Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I started listening in probably 1997, during Scott the Engineer's push-up contest. I was a heavy smoker in my early 20s at the time and listening to everyone constantly berate Scott about his pathetic addiction was one of the things that motivated me to quit. I didn't want to be a loser like SCAAAAAAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Even his nose is too fat to fish

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Wang

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

I'm going to start an email campaign.

"The best of Richard and his dad/parents".

The interview that howard did with Richard's parents, and all the phone messages, and discussions around the phone messages. Plus Maybe some Richard in there talking about memories of the farm/roadkill cooking or whatever.

RIP Calfy

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

wang

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Jesus Artie you look like a pug

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I mean how do you even do a proper line of coke with that nose situation?

Same way he did it inside the pig prosthetic.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

pray 4 artie

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Sometimes I like to do an impression of Artie doing an impression of High Pitch Eric pretending to be Kelly Clarkson.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4mChUKRG4
This is the best Shuli story

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Richard has to shower every day for a year now.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

In 1999 Giuliani tried to get the Brooklyn Museum closed down because of an exhibit which had one piece that offended his delicate religious sensibilities.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/arts/092499brooklyn-museum.html?mcubz=3

Rudy Giuliani posted:

“Anything that I can do isn't art," he said. "If I can do it, it's not art, because I'm not much of an artist. And I could figure out how to put this together. You know, if you want to throw dung at something, I could figure out how to do that."

He sucked then, he sucks now.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Came here to say I was at the zoo with the family the other day and they have a new baby gorilla. I was tempted to say (in a Don Rickles voice) "So there you are, tubby. Look like a bucket of lard on a bad day. You baby gorilla”

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I always love it when Fred is mostly quiet during a bit but then suddenly something gets to him and he lets out a short evil laugh like “MUAHHAHA!”

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I am Dr. Remulak

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

One of the best things about the darth nihilus clip is iirc in the full clip that nerd wasn't taking any poo poo lmao

He handled himself well against the scornful malevolence of Gary Garver

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

It’s literally a phobia.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Former Human posted:

Remember when John claimed he found maggots in his orange juice and was going to sue Tropicana?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAV78Scutog

gently caress I love this bit
:barf:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Yeah but Richard has the gock

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Mghaydghay! Mghaydghay!
I’m on fiyah! I repeat!
I’m on fiyah!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Sal and Richard will finally get to release that CD of extra special secret prank calls they got screamed at by Howard for drunkenly blabbing about at some live event.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I think the Princess Diana stuff was happening right around when I first started listening to the show. IIRC a big part of the relentless goofing started when Elton John rewrote Candle in the Wind with new lyrics about Diana and it shot up to #1. Howard saw that as a lazy cash-in so he recorded his own completely tasteless Diana song to the tune of She Loves You by the Beatles. The angry calls started coming in and Howard was like “what’s the big deal, if Elton John can do it, why can’t I?”

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Nothing will ever beat Crackhead Bob, Elephant Boy, and Beetlejuice doing Twelve Days of Christmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSjuZAAOGqs

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

“The gun shot Fluffy’s rear end in a top hat off” call sounded like it almost got a laugh out of the swap shop guy. :)

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Artie, whose idea of good music is the most basic white boomer rock imaginable.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I’m pretty sure he once said something along the lines of “I’m not a pussy okay, I listen to The Who”

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I did the classic “had to pull over and stop on the side of the road on the way to work because I was dying of laughter” when KC was chasing a terrified and nearly nude High Pitch Erik around the studio with a dead fish like a middle school bully.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I always felt that although goofing on Scott and his black cloud made great radio, Howard’s viscousness toward the guy was often uncomfortably real. He really got off belittling Scott and seemed to genuinely hate him just for existing.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Maybe I'm mistaken, maybe I don't fully understand the depths of Howard's viciousness toward Scott over the years, but it seems like Sal sort of replaced Scott as the resident pin cushion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the big difference is Sal worships Howard and seeks out his abuse. Scott was just a shlubby downtrodden guy who was an easy target for Howard to bully on the air.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Tim poo poo on the light switch lol

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I didn’t watch the game but I checked this thread first to find out who won.

Sorry Richard :smith:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

the ultimate Richard Christy joint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz2N619cwMI

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I have a hard time not pronouncing banana like “bayanna” it is.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Let’s keep it real because I’m keeping it real.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Eric the ACK ACK tor

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

ballewn knot

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

rear end treeks

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Snark posted:

The fact that he said he was embarrassed that guests come in and see pictures of Jeff the Drunk says everything about where he is now.

WhHAt’s wRonG WiTh my picTure, BITCH?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I had a baba booey dream last night lol. For some reason we worked in the same office and I walk by his desk and say Heyyy Baba Booey! He gets pissed off at being called that by me so I say come on Gary, I’m the only one around here who doesn’t call you Baba Booey. I was staring at his big teeth and suddenly realized my own front tooth was about to fall out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I dunno, Trump was basically what Dice as President would look like but with nursery rhymes. Kinison could get the GOP nomination with his “execute the homeless” bit alone.