at least Vista. I can't really argue with it because it actually is best practice, but it makes for tons of funstration when half the computing industry* doesn't care.

This is an object lesson in why games you are adding mods to, or that save into their own directory, or really at all belong in something like C:\Games (in this case C:\Games\Steam) instead of C:\Program Files, and I have no goddamn clue why, knowing what Valve knows, Steam still defaults to it when a lot of not-Steam PC games don't, and why Ninite adopts that particular brain-dead default when they already go out of their way to quash adware and malware riders.

*The ratio's actually WORSE among not-games. So much worse. It's just that 90% of users only encounter it in games.

Crazy! this is actually the first I've heard about program files screwing with a game, but it's definitely something I'll pay more attention to in future.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, I thought for sure something had bugged out in that feral ghoul bunker mission until the boss spawned in. Didn't help that I was doing an 'only what I find' run in regards to meds and stuff so I didn't have many antirads. :downs:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I really wanted to use spice of life but even though I picked a clothed version I got to Zion and Follows-Chalk had his junk all hanging out, so I said goodbye to it. :(

Edit: I've been generally dissatisifed with the variety of non-tactilol armor mods out there, especially cowboy themed stuff. I'm thinking of figuring out nifskope so I can do something about that.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 12, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Zeta is kind of a slog but the Pitt is pretty cool.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, the only reason to do Zeta is for the loot.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Mr E posted:

That's odd, I haven't had any problems with junk hanging out with the underwear options on both body replacers.

I decided to go back and give it another try, and I think I know what the problem is. Using the underwear option means naked bodies will be all covered up, but any dudes in skirts like legionaries or tribals will have their junk underneath, which can cause it to be visible when they're a corpse or if they're sneaking. That's with Roberts anyway, I'll give Breeze a try and see if it's any better.

Edit: Okay in breeze they keep things under wraps!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 22, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Crimson Harvest posted:

Well I'm starting up the install for TTW. Is there a more readable repository for TTW-safe mods than the forum on their site? If not, does anyone have (a link to) a choice few you'd feel are important to have?

You might have some luck searcing 'TTW' on the nexus.

Edit: You've just made me realise I don't have any TTW friendly Fallout 3 mods installed, I've just been making do with the odd weapon or whatever that bleeds through from New Vegas, gonna have to fix that!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 23, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Lombard Station is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. New characters never have any ammo and are always overburdened because I gotta fill those shelves.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Servoret posted:

Are there any other base mods that have a weapon wall? It's the only part of Lombard Station that I like.

Underground Hideout is the only other one I know of that sticks out. UH is much larger and has display spots for everything, food, meds, weapons, you name it. It's pretty cool, but I prefer Lombard's more efficient size, and I prefer the quest-related adornments in Lombard to those in UH.

Although Underground Hideout does have the very cool function of you being able to move the access hatch to wherever you want.

Out of curiosity what are the parts of Lombard that you don't like? It's not much more than a couple of rooms, some crafting stations and a weapon wall.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

tonberrykng posted:

I prefer the simplicity of Lombard Station too, but several people now are encountering a potentially game-breaking bug. It's not just an isolated incident.

Would someone with more modding knowledge take a look at it?

Yeah, but we already know someone is working on updating and improving Lombard, so I guess we're just waiting to see how that turns out rather than jumping on it ourselves.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Does anyone know if there's a mod or a console command or something to unlock .45 weapons and ammo without having to go through Honest Hearts? As much as I love it I don't always want to play through the whole thing just to get that ammo.

Edit: and of course as soon as I post I find one.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 25, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I forgot who it was that was working on that Lombard Station expansion, has there been any more word on that?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm using TTW in Mod Organizer, it's been a long time since I actually installed it but I'll help if I can.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Chris Christie posted:

OKAY. I want to try and install a Tale of Two Wastelands.

I went into my New Vegas instance of Mod Manager and deleted some mods that were listed as incompatible with TTW.

I'm currently installing TTW.

I'm a little confused about how I use Fallout 3 Mods - will TTW pick up any mods I had installed for FO3 in my F03 instance of Mod Manager, or do I now install all Fallout 3 mods through the Fallout New Vegas instance of Mod Manager, and only Fallout 3 mods that have been converted???

Also, if the answer is the latter, how hard is it to convert Fallout 3 mods? Specifically ones that add NPCs to the Capital Wasteland. I was using NPCs Travel, Wasteland Travellers, Crowded Cities, and Brotherhood Patrols.

EDIT: Welp, so much for that. An error occurs when trying to install TTW in Mod Organizer, and I really don't want to re-do everything from scratch in another Mod Organizing program. Oh well.

I just reinstalled TTW because I noticed a couple of new versions came out since I did it before, here's how I did it.

Download and extract the ttw archive somewhere, doesn't matter where.
Run the installer, point it at your fallout 3 and new vegas installions, and have it install to C:/TTW.
When prompted, have it create fomods, put these wherever you keep your downloaded mods, I use the NMM folder.
In MO, click the 'install new mod from archive' button in the top left, and select the Main Files fomod.
Here, it will look like the installer is hanging, it just takes a long-rear end time to add a fomod this size, so just wait until it completes.
Now add the Optional Files fomod, it might not show the descriptions for what each option does, but there are readmes in wherever you extracted the archive initially, taleoftwowastelands2.7.3\TTW Installer\resources\TTW Data\TTW Files\Optional Files.
Done! Depending on which options you want installed, you may have to download the hotfix esps from the TTW site and use those instead of installing them from the fomod.

If you're getting any other errors let me know and we'll see what we can figure out.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 14, 2015

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SpookyLizard posted:

uninstall fco

I was seduced by the screenshots on the mod page, but as my characters never seem to have the detail of the ones in those images and I'm getting annoyed with all the problems of FCO using mostly non-standard races, can anyone recommend a good alternative?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Someone suggested switching to Hall of Face instead of FCO not long ago. We're very happy together.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

I finally finished the two guns I made awhile back. someone was asking about them so I decided to make a sound and some banner images and viola!

B!G Iron and X5500

Oh sweet, I think I vaguely remember you asking for name suggestions for the B!G iron, I wondered what happened to it.