Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
What happened to Nick DiPaolo? He looks like Gay Uncle Dracula...or Sal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I started listening to the show after the move to Sirius (summer of 2006 I believe) and stopped listening a few months after Artie left. Not just because of Artie's much felt absence but for the constant 'I've been asked to be on Idol' talk that just seemed to be on a constant Auto Pilot repeat. This was how a day in 2010 went...

"It's been mentioned on some website that they want me to replace Simon on American Idol. And i'd do it to, pay me a couple of million dollars to judge a loving talent contest. I invented American Idol back in the eighties, you remember Robin? I won the Dwight Schultz award for it. But yeah they give Ellen Degeneres who doesn't have an opinion millions of dollars to tell people she loves them"

This was usually followed by how Coca Cola or Doritos were bad companies "They sell people sugar water for gods sake". Rinse, repeat, constantly... I'd bet any money this is the same kind of thing that's gonna happen on Monday, just replace Idol with Talent.

After I think three months I couldn't take it anymore and I stopped listening. Haven't heard a full show since, I've only been checking this forum and SFN for Artie news/Some lingering word of the show returning to its former glory. But with Artie on a new show that I have zero interest in (I love the guy but I'm a Brit so an American sports show is unlistenable to me) and Howard clearly not giving a gently caress it looks like my love for the show is at an end.

Wow this is cathartic, as long as there are places where people like me can bitch about the show online then I suppose my love for it wont truly die!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I did give one episode a listen and it seemed like the majority of it was sports talk. This coupled with Nick DiPaulo being a real annoying/unfunny guy is what kills it for me, the Baby Gorilla alone isn't enough to keep me through the bad stuff. Maybe I'd enjoy some kind of No Sports/No Nick fan edit...

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Looks like someone just heard the news brief too! How did JD get to be part of the show? I've only been listening since Sirius.

If i remember the story they told on air, JD was an intern originally who was good at coming in on crazy hours to record tv shows. When the position became available both he and a hot chick intern applied...and the chick got it.

At some point after the chick went into the green room while 50 Cent was there and tried to sell her boyfriends "Beats" on disc to him. Ronnie had to drag her out cos she wouldn't leave and she was fired that day. So JD moved up a slot and the rest is history.

Artie - "While JD Harmeyer lives in an abandoned Mole Hill, Howard Stern spends 80 graaannnddd on hiring illegal immigrants to pick his nose"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

You Cun Acht Like a Man!

or

I'd love it if my son was gay, he could bring his boyfriend around for thanksgiving. They'd be holding hands in the dining room and I'd be in the kitchen with my head in the oven.

or

You know what else is a funny movie, the Shaggy D.A

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Any theories on what George wanted cut out of the replay of that conversation? I always assumed it was something to do with his brother who hasn't spoken to him since he came out

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Artie can cure Robin's (possible) Cancer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3L6qBbfsBM

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Is the show on vacation? First Henry Hill and now Rodney King.

"GIV RODNEY A CHANCE!"

"Alrite Rodney am gonna ask ye a ketchen, if ya answer it rite ye can get yer diploma and ye can gadjate, what am two plus two"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

MY SON CAME HOME FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND SAID "DAD I GOT NO ONE TO GO TO THE PROM WITH COS ALL THE GIRLS IN MY CLASS ARE GAY, BUT TWO OF THEM STRAIGHT BUT BOTH OF THEM UGLY"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I WAS MADE FOR LOVING STEVE LANGFORD...

OOOOooooooOOOooooo

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Richard Christy definitely ain't British.

Pumpkin Tea is my faaaavvvvvvvooouurrritteee!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I was wondering if anyone here knew the origin of the sound clip used in one of the phony phone calls, where it repeatedly says 'My name is Cheryl, I believe I am your daughter' and 'Where's Momma!'. It kind of sounds like Richard Simmons but I don't know the context, did he do an audio book or something?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I was watching some old clips on Youtube and there was one i had never seen before (nor have ever heard referenced) where they had a tasteless Halloween costume contest, and Sal (before he was working for the show) came down dressed as 'Beth the Gold Digger'. He's wearing a white belly shirt 'Gold Digging Beth' and a load of dollar signs, wearing a blonde wig and carrying a gold plated shovel. This is easily the funniest thing he's ever done! I'm shocked no one has ever mentioned it before on the show (especially during the whole Sal/Beth post gary roast fall out).

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Brocktoon posted:

FIFTY MILLION DOLLAR GRAAAAAAAAAAND!

The best part of that day was when Howard says "J.D Harmeyer has to live in an abandoned Mole Hill" and Artie shouts "LES MISERABLES!"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Sleepstupid posted:

My favorite Artie/Eric moment was back during the whole "get him to fly with balloons" saga and when they were trying to come up with alternate suggestions, Artie said: "Eric, can we mail you somewhere." :roflolmao:

The Artie/Eric bit which is mah faaaavvvooorrriiitteee is when Eric was talking about American Idol and he referred to it as 'Idol', and Artie with incredible vitriol in his voice said "What, are you too busy to say 'American' you human being"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

AxeManiac posted:

Fred makes so many people tolerable.

Best Fred impression was the King of Eretria

I HAFF A NECKLACE MADE FROM WOMEN'S CLITORISES, AND EAR MUFFS MADE FROM THEIR TITS

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

"I was watching Fergie on tv the other night and her whole rear end in a top hat was sticking out, you just know she's banged all those guys in the Black Eyed Peas"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

Just a reminder, Howard hosed a Real Doll's mouth to completion once.

