Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think the Gary to the moon bit was mean spirited. It seemed like they were hoping he would get excited and have fun and it completely backfired.

The coming out to George thing was worse because he was just so incredibly supportive and there was no real punchline. Artie too was clearly uncomfortable about it and they should have just apologized and never played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Artie's not gay, he was just so desperate for laughs/approval along with the faux machismo stuff from his father and being a "Jersey longshoreman" that he would take any chance he could to make any gay joke that came to mind. He hasn't had successful relationships because of his immaturity and like most addicts, being incredibly loving selfish. He was with Dainer for a long time before she just couldn't put up with his poo poo anymore. He was engaged to another addict whom he partially blames for his nose collapse. He was pretty open before he went in to hiding that he finally was recognizing his problems more and was avoiding relationships and hookers.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 5, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Now I'm just remembering Artie arguing with Howard that having Hawaiian Punch every morning is not bad for you because it is juice.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm sure the dog was only part of it. Artie totally didn't want her to move in because it would mean he couldn't be as much of a degenerate. He wanted a relationship like with his mom where he can do whatever he wants and someone comes by to check on him and tell him he is a good boy. As mentioned many times in this thread, he was a total child and I hope he is getting his poo poo together.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you listened to the show, you'd know that Crazy Alice called him "Gay Artie". Good post otherwise.

Ok, Gay Howah!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I had to look up how SXM is doing financially and yikes. While they are still profitable, they carry a lot of debt and are on a downward subscriber trend so their stock is $3.48 at the moment.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 8, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is there a new car today that doesn't come with SXM compatibility? Credit to them for making the tech ubiquitous in the US/CA.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I haven't watched any of this but I'm still going to say absolutely.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm jus sayin!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mexican Radio posted:

anything else, Robin?

Well hello dare!!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Zsa Zsa Gabor has mammoth oval office lips" - Ed McMahon

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Recently one of the writers on the show, Sam, said she's going to eat her placenta after having her next baby. Robin immediately got on board about how that's so important and natural and blah blah. When Howard asked what it's supposed to accomplish, neither Sam nor Robin could give an explanation, just vague crap about how western medicine doesn't know everything and some cultures have been eating placentas since ancient times so that makes it legitimate.

Robin used to be a nurse so it's extra dumb when she spouts off about placenta eating and coffee enemas and magnets.

It is classic "oh shut the gently caress up Robin." Would have been nice to have Jackie there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEk4SgmaKlo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No, Artie never did that.

It was $500

This was back when the main way of doing it was paying $1/song, so most probably went to music. Teddy didn't seem sharp enough to pirate all of it and manually copy it over.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Cool Eric. Take care.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wasn't the thing that killed that bit was when he sent a bill for $8k to Johnny for a weekend trip to see WWE in LA?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Riley and Eric would have done so well if social media was a thing back then.

To be fair, it was. It started with MySpace, but Eric was a big Twitter user. The problem was that Howard was totally right about him, he was only interesting in the context of the show.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
YOU. DUMB. gently caress. I DO NOT SHOVE CRINKLE FRENCH FRIES UP MY rear end. I WOULD RATHER EAT THEM AND I LIKE WAFFLE CUT.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

EngineerJoe posted:

Riley would have found his calling on Cameo

Not kidding, I absolutely would have paid for that (within reason.) You understand...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Lizzo already reversed her statement saying she meant done with negativity or some bullshit.

Gender switch is a good call, but they need to pick someone who not an established actor/comedian. OJ was basically playing the same part Kareem was in Airplane, a guy known for being somewhat serious and doing a job that isn't funny that shows up in a crazy slapstick comedy. Somebody random like Simone Byles or something would be a better fit.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

Was just listening to a rerun and they were bitching at bendy for doing shtick and being late. I still hate that gently caress.

Benjy is a human poo poo post. He can totally be funny, but he seems like an incredible pain in the rear end in reality. Everyone on the show seemed to agree that you have to keep him at arms length at least.

Squashy Nipples posted:

The more I think about it, the more I want an interview with the exwife. I'm sure they've both signed stuff agreeing not to talk about it, though.

That would be fascinating but as you mention, no way in hell it will even be mentioned.

wesleywillis posted:

Don't know how many of you get the channel "Laff" right now, but the casablanca of comedy is on right now.
Dirty work starring the Norm Mcdonald of generation x (norm mcdonald) and Arthur Lange.

As an avid Norm fan I will say right away that Dirty Work is the worst thing he ever did. That movie is awful in every way other than the infamous Don Rickles scene.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Reminds me of the time Crazy Alice called in to yell "g**ks and sp**ks!" clearly thinking she had something hilarious there and it completely fell flat no matter how hard she tried to sell it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Him interviewing a sitting president was definitely not on my bingo card. Is this actually happening or just someone doing a deepfake?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would assume Hein has mostly handed that down to whatever they are doing in place of interns now (minimum wage theater majors or whatever).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It definitely speaks volumes that he had a sitting president live on the show today and the response is that you have about 5 of us in this thread to acknowledge it and I think only a couple of the posters still listen?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Presidents coming on casual talk shows as opposed to formal interviews with news outlets really only picked up steam with Obama (there were pundits that were furious he went on the Tonight Show for example). Conan had Biden on a few months ago, but it was limited to 30 mins and he actually went to the White House to do it. What was the format for Howard?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
And captures all the rounds in his pouch

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like both Howard and Biden were in studio today... and Howard wore a suit. It looks weird as gently caress. I wonder if they did it on a Friday to ensure they only had a skeleton crew for Secret Service to investigate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsYVYVi9M4

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Burden posted:

He gave him some Carson's Ribs.

Still not sure if that was a good or bad sponsorship. They kept trying to hand them out to people on the air as a consolation prize and would often times get a "no thanks."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I just heard an NPR news story that the NYT are all pissed off because they never get interviews with Biden but he gave one to Stern right down the street and gave him some exclusive reveals. What an odd day.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
We can only hope. I hope she also desperately mentioned how much she loves Howard.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Ok Joe, let's take a few calls. Hillary Clinton audiobook, you're on."
"I spent the next few days making GBS threads cum in Diane Feinstein's living room."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The writing has been on the wall for a long time. Howard always does the "I'm not doing this again" schtick, but the show has been slowly disappearing for a decade now along side it just not being on very much anymore (#1 reason I quit listening a few years ago). He's got another 20 months on his contract and I can't imagine the show continuing after that. I would assume that someone will give him a new job after that to do interview specials (SiriusXM, maybe Netflix or Max) and he might get his broadcasting fix by going on other people's podcasts or something.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Gary's audiobook was so bad they didn't even need to chop it up

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There's blood in your stool from too much alcoholic imbibing

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
*slams the button to hang up the phone* Why can't I get a real caller!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He's right. Also his new movie sucks balls.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Good lord that article reads like a Wikipedia entry. I forgot that she wrote her autobiography when she was like 40.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Send Lisa G or Langford to interview the author.

It's a TV in a box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I think their peak popularity stuff was real, but like the Stern show, heavily edited and only the best takes.