Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Over the past month or so, I've been listening to HS clips on n YouTube every single day while working. I can't believe how little I knew of the show, and how much I've got to know since starting. I didn't know about the Ash Wednesday clip, so I'll be checking it out tomorrow, but does anyone have any essential clips I should check out? I've already heard the following:

- narcissism test
- newlywed game (oh my god, vinaigrette...)
- artie quits / gets weighed / Crystal Clear
- Jay Mohr/Dice-Clay/O&A feud
- pretty much all the quizzes, gameshows, hollyweird squares episodes.
- various multi-part disturbed caller clips
- quite a few 2013 celeb interviews

It's so strange... I've listened to SO much, and yet obviously haven't even scratched the surface of the show's almost 30-year-long run. I never want it to stop, but I know it will.

Also, I have a HUGE appreciation for Jim Breuer now, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks guys! I listened to the Ash Wednesday / Pig / Dirty cop stories, and Sal's apology. Loved them all, looking forward to hearing all the rest of the stuff you suggested.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Speaking of Sal's idiocy, I was flipping channels last night and stumbled across that awful "long island psychic" lady. I can't imagine buying into her bullshit for even one second, and she's got Sal hook, line and sinker.

Are there clips of this?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just listened to Howard go on about how much he didn't want to go to Richard's wedding :smith:

It's the least he could do to make him happy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'll have to check out the ETM clips, I haven't listened to any of them, nor have I hit on any Beetlejuice stuff. I don't know why, it's like I'm saving them for later.

Meanwhile, Tradio... holy poo poo. This is wonderful.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

(Read this with the voice of Artie mocking the 'Fabulous Life Of' guy)

While Eric the Midget flies around the country hobnobbing with celebrities such as Jimmy Kimmel and having sex with $5,000/night prostitutes, JD Harmeyer takes a 4 hour subway ride to work every morning where he was a victim to a vicious assault and robbery. All for less than twenty GRAAAAAAAAAAND per year

What the hell? JD was assaulted? Also, 4 hours?! :psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, did I read correctly that the HSS is only on once or twice a week with new episodes and the rest are reruns? What the hell?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is there a clip explaining the Lisa G takes shits at work thing?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, after listening to the criminal profiler, Ronnie should be fired (well, for other reasons too).

:stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeORY5nIb24

My god :psyduck:

Edit: wait, Where's the follow up?

Edit 2: ok, I need to see Siobhan's mangina.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 15, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I was just remembering the time where she sat on High Pitch Mike's face and he won a big screen TV. Then he got mad at Steve Langford because he wanted to go into his apartment to find out why he never took the TV out of the box.

That's what made me curious about the mangina.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Being a new listener, I'd love some YouTube links that display evidence that Benjy isn't a total idiot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, the main thing I can't stand about Ronnie is that when he's getting called out, more than anyone else, he immediately goes into 'Yeah, ok. I'm an idiot. You're absolutely right. Of course.'

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If there's one thing funnier than the Mike Walker fart, it's the No Gravity prank call using Mike Walker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

"Uhhh.. well.. Ok-..."

"(bradalabradalabrap)*

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Hands Colon posted:

LET'S SEE WHO'S CALLING.

I loving love that call.

I can't tell what's better, that or the constant weather questions Richard bombarded that guy with.

"You're on the air."
"... and the barometric pressure..."(click)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

I really do pity the poor SOBs who host these shows that get tormented endlessly by Richard and Sal. They could probably drive someone to suicide.

Listening to Jonah Falcon's bits, he sounds like he deserves the ridicule.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Falcon's just so loving bad with his come-backs, if you can call them that. He just wants SO much to be wittier than the prank callers. That's my favourite part. And whatever Richard calls in for. You can't have Richard without Sal, but when it comes to phony phone calls, you can't beat 'Rusty'.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Nobody ever thinks Ethel is a woman. :allears:

But she loooooooooves playing chess with her graaaaaaaandsooooon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

LOL! I remember when we renamed them that... poo poo that was at least 5 years ago, eh?