Didn't he admit during one of the History of Howard Sterns that this was all fake and he (and Fred) never actually had sex with the doll?

Rebel Rebel...

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

an adult beverage posted:

It's even more horrifying in retrospect since 1: he doesn't use the TV for over a year, 2: You can get a comparable TV at Black Friday these days for like $300.

The consensus on pretty much every other message board was that he sold it almost instantly and the reason he lied was because he made such a big deal throughout the contest about how he wanted it because he was such a big tv lover and the other contestants weren't.

Unlike most of the conspiracy theory obsessed stuff I hear about the show this one makes sense, especially as Panasonic remained a sponsor for a while afterwards.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

MEYDEY MEYDEY, THE BOAT IS ON FIRE...

I'M ON FIRE

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Advice posted:

"Sour Shoes I just want you to know that I want you to go to jail for this."

I WAS MADE FOR LOVING STEVE LANGFORD

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Sour Shoes is the best wack packer by far)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Brian Phelan has taken to Twitter asking for a job, poor guy :(

https://twitter.com/briphelan121212

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

And then...a terrible thing happened, Tim's assistant Jared locked me and your father in his sex dungeon

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

George Takei has released a cologne named Eau My, as usual the best thing are the amazon reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Eau-My-1-7-oz-Cologne-Spray/dp/B00GS83884?tag=vglnk-c156-20

"Georgie strikes gold again. After an intense wrestling session with Bradders, nothing cleans me up better than some Eau My"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

From what I recall Howard has said in the past that his parents and youngest daughter love Beth, he has implied one of the other two doesn't like her but that's mainly because she still holds out hope her parents will get back together (most likely bullshit reasoning by Howard but who knows).

I still think the funniest Howard daughter story is the one who recorded the horrible spoken word album and someone noticed in the liner notes that it was produced by Scott The Engineer.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

Plus, Beth is young enough to have a baby and then that's an even smaller cut of the Howard's Death Paycheck that the original kid is entitled to. You can see how that would embitter a person.

For the first time I'm starting to think that maybe it would be in Howards best interests to knock Beth up, shes turned into a crazy cat lady on steroids (aka Lisa G with money). At this point I think Howard would prefer one kid over hundreds of cats in all of his places (I know i would), I doubt she has many more childbearing years left and when she does she's only going to get worse. Howards gonna end up like the Big game hunter from Jumanji in his massive animal filled Hamptons house.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Finndo posted:

You mean Pameler Anderson?

I hope Niggerless Cage shows up too

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

While I agree Benjy is horribly unfunny, the audio of him and Richard getting thrown out of the comic convention cos he kept asking obnoxious questions during the trailer for a Wolverine game was hilarious.

The drop where he's screaming as he got kicked out is gold to, I always crack up when Fred uses it.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

'Scenes from an Italian Restaurant/Angry Young Man' medley have ruined Billy Joel for me forever.

"and his stories so long you be hanging yourself"

"he gets bored in Las Vegas (Ders Noffing Ta Do)"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Heres hoping Niggerless cage and Pamerler Anderson get married soon

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I WANT YOUR MUFFFFFFFFF, MUUUUUFFFFFFFF!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7CdAbji-zA#t=75

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Jesus, is she auditioning for Mask 2?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

GenoCanSing posted:

Xbox is so good baba booey plays it ON THE STOOLS IN HIS HOME THEATER

I remember years ago Artie did a voice in one of the Leisure Suit Larry games and they must have bought a commercial because Howard was talking about "Hey remember that awesome Leisure Suit Larry series, with that guy in the cool jacket?", he clearly didn't have a clue what he was talking about. It used to annoy me how he would do commercials for video games and fast food but put them down the rest of the time.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

The best thing to come out of the Vinnie tapes is when they held the 'Ms Butterface' contest during one of the Vegas trips. The woman who eventually won was named Debbie and throughout the whole contest Artie (who was drunk) kept saying 'Oh Debbie Debbie Debbie' like Vinnie did on the tape. You can tell Howard is getting pissed cos he wont stop saying 'Oh Debbie Debbie Debbie'.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Hi Fred

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

He's not getting back into the Playgirl mansion looking like that.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

What was that Frank Sinatra-ish song Fred used to play while Artie was reading his plugs/gigs towards the end of the show?

It's the Honeymooners closing theme I think

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Squashy Nipples posted:

Then again, a gay dude once told me that gays tend to sort themselves out by fatness, and it's really not ok to get fat on your partner, because then you both get kicked out of the skinny gay club.

To be fair I doubt George and Brad go to Gay clubs at their age, and Brad is nowhere near fat enough to get kicked off the Star Trek Cruise.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

The best thing Joan Rivers ever did was get kicked off the show Loose Women (essentially the British version of The View) because she said Russel Crowe was a piece of loving poo poo live at 1:00pm in the afternoon(she didn't realize the show didn't have a delay or bleep). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOpquHD4HJQ

That being said I couldn't stand her on the Stern show which was partly Booeys fault due to having her on all the time.

(The guy from Dead or Alive who sang 'you spin me right round' was also banned from British tv for years for saying Jennifer Lopez was a oval office on live tv)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Brocktoon posted:

I can't wait for Howard to get angry that the website mentions his name and the picture of KC is a screenshot form the E! show.

I doubt he would be too mad, guys like Levy and Cabbie used to slap his name on stuff well after they fell out with him and he never did anything about it. Artie, Jackie and John do it too. He should bust KC's balls over the old picture though, he hasn't looked that good in years.