Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Open up that building. Let's get Carlos Marik a ride home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Poptarts: I know I didn't tell you anything about the ECM in my orders. I didn't do so because I figured once the ECM was set to GHOST TARGET mode it would continue running that way until I changed that. Did you forget or is it my fault for not specifying?

Gwaihir posted:

Viva Miriya, think we should hang around on the left side of the map, like around the 3 line behind the civvie 'Mechbay, or the dome directly south with the downed Bloodhound? That or just completely retreat north and sit in cover there taking potshots?

Being able to shoot from a flank is really excellent and without jumpjets I feel like we'd be at a pretty big disadvantage up in the hills north of town, since they will be able to close in on us much faster than we can keep distance/los broken.
On the other hand, we've still got a slight edge in weight and the initiative lets us get backshots/take lots of kicks pretty easily if they close in to point blank range.

No gently caress that lets egress back to the rest of the team. Use the buildings for cover until we can get to the nightstar roughly.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 9, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

I default ECMs out to standard ECM mode unless you specify. Every other ECM mode is a special rule, sorry about the confusion.

Can you set my ECM to perma Ghost Target mode please?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cerb is in a horrible position i feel. That said I can rush out of cover and draw fire. I think if the maelstrom backs up 5, Cerb walks back instead of breaking cover, we can focus down the yu Haung pretty good this turn. Or maybe even bring the cerb in closer. Yu Haung will be opened up if any one of our gauss rifles hit the RT and then it'll be crit heaven I hope.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I stand corrected. So I'm gonna walk 1216 probably and blast the yuhaung. I feel we should all focus it down and take out the new lance's best pilot/probable leader. Who do we want to put ghost targets on this turn?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Just a quick note. While I do love me a good conspiracy theory, especially here where PTN loves him some wheels within wheels style plotting, we have to consider the fact that the yon Precentor is helping us out less because of of some sinister ComStar plot and more because the Cappies shot his family car and tried to blame us for it.

Of course if we wanna make SURE of that, I recommend that one or more of you guys send the video to the ComStar 'mechs of the Cappies taking the shot to ensure that Carlos doesn't have an "accident" while in ComStar custody. One line in your orders to that effect will probably be good enough.

We aren't able to interact with comstar with our orders besides just killing cappies, sorry.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Are you sure? Did you ask? Because the Cappies sent a message in the clear to ComStar, you know. Just because there's nothing in the game rules that talks about it doesn't mean it's automatically invalid. There's nothing in the rules about plucking an KO'd pilot out of his 'mech, but I asked if I could try it, and PTN allowed it.

If you guys did ask and he said no, then that's that. But if not, it wouldn't hurt to check. :shrug:

I checked with PTN.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Note that you do have the high risk option (risk is the war dog gets shot in the rear end pretty bad otherwise it would be a super low risk option). Cerb stands and delivers, maelstrom walks forward 5 hexes to melee range and the war dog backs up and makes the turn, this does present the rear armor to the jinggau for a moment but the dice pools aren't actually that great for it, and you can have every mech pounding the jinggau while the enemy is forced to split its fire due to being denied targets. with waves of fire from short range. (wardog can torso twist to fire its lpl!) Cerb is going to have 9s for the gauss and 6s for shooting with its pulse lasers, maelstrom a more modest 8. Nightstar is going to be 10 to hit with its gauss, wardog a 7 to hit with the lpl, maelstrom is going to be 9s all around. It a lot of firepower you can pour on and the maelstrom can also put out a kick in the physical phase against eiher the jinggau or if it is dead (hopefully) the other guy, eitherway the enemy is actually going to have problems with getting good move mods against you with them next turn if done right.

I don't mind showing my rear end to the jinggau if it means we can possibly cripple it this turn.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kial posted:

So the Jing would hit on .... 4 base + 1 dusk + 2 move + 1 enemy move. 8s. Risky move for sure. Crippling that mech would be a coup though.

AtomikKrab posted:

not a bad chance of annihilating it this turn. The nightstar should shoot first given ptns priority with weight, then the cerb, so all 4 nice huge hole punching gauss should fire at it then the lighter weapons to attempt to burn through and exploit any damage. oh and the night star has a erppc which will also be medium range I think so even more attacks.

