Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good citrus press? I'm looking for something like the pewter (?) hand presses you see used at a margarita bar. The simpler and less fancy, the better.

Example picture:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

No Wave posted:

This works great for me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A7S636/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unless you're really into the looks there's no reason to get a standing press.

Make sure you are using it the right way!!! I am almost positive that the majority of these in the country are used on fruit facing the wrong direction (cut side up instead of down)

Thanks. I was looking for a stand up because I thought it would be less straining when juicing 20+ limes. How tiring do you think it would be to squeeze that like 40 times?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

toby posted:

I guarantee you, if you're batch-juicing a bunch of citrus for later use, or juicing individual fruits many times throughout an evening while doing other things (for both scenarios, think making cocktails at a bar), it becomes a problem.

I've used this (but do not own it), it works well imo. http://www.amazon.com/Jupiter-Large-Commercial-Juice-Press/dp/B0000CFBZP/

This one is out of my price range. I should have mentioned I don't want to spend more than $80. I was thinking of getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Re...=I35UOXHKNWFG8G but I wanted to see if there was a highly recommended one out there before I ordered it. It also oddly enough is a 2 for 1 deal.

If I get it I'll be sure to let you guys know how good they are.

walruscat fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 19, 2013

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Drifter posted:

Those are near enough the same price if I'm not mistaken. The one you linked to has another 35 dollars in shipping costs...unless you absolutely need the second one, or want to resell it, I suppose. The one Toby posted, if bought used, gets down to around $70 with shipping.

As long as it is stable and the hinges smooth, I'd imagine one is pretty much the same as any other.

You are absolutely right. I think I'll go with the used one. Thanks for the help. I'm going to be tending bar at a pool party soon, which will give me a lot of testing of the press to report on.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I want something non-electric so I can use it outside without need a hookup. Also I won't lie, part of the appeal is the actual device. They are fun to use and look pretty nifty.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Can I get a recommendation for a black pepper grinder for my kitchen? I will sometimes need it to grind large quantities of pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

SubG posted:

Unicorn Magnum, in either 6" or 9", depending on how much of a size queen you are.

That looks perfect. I think the 6" machine will do. Thanks a lot.

VVV Their grinders look very nice but they are out of my price range.

walruscat fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 7, 2013

• Locked thread