Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Bonus avatar version. "I am one of Hell's Horses, not Hell's Ponies!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I think he's got some bias here :zoid:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I sent mine in too, and I think Threshold sent his in too. :confuoot:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Tempest_56 posted:

You mean people didn't realize that it was up before? You missed Star Commander Rarity in update 4?

Holy poo poo :aaaaa:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I can extend the pony delay later if someone wants that, don't have the right computer handy for that right now, and I don't mind if anyone takes it. I think The JJ said he might use it too on the last page, so fight with him over it or something.

And the crab doesn't need a full heal, it's going to be pissing off that clanner plenty without that.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

equal delay now.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

elitebuster posted:

Hey Mr. Dispair, do you have an avatar-sized version of this:

I don't right now, but I should be able to resize it when I get off of work tonight.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

PTN, you have the overheat penalty listed for the crab in the after turn part of the update.

Also, how immobilized is the Guillotine? Are we talking normal, no weapons fire or anything immobilized, or is it a stationary gun platform sort of immobilized?

Other than that, I'm not seeing a good way for the wyvern to stay away from the grasshopper while still being able to help out with the hawk and the Guillotine. Maybe it should try and book it away for a turn or two while we (hopefully) disable the hawk, and then we can hit it from behind like a bunch of assholes.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I'd rather not risk running my crab anywhere, the piloting roll doesn't seem like it's worth the risk.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The Merry Marauder posted:

Fair enough. I suppose you're likely to take 20 damage from the Goshawk, so it'd be one for 5 and one for 6. Perhaps if the Kintaro gets out of your way, you could walk to 1803 and keep on kickin'. Damage transfer is your friend, and your legs are clean.

Yeah, I've been enjoying sniping from relative safety, but I'll have to get down and dirty eventually.

e. What is the piloting roll for moving more than 5 hexes? I can't find it in my pm's, emails or the updates so far.

vvvvv And I'm at +3 to piloting rolls from injury, so yikes.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 12, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

elitebuster posted:

Hey Mr. Dispair, do you have an avatar-sized version of this:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Also, there are far too many criticals this turn.

:dance:

One way or another, at least.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I regret nothing.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Uhm, if this is supposed to be a balanced fight, then do I really want to know what the clans get? :gonk:

Probably not.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Taerkar posted:

Well that would explain some of the previous results. :v:

I`d tell you but then I`d have to kill you :ssh:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Wait a minute... if you wanted to pilot a quad mech, how would the neurohelmet balance thingy work? Wouldn't you want to hook up a horse to the neurohelmet?

:ranbowdash:

Of course.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

MJ12 posted:

That is gundam as gently caress.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Your fault for voluntarily living in SoDak when Minneapolis is so close by.

An 8 hour drive isn't exactly close.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Anything under a day's travel is close in the great plains.

The only thing the drive to Minneapolis has going for it is that it doesn't involve driving through Wyoming like the ride to Denver does.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

e3. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :argh:
Voting E because of the potential for some Duncan Fisher narration.

e. Duncan Fisher Bloopers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfR6w0ljrFE

e2. Wait Duncan Fisher would still be a competitor in this time wouldn't he?

e4. E not F gah

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 21, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The epic failures are the most fun to watch.

e.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

This is where you claim the wiley panther pilot as a bondsman, right?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Congrats man!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Just caught up with 2 years of posts, and I gotta say, glad crabs are still awesome and also glad to have seen all the dead elementals.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Those who had their turn, will not be named. He does it to keep the post viewable.

Added incentive to strive for MVP status.

crabs 4 lyfe

e. god drat, the elemental massacre was 4 and a half years ago.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Gonna vote for c, although I gotta ask, was that update implying that comstar set off the nuke under the HPG, or just that they had the capability?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Don't need to guess, the fluff stated that the nuke went off when it didn't get an hourly all clear check-in signal from the ComStar admin building or the secondary base that GoonLevelII just defended and disappeared into a nuclear fireball.

Yeah, wow, I just glossed over that sentence the first few times I read it. Whoops

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I have two Battletech books. One of these is Wolves on the Border, and is great. The other is Tactics of Duty, which features Jaime Wolf and Grayson Carlyle reenacting the battle of Gettysburg... with battlemechs. Also people taking down Victors with battle armour and agromechs. The little blurb from the middle of the book that sits on the front page to get you hooked has a typo right in the middle of it. Urbanmechs that fail at doing what Urbanmechs excel at. Did I mention that they REENACTED THE BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG WITH BATTLEMECHS AND IT LASTED ABOUT 10% OF THE BOOK? Thankfully someone tries to kill Carlyle in the middle of it to keep it from dragging on any longer. Sadly, he continues to be unkillable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Psion posted:

Look at all these people taking this scenario way too seriously by actually trying to play the game correctly. why back in my day we just submitted orders without even knowing if they were legal! Uphill in the snow both ways!

:v:

Psh, back in my day we just got wiped off the face of a dropship without even understanding the horrors we were facing.

• Locked thread