The Risk of death is from that gauss, if it hits your center rear torso it is going to penetrate then you could die, if it doesn't hit there or misses it will take 3 hits to the ct (2 if the pulse hits there) to start doing crits.

Oooh and regardless having those 3 there sets up very well for next turn regardless of the enemies action.

(disclaimer, bad luck can stomp you very very badly.)

As to why the jinggau and not the sha yu for firing, Sha yu is in a much worse positioning spot simply by not having jump jets even though it is much faster it can't build a good movemod without either running or moving out of support range of the rest of the enemy team.

Kill yourself AtomikKrab! Not getting pwned in the butte on 8s lmao. The rest of you can jump the Jinggau though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

War Dog is going to rush in behind the Yu Haung and called shot the RT. If its rear shots cause the thing fell forward great. Otherwise its still pounding a damaged RT. Gauss Rifle minimum range will be almost a nonfactor, everything else will be dead on. He's done for. THen I'm kicking the poo poo while its down. Cerb is going to get shotup this turn, there's no avoiding it so lets ghost target him and try to minimize the damage it takes from the penetrator. I'm thinking since we're in close quarters anyway, and the Sha Yu appears to have moved pretty sloppily this turn, that the Cerberus with Ghost Targets should move in to physical range of the shayu and give it what for. Maelstorm should get behind the Thunder imo and say hello and maybe get lucky with another kick. Nightstar should shoot either Sha Yu or Jinggau imo.

Yeah so potential for 2 knockdowns and a confirmed kill this turn, its looking really great.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

I wish you'd let me handle the Yu Huang and commit to stopping the flanking move of the Sha Yu and Jinggau. They might be able to interfere with our escape if they run free in the backfield.

If not that, the Penetrator has rear torso armor your pulses could crack if they don't disappoint and hit a leg or something.

I mean I'm all ears for a good move but that seemed to be the obvious choice. It protects my right arm which gives me a gauss rifle and a MPL, the gauss rifle being explosive. I could target the predator instead with all weapons and allow you to get the kill as much as I want the kill on the Yu Haung since that fucker has AMS ammo somewhere I can reach.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sit tight baby we gotcha. Changing orders to focus fire on the predator. I'm still kicking the Yu Huang though cause why not.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kial posted:

Contingency orders can solve the issue. Ask for the Nightstar to shoot first, War Dog can finish him off if necessary.

Nah we're not doing that. Potential to kill two mechs in one turn is too high imo. I'm at a penetrators back and I can maim its internals or get a CT shot. Maybe set off the AMS or at least get some engines or a gyro crit. Too good. I'm hoping the combination of the Nightstar's guns+a well placed kick should do the trick. Is it possible to aim kicks for the RT or no?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wouldn't it be loving sweet if the guy who got the 1st round headcap got a headcap with his kick too?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm thinking I should back up 3 to 1218, turn right and let the penetrator see my left side. I think its time we dealt with the sha yu some.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

So wait, the grand titan is one of ours? Maybe Carlos needs a new ride out of here.

Hey, you know who loves false-flag 'Mech ops? ComStar.

:laugh:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok time to get my head back in the game.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Kai Allard-Liao vs Predator

Maria Mercurial vs Minmay

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok so I like data dumped all the discussion we had since the update came out and caught up on MWO being somewhat fun again. WHATS THE PLAN FOR THE NEXT TWO TURNS.

Me personally, I'm going to back up 1218 with the wardog, turn to face 1319. Should let me torsotwist to shoot the shayu with the big guns baby. Also ghost targets on self. I figure me and the maelstrom have a great chance to potentially kill off the one guy who knows whats up on the enemy team and we should take it. Cerberus and Nightstar from what I remember of hte discussions should be able to hold out cause hello assault mechs. That said we wanna get back and unify the lance as soon as we can after we're sure Carlos is safe.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Wait, what's this about MWO being fun again?

Don't tease me like this Mandozer.

I said somewhat fun.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I think you eat a shitload of fire from the Penetrator and Sha Yu there, but it's been a while since I thought about the game so I'll have to remind myself once I get home. 1619 should let you shoot the Sha Yu and break LoS to the penetrator though. I'm 100% going to walk down behind the Sha Yu and shoot + kick it.

Doublecheck that for me and make sure I don't get rear end shot and I'll do it, even though it'll have me running for a +1 move mod lol.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

Oh, it was 1618, and you can back in to it so not rear shots from the Sha Yu. You can back and face 1516, or you can walk forward to it and face 1619. Neither gets you back shots, it just sets you up for going totally different directions on the following turn. I'd face 1619 if you think we're going to need to chase the Sha Yu further. I think that's a decent bet considering how poor our shots on it are, although if my (More likely by far but I've had lovely luck with anyhow) kick connects that's a leg crit and potential mobility kill.

Yeah I'm going to face 1619 so I can pursue/run to the HPG to cover Carlos.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Time to pwn some Liao fucks.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I really wanna play original mech commander

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok this is looking pretty bad now. Leave the sha yu to me. Thunder needs to die and we need to back the nightstar and cerb up hardcore. Gonna probably turn to face 1718 and back up 1 into the Flea's hex to kick the Sha Yu's left leg off as well as in general shooting the poo poo out of that side.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

You have many options and an assault mech and you are facing 2 smaller mechs with the init in your favor, simply break LOS with the jinggau there and feast on the penetrators tender insides.

Never listen to AtomikKrab about anything ever.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok I actually read Krab's post. The only good thing he said is breaking LoS with the Jinggau and going 1209. That said you could have figured that out. You should be concerned that you are being boxed in. We're coming to back you up as soon as we can but its gonna take time.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

PTN, can we move through a hex containing a neutral 'Mech?

If you run to 0815 your back and leg are covered. Pound the thunder with the maelstrom.

Thinking about starting to back up the road, honestly. Digging myself into a literal hole seems unwise when extraction is in our future.

I don't see us extracting with 5/8s in our backfield. You are stuck in anyway, might as well step to the side and drop the penetrator. I'll put ghost targets on the penetrator and if possible gwaihir should do the same.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

What on earth covers me in 0815? That looks an awful lot like setting myself up to be in a crossfire between the Penetrator and the Thunder, at least one of whom would have an open shot at my back. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see anything between the Thunder and I in that scenario.

Was actually thinking about moving to 0510, which should break LOS from the Thunder and let me give the Nightstar some support; those hills should give me some maneuvering leeway from the Thunder giving chase in the next few rounds, I'm hoping.

Partial Cover buddy+movement mods.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I don't see how I'm getting partial cover from the Thunder (which is standing on, not behind, a hill) in 0815. From the Penetrator, sure, but the Penetrator's the last dude I'm personally worried about right this second. Your post looked like it was saying I'd have cover from the Thunder, is my point.

Also wondering if moving to 0414 and continuing to slug it out with this dude where I still have a prayer of hitting with the MPLs might not be a bad idea, honestly. Carlos is getting back in his car soon, and I'm leery of pulling too far north, what with him being the mission objective and all.

I mean to say your opened leg is covered somewhat due to your rightside being towards the thunder. Its not 100% but if a leg gets hit, it's likely to be the good one not the bad. Also the Thunder is going to have a tough loving time hitting you any god drat way. Do it baby. Do it big. Kill that bitch.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

My orders are in so yeah. Here's to hoping for a legless Sha Yu.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I think those are the firing arcs- They're different (and wider) than the arcs are for determining hits from what I remember.

We need confirmation because this can become a glorious turn.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I think Merry Marauder is right- I can get out of his firing arc entirely but I can't get rear shots on him.

So just go for the right side and hope to hip that bitch.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Go for 8s.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

:f5:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Situation is the same: the only good capellan is a dead one. Maelstrom and cerb on thunder. Wardog and nightstar on penetrator.

I'm down to a LPL and a MPL for effective weapons so I'm going to focus on getting into and staying within physical range of a capellan mech till they are legless. If they stay around the nightstar I should be doing it by next turn at the latest.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 13, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja: If I were to take the wardog to the hanger with the grand titan, could I swap mechs?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Shut up.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm thinking War Dog and Maelstrom get within ECM range so we can drop ghost targets on the nightstar to hopefully make merry marauders situation less.....dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Orders are in. Going north to deal with the panther. I got ghost targets on the merry marauder. Make them loving pay for getting in your poo poo.

• Locked thread