Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Ether Frenzy posted:

He lives in Queens, he's probably never been to a Home Depot since the subway doesn't go there and he probably just got sold a line on some MOEN faucets by his shady contractor, and to King whatever costs the most is the best.

Even with that said, I can't walk through the faucets area of Home Depot without shouting, "My faucets is Moen!"

My wife does it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Kelly posted:

Haha, that was my exact thought about her "35" cups of coffee.

Woah woah woah, stop the clock. What are you guys talking about? (I'm behind on my listening)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Wow, what must Howard be thinking to bring that up on the air?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I managed to watch the whole thing but I barely made it. Two hours is too drat long and I don't think I'll be able to get through it tomorrow. Is it two hours/twice a week every week? That's insane.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

And Eric the Midget will outlast them all.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Judging by this article (http://www.examiner.com/article/robin-quivers-health-scare) I don't think it's malignant but I imagine removing it will cause major issues to her plumbing.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I wonder how long she's going to be out. Recovery is going to be a bitch, especially since it involves a serious life change. This is really going to demolish what remains of the show.

If she's really getting a colostomy bag I would say 6 months. That's if her fragile psyche can handle it.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

beergod posted:

Wait is it confirmed robin has cancer or are we still just speculating?

Cancer is speculation.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Joe Don Baker posted:

Any Whack Pack sightings?

His parents were clearly visible sitting just behind him at one point. (I think when he made the kid cry).

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

prefect posted:

Time to start the "Sal Employment Watch":

I hope he's still got a job next week. :ohdear:

I think Howard has admitted having his teeth done.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Regarding Robin's surgery:

quote:

"I know as much as the audience does," mumbled HSS media producer JD Harmeyer. "Clearly she doesn’t want the full details of what’s she’s going through on out on the air, because she hasn’t given the full details and I think the less people here who know the full details, the better chance she will have of them not spilling out.”
http://www.examiner.com/article/robin-quivers-surgery-today

I love this quote from JD. It sounds just like him.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is Howard on Vacation this week?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/henry-hill-dead-goodfellas/

quote:

Henry Hill -- the former mobster whose life story became the basis for the movie "Goodfellas" -- died today at the age of 69 ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Hill's girlfriend Lisa ... who told us Hill passed away in an L.A. hospital Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

Lisa tells us, "He had been sick for a long time ... his heart gave out."

We're told Hill had focused on mending relationships with estranged family members in recent years ... and Lisa tells us he had made tremendous progress before he died.

Hill leaves behind two children.

Hill was famously portrayed by Ray Liotta in the 1990 classic "Goodfellas."

Hill's exploits in the mob world were legendary -- but he prided himself on reforming later in life ... and became a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

prefect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC0HpPKIkZ4

I'm sure he's going to accept the hall of fame invite. :(

All would be forgiven if he sends Debbie the Pet Lady to accept.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Bonzo posted:

Maybe its the lighting in that pic but Beth's left eye looks different then her right one. They look like they are shaped differently.

Many people have one eye bigger than the other. A good photographer knows how to compensate for it so it's a non issue for models.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

sedative posted:

Howard has a picture of Robin in his dressing room :stare:

That's not so odd to me... She's probably the most important person in his life.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I wonder if Stuttering John was laid off.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/18/showbiz/tonight-show-cuts/index.html

quote:

Source: At least 20 'Tonight Show' staffers laid off, Leno's salary slashed

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I can see people hiring him just to humiliate him on the air "because that's what Stern does" and it makes me a bit sad.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Robin's probably dying so we should give her a pass here.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Scary Spice is going to be a judge on America's Got Talent. This might be good. I hope she's a diva and drives Howard crazy.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

You guys are so cynical... and probably right.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

How is adding a fourth judge a good idea?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sand Monster posted:

It's someone's birthday...

Someone who is associated with balloons...

Oh Eric, you have lived yet another year beyond your best before date.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Squashy Nipples posted:

Whoa... article about Gilbert, with him being a total normal human being. It's kind of shocking, really.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/arts/television/gilbert-gottfried-on-celebrity-wife-swap.html

Remember, this a man whom George Takai, without a hint of irony, called a "monster".

I don't think I like this side of Gilbert

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Does anyone have a Robin song parody pack (or any other kind of song parody really)?

I really think I could listen to these parodies full time instead of real music.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Holy Calamity! posted:

Yeah that's all I kept thinking every time they played another new fake AGT show promo. It's a pretty strong comment on how little they actually produce.

Howard seems to be one of those perfectionists that can't get anything done. Everything has to be done so perfectly that they can't even attempt to try making something great because he'll bog them down with tweaks.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The only cupcakes I've had that were outstanding were the ones from Magnolia Bakery in Manhattan. Crumbs was pretty terrible.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Great news, her album is on Googles' new music service! This is going to make the weekend amazing.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Did Jackie really only make 250k? I was under the impression that he made a lot more?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The Zimmerman verdict appears to be the right call given the asinine law. Does he also support the Stand Your Ground law?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Howard is ok at photography but absolutely terrible at Photoshop.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The show is still pretty bad but I feel like it's a lot better than last year. The editing has improved and the talent seems to be a whole lot better. That's not to say either of these things are amazing, only that they're not as bad as last year. I think we would all prefer the show if it was just Howard judging and maybe throw in Ralph with a laser pointer.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The results show is the biggest waste of time but at least I can watch it in 10 minutes with the DVR.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Oh Beth...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm surprised the doctors would tell her that she's cured so soon after treatment. Don't you need to go a certain number of years without it returning before they declare that you're 'cured'?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Looks like HowardTV is shutting down and they're going to do an online service of some sort.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

"Having bar stools in your home theater room is harrible"

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Whenever we see halibut anywhere my wife and I invariable end up doing our own Ben and Ray Stern impressions.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Just think of this as a new phase of Howards life. The old show is over, and he's transitioning to the elder statesman that he always wanted to be. If he's even on for one day a week after his contract expires I'll be happy because 1 day is better than no days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It may seem like that but really he mentioned often that he wanted to do a game show and be an elder statesman. The cats things is ridiculous though.