Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Captain Invictus posted:

We interrupt your Super Robot Thread to bring you: "THAT Dygenguar Moment"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FfN65U1OIM&hd=1

Please tell me that he said "Episode 17? The hell's that mean?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

Toei produced the series, so this is another of those direct release things like HnK/GE999/Harlock. They apparently either cropped it to 4:3 or lol are horizontally squishing it though, since it's definitely a widescreen show.

Now, why Toei would bother with this is another question entirely.

Live action Gaiking movie.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

Also we'd now have Titan on the list. I have to say though, it feels mighty disingenuous to have a Shoji Kawamori designed robot in an American robot thing.

I know you're talking about Symbionic Titan but I'd also want to see Titan Maximum, too. It won an Emmy! for costume designfrom DeVry

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Daler Mehndi posted:

Episode 7 of Bluray Shin Mazinger? Sure, why not.

http://www.multiupload.com/IVZNDDOM70

Episode 8:

http://www.multiupload.com/SV35Y3I9GY

Episode 9:

http://www.multiupload.com/H9S146E6YN

Episode 10:

http://www.multiupload.com/WBNC6VMMU3

I really appreciate this because I regret missing watching it when it first came out and it's loving impossible to find seeded torrents now.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Going through Z2 on psp right now and Virtue is pretty loving super with armor equal to the low end super robots but still rather high mobility and all attacks consuming energy. But I guess magical bullshit particles that made your mech neigh invulnerable is rather god drat super.

In Z2, Kallen in the Guren Mk. II counts as a super.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Nobody's obsessing, I just like the totally arbitrary idea that Supers are tougher but slower than Reals.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Snot Man posted:

Oh holy crap I take back everything bad I've ever said about Combattler V. It turns out I'm easily swayed by good animation quality and modern-sounding music! I was the bad guy all along! :negative:

High five horrible mecha-fan buddy! :unsmith:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Just started watching Gurren Lagann, is there any point to watching the movies afterwards or are they just the series smooched together?

Youtube the final fights of both of the movies after you've watched the series.

edit: Actually, no, scratch that. It might be worth watching the second movie completely for a few different reasons.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 15, 2012

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Hey guys, guess what just came in the mail!

:kamina:
aw yissss

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

It goes to Kickstarter, and then a majority share of it goes to him.

Plus since when does an anime production company give a poo poo about someone making comics about their characters?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Schwarzwald posted:

Is anyone familiar with them?

It should be worth pointing out that the subtitles for Game Center CX were redone just for Discotek's DVD's by SA's own Zari-gani, who is part of the fansubbing effort in Games and is generally considered to be really good at it.

So if anything else they probably know what they're doing.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Depends on your definitions of "early" and "aged well," but I'd say Gundam and Ideon.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Valentin posted:

On a similar note, there anything else that gives an updated take on classic super robot shows/is a modern show with super robot sensibilities? I've watched Big O and Giant Robo, too, and I like the relatively focused (not 78 episode long) approach to "giant robots fight big things."

Gunbuster and Diebuster are both 6 episodes long. Watch them in that order.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Can we talk about how Getter Robo is getting a new anime in 2014 instead of jerking Clawshrimpy off for another 10 pages?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Why the gently caress have you let him derail this thread for 20 pages with the exact same argument?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

KoB posted:

Only if you dont believe our heroes will return one day :colbert:

Genesis Gaogaigar is ready to shoot out of the sun towards the train-Gaogaigar that Mamoru and Kaidou pilot any day now.

Aaaaaaany day now.

edit: I misspelled "Genesic" but I'm going to keep it that way because it's awesome.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

tsob posted:

Some guy interviewed Obari at a con recently, where he was there as part of something called Cardcaptor Vanguard. Apparently no-one really knew who he was, so he didn't get much attention and only this guy really interviewed him. Anyways, he asked some questions about the Obari Sword Pose, Pacific Rim, 3D animation and advice for mecha design if anyone's interested. Pic courtesy of /a/ apparently.

Oh my god, Obari going nuts over Pacific Rim is the best.

"I know, right? Wouldn't it be awesome if it did?"

• Locked thread