Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I'm a highback and head rest enjoyer which I recognize is basically asking for trouble at around 196cm. A local used dealer rattled off some inventory over the phone, and from my own research the Gesture, the Humanscale Freedom Chair, or the Beacon (which I had no idea existed until today, it seems like a Fern clone?) seem like they might be the most compelling options.

Any other recommendations or 'don't bother with this' for the too tall for their own good crowd?

I am about 10cms taller than you or whatever 6 foot 6 in non American is and I found the Logitech Embody worked for me, I know it’s dumb but the Steelcase just looked so dang boring. Long story short I don’t feel like I needed a headrest but ended up pre ordering one from Atlas since I wanted to grab quick naps during work day(being old sucks)

On the headrest tangent I am half thinking this Atlas company is a scam because I haven’t been able to pay off my pre order. They notified to pay it since shipping is starting but their order portal doesn’t let me give them money. Their support site said they were trying to get it fixed with their merchant vendor. Seems like they would want to fix that aspect of their business plan quickly but it hasn’t resolved itself in the past 5 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I legitimately choose a Logitech Embody because everything else looked so boring. It’s a home office, my soul is mostly crushed from insurance claims adjusting so at least the spot of color in my office keeps me from going over the edge. The Galaxy color is unique and the size fits my 6 foot 5 frame, that being said I grabbed an Atlas headrest preorder so I could catch some power naps while being on hold trying to find how much negative equity someone has on their Dodge Journey(it’s always alot)

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

That packaging is definitely top tier for office furniture

Anyone else patiently waiting the Atlas headrest for their embody?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I like my headrest on my Embody for cat naps while working. Also I am taller so maybe it’s different for yall short kings

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Nohearum posted:

It looks like the Logitech embody comes in an all black color now with some white accents on the wheels. I decided to order that one today. Figure I can swap the wheels if they are too ugly in my office.

It comes in a few different colors, black was always available. My wife had her work order the Galaxy color one since she liked mine so much. Seems silly not to order the Logitech one for the discounted rate especially since black is available.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I am still annoyed I spent the equivalent of a second Embody for a stand up desk from Uplift. I do love the desk but I ain’t standing for poo poo anymore with the Embody. 9 hours later I am usually running to the bathroom since I haven’t moved once when I sat down to work. PS insurance adjusting sucks butt

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I had the same issue and I can't remember what I adjusted to fix the problem. I remember thinking gently caress me I don't think I can handle this chair. But you just need to keep fiddling with the adjustments

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

My roommate bought me a new office chair for Christmas, which is super nice of him. The chair itself is good, but I can't bear to tell him the gas cylinder is garbage and the chair slowly sinks even when I'm not sitting in it.

Does the PVC pipe hack work okay? I'm thinking of just doing that, but I'm worried it might feel weird to sit on that. Should I just buy a replacement cylinder? If so, any recommended brands? I'm around 260 lbs, which probably matters a lot.

If it’s brand new seems weird to replace yourself unless you been throwing yourself down on it when sitting
Anyway i am your weight and used this https://a.co/d/hPUMPyh

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

Looking to get a good chair. Taking the advice and looking for a used Herman Miller chair. I'm 6'6" and about 250 (not fat, just v big). Any giants here have experience with these chairs?

Tall boy high five. I am exactly your build. The Embody works for our size. I have one at home for work but I recently received a Steelcase Gesture at the office as a compromise of going in once a week and that chair works fine but the styling is pretty boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The box is amazing and my kids enjoyed it as well. I have the same color embody and you can't really tell it's the gamer version plus it was hard to beat for $1438 after tax. Hopefully you asked them for a 20% coupon to order direct too