Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Someone recommend me a good rice cooker. Are they all created more or less equal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

For anyone interested: You can get a thermapen for $85 as opposed to the usual $96 at http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/

The catch? It has to be a poo-brown colored one. The rest are all regular price.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

That Peugeot Madras is getting hammered in reviews on Amazon. Way too many 1-stars complaining about the thing breaking.

And it looks so drat nice too. :smith:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

So what are the preferred woods for a cutting board? The OP doesn't get into great detail about it, other than oiling them monthly.

So far we have:

lovely woods
∙ Teak

Good
∙ Everything else? :iiam:

I recently bought some Shun knives and I don't want to dull them up on substandard woods :smug:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

What do you guys do with people who salt things before they even taste them? Should you build in a salt deficit to ensure that your culinary vision doesn't get compromised?

Assault them.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I got an KitchenAid mixer for a little over $200 at Target. Looks like they're still on sale - I assume it's an older model: http://www.target.com/p/kitchenaid-classic-4-5-qt-stand-mixer/-/A-14830664#prodSlot=_1_2

I used it to make some banana bread a couple days ago and it's pretty awesome.

I also just accidentally posted this in a Diablo 3 thread.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Looks like I may be getting this rice cooker for Christmas:

http://www.zojirushi.com/products/npgbc

Gonna eat so much brown rice next year.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

GrAviTy84 posted:

Zooooojiiirushiiii

Got this guy for christmas and drat this brown rice is good as hell.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I have a similar setup that backs up to a wall. Will venting this thing to the outside make much of a difference with the crappy stock fan like that?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

rockcity posted:

Absolutely. My last house has a standard microwave with a fan on it and it just blew the fumes around the house. My new house has the same style microwave but it vents to the outside and it's night and day. It's definitely not going to match a dedicated wide opening vent, but boy is it better than a non-vented one.

Ok good. That's like #1 on my list of home improvements because current setup just farts greasy air back into the kitchen. The cabinet knobs above the vent constantly get a thin film of grease.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

drat. I wish I saw that sale :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Is there an equivalent of this thread for laundry machines and other household stuff?

• Locked thread