What's this now? I wanna be in on it :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tim Burtons Rug posted:

Douche Chills = Lange Quivers

Gotcha.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYwjRkSids

My god, this is what I'm doing today. And it's only part 1!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, Gary can't take a joke. :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Which of the identical jew broads is Howard's daughter?

I thought the point of it was that they were both her? And man, does she look like Howard, in a good way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't get it :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I need to hear this story, and how Artie tells it.

It's been an amazing and sometimes weird experience getting to know almost everything about the show in the past couple months. The weirdest part is how I don't pay any attention to the order of clips I look up, yet consistently find sequential or almost sequential clips. I heard the "mac hine" bit, and then a few hours later, I'll randomly find another clip that references it like it was the day before. Same goes for "traction". And I'm not even going by "related videos" but through entirely different Stern clip searches.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 12, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

George Carlin is one of the greatest stand-ups of all time and I don't think I've ever heard a funny interview with the guy. It's weird how that stuff works.

He was one of the few comedians who didn't do bits off-stage. At least I never heard any.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, I hated the audio version of Brain Droppings.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I can't remember who Howard was talking to, someone from the Wack Pack (Pete? Not Medicated Pete, but another angry, Hanzi-like Pete), but Howard said to him 'If you're going to do something, be the best at it'. I've heard that before, but for some reason, listening to him tell the story of him being a dishwasher (and listening to it again during a Hanzi compilation as I type this) really stuck with me, and it won't leave my head. It's really great loving advice, as simple as it is. Now when I do things, I'm constantly thinking 'I have to be the best at this' and I've started to notice that it's making things better.

Thanks Howard :unsmith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just watched American Splendor, and I kept trying to remember something I knew about the film, something that I had heard about someone's sex scene.

Then it hit me... Toby tried out for the Wack Pack and told a story about being in a film, I think aside from Splendor. The HSS contest was either the one with Bigfoot or the one where Bigfoot judged, it is.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think I've pretty much heard everything regarding Hanzi, and while I haven't heard everything ETM-related, I cannot see him being worse than that conspiracy-loving douche.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So during one of the million and a half HSS clips on youtube, I heard Howard mention that they were going to do a whole bit about the origin of a lot of Fred's audio clips. I know there was one of these bits from like... 1998, but this was a more recent episode, possible on Sirius. Does anyone have a link to this, youtube or otherwise? I really want to hear that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

I don't have a link to the audio but the special was called "Power of The Drops":

http://www.howardstern.com/news/power-of-the-drops-special-w-fred-norris

Thanks for the name, I actually found it on Soundcloud (I think... I just started listening).

https://soundcloud.com/howardstern/7-08-13-the-power-of-drops

EDIT: gently caress, nevermind... I'm an idiot, this is like .... 4 minutes long.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That's actually the one I said I heard, I thought it was from 1998. Thanks, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is it just me, or does Benjy seem 'off'? Every single other person on the show, staff, wack-packer, guest... they all make sense to me, even if they're nuts. With Benjy, he's there a lot, he rarely speaks, and then when he does, it's like he waits between words or something, and what he says just seems like his mind is somewhere else.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

He's probably doing it on purpose for attention.

That's so much worse.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, I'm watching/listening to the Jesus Twins episode. Holy poo poo. What the gently caress is up with these guys?

After checking out their website, I'm doubting their existence.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, these Todd Packer sound packs. Amazing. Pretty much listening to all of 'Win Fred's Money'.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I seriously listen to at least some of the prank calls every Monday during work. Talking Yankees and "I am founder of No Gravity band" are loving platinum. I can't think of a better word than that. Well, maybe scrumtrillescent.

Can I tell you my favourite Matt Dillon story real briefly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aside from the weather abuse, my second favourite thing about the Jonah Falcon show is his constant horrible attempt at trying to one-up them to sound like he's witty.

Like when Sal said the thing about blowing his dad at the game, and he's just all 'yeah... well.. I... I bet you loved that a lot.' :thumbsup: