Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Maybe the Widowmakers said screw the whole system and made their own, with blackjack, and hookers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Didn't Carlos almost get killed by ComStar, or am I misremembering?

[EDIT] and it's not fair to assume Sun Wu is going to be crazy just because he's a Liao. I mean if Carlos is supposed to be different than his father being a bumbling monkey, Sun Wu could be different than his parents too.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Gwaihir posted:

Comstar wasn't the one trying to kill Carlos, the Comguard forces on the planet with him ended up joining up after watching the Capellans roast the gently caress out of their HPG via hovering dropship.

Ah, I was thinking we saw him for two missions. One where ComStar was trying to kill/replace him and then the Capellan one. It's so hard to keep track of everything.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sun Wu is just trying to do the best he can picking up the mess in a somewhat mismanaged house and still dealing with the rear end in a top hat nobles who don't like things changing which are present in EVERY House in the IS. Even if the stuff like always paying ransom for even the lowliest of troops and ransoming enemies rather than going MAXIMUM HITLER turns out to be motivated by wanting to improve the reputation of the CapCon or Sun Wu's own reputation with the people, it doesn't make it less of a nice thing to do.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility he's not evil/insane, and he genuinely means to do good by people. President Amaris mostly fills the role of "crazy rear end in a top hat with good PR" as it is. It's not like trying to be a good guy in Battletech won't come without its share of conflicts and challenges even without considering the CapCon's past. Especially when Sun Wu tries to convince the nobles that no, you can't just whip a POW to death because you're bored.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CourValant posted:

@PTN, so, are we done in this thread then? I can move my bookmark over to the new one?

Just bookmark them both. That's what I did. :black101:

• Locked thread