Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Somewhat related to chairs, any recommendations for a proper computer workstation desk?

I'm looking for one with adjustable height, don't need a standing desk or a motor, just one where if someone else uses it this year we could adjust the height a little bit.

It seems desks are much less tricky get correct than chairs are, so any brand of desk will probably do, maybe?

I'm in the UK as well if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

Ikea Bekant stuff is probably the best you'll find for what they cost. They claim it's for an office rather than home but it wouldn't last five minutes in an actual commercial environment, it is pretty solid for home use though.

The leg height adjusts between 65 and 85cm, but you have to slide the leg and tighten a grub screw to do it. Fine if you're doing it every few months but otherwise get a standing desk.

I looked at these Bekant things but for some reason they, as a lot of other contemporary tables, only have two proper legs instead of four, and the reviews say they are a bit wobbly as a result. A puzzling trend, it seems that something like 90% of all desks these days are two-legged. I would have thought sturdiness (= 4 legs) would be like... the whole point of a desk? :confused:

Anyway, I guess Ikea's Mittback (two of those + separate tabletop) would be the closest thing to what I want. However I didn't go for that but instead got a more expensive four-legged electrified desk, as I would probably mess up the do-it-yourself nature of Mittback (yeah, even though it seems like it should be very easy)