Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

landcollector posted:

Watch as "Elementals show up, EVERYBODY DIES" occurs, just like in canonverse! :neckbeard:

Eponas Cs, all the Epona Cs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Not directly related to this thread, really, but seeing as how it is the best thing to come out of MWO ever so far, I had to link it here for a wider battletech audience to enjoy:

The Urbanemech cockpit item.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
It's telling that the MWO AC2 does 2000% more dps than the TT one, and is still utter garbage.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
So many LoS misses, jeeze.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Goonstarcompany better not blow this poo poo now by another turn of botched orders like earlier in the mission! WE'VE COME TOO FAR FOR THIS!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
DC: Steve for MVP- Hastur was plain more deadly, but no one danced like he did.
HH: Hastur.

Opfor: That one who pushed the stormcrow in to the water, legged the atlas, and got someone else, to boot, I think?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Because that would be amazing.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Option A, because the potential for mech + hovercraft death races with flanking + turning checks everywhere is just too good to pass up.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Time for an Experimental RAC/20!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
God damnit players we demand more orders for our entertainment! Who cares if they're bad orders, this is very far from the super serious make or break of the last campaign!

(I also believe in Andrew Steiner, in the best 80s-90s action movie style of believing.)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

KnoxZone posted:

Keep the pressure on! They are about to overheat. Andrew Steiner is surely right.

And they surely aren't going to then fail a shutdown roll and stackpole right next to someone, either!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yup, you can't beat that ending- The avenging hero, striding through the fire and flame, and ending the fight with one last shot from his borrowed pistol.

Hogarth and the Atlas II

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
As amazing as DEATH RACE CLAN THOUSAND sounded in the last vote, I don't know how we ever really end up topping this last turn. (Although the victorious DFA to end the entire Death Commandos campaign comes pretty close).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
A and A!

Maximum :black101:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Pussy Cartel posted:

Actually, you know what? I'm changing my vote to E: Sure, as long as we get to come with you., too.

This would be a pretty badass option.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yea, A->E if it's an option for the Marik vote.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Gimmick Account posted:

Every scenario makes someone angry. Serious business, and all that. I just think it's a missed opportunity.

I'm pretty happy with that outcome in PTN's fluff though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Be more scared of the cicada. Far more scared. The vehicle will go boom if you sneeze on it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
For real though, unless PTN makes a mean custom Drillson, they've all got a measly 6.5 tons of armor and 2-3 types of ammo to go boom stored in the body. Meanwhile that cicada has no ammo to blow up, more armor, and can jump 8 to be nigh unhittable at long range while plinking you with an ERPPC. It's bad news!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I just meant that there are many opportunities for the glorious MG ammo self immolation that we all know and love! I know vehicles don't use the same crit system though, yea.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

I blame it all on the Capellan Confederation just having a ton of planetary dialects. I'm sure there's probably at least one that speaks Mandarin-Khmer or Mandarin-Swahili.

I only got 6/8 orders, so there likely won't be an update today.

Playerssss!!! :argh:

(For reals just doing something random and or dumb takes all of two seconds to tell PTN, vs doing nothing :| )

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 28, 2013

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

DatonKallandor posted:

Someone tested it in a live match - no effect.

Not to continue the MWO derail, but as Mr. "I test loving every stupid thing PGI does because they have no idea what they're doing," fast fire, and every talent other than heat containment rank two works just fine in live games.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
When I'm not getting probated for mocking idiots in the MWO thread, that is :v:

In a note more related to this thread at least, If folks that frequent this thread ever want some afternoon megamek time wasting, I'm always up for a game (and am usually harassing people on Jabber about it anyhow as the 'work' day starts to drag on.)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh, that's a good call, I should idle there as well. Jabber is the Goonfleet/Word of Lowtax chat infrastructure that helps me waste time all day at work bullshitting with fellow nerdy goons.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Man, I would always be that most hated guy if I played custom designs in TT games. Just noodling around with stuff for this contest, doing a 95t quad, 19t armor, 4/6/4 with TSM 17 DHS, and 11 MPLs + 2 ERMLs.

Max heat: 58
Dissipation: 34
TSM powered jumping quad kicks with a side of hot laser rear torso death: Priceless.
:shepface:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Damaged weapons just plain don't work. All it takes is one crit on a weapon and it's out.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Olothreutes posted:

Huron Warrior here. Finally that stupid Talos is dead. That took a shamefully long time. Ok thread, now what should I shoot? Bobact or Cronus? Hunter?

VV: Well I guess that's technically an option.

Go to 824 or 825, shoot cronus in the butt.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
A 4 hex charge from a 40 tonner isn't going to do all that much, if he can even make a charge attack up two elevations (I don't know if this is or is not possible, though.)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I knew the Cicada would be an utter nightmare when the model was revealed :allears:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's the Capellan Confederation. They are virtually guaranteed to gently caress it up somehow.

That's why you vote "A" for maximum hilarity when the manufactured incident blows up spectacularly (Ideally mushroom cloud sized spectacularly).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
C for YOU DARE TO REFUSE MY BATCHALL? (Or in this case accept my batchall...)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lord Koth posted:

You're using a badly produced FedCom propaganda video as your evidence? Hilarious annotations notwithstanding.

Realistically, it's likely because they have a lot of appearances in the fiction, so they're the visible face of the more assholish side of the clans. Realistically, there's multiple clans that are worse, such as Smoke Jaguar and Steel Viper, but they're not nearly so visible. And the Jags got smoked in the original history anyways.

Incidentally, I'm voting for C, both because a small unit action would be a good break, and because I'm wondering who they're actually fighting. If it is the Clans, I'm wondering what the hell they're doing so far from the occupation zones.

You must have missed the whole "Huge task force driving straight to the NRWR with the express goal of lopping off Amaris's head." thing. They're going, and the FWL had a choice about how to respond to their demands a good few political votes back.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I would play it straight this time, as a player. I like the goofy FWL enough to not want the clans to get mad and start throwing naval PPCs and or nukes at their cities.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Raised by Hamsters posted:

Hey other players, PM me and let's get something going here.

-or-

Since I think the three (?) of us who have responded are new to this anyway, my vote would be to organize turns here in the thread as was done in the days of yore. I think it made the thread more fun to read.

I like planning turns in the thread, from the spectator POV.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Anvil to 1625 and Orion to 1724 will put you all in great positions to pound on the clan orion some more. Albatross can finish off the Anvil, and Mountain Lion can shank from 0523. Only problem is the Wraith has a backshot on the ML from there, but I think at 9 hexes you're safe from the MPLs and it might even be 10 hexes to outrange the LPL? Not sure.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Wales could even jump to 1726 for more hurt on the Orion if he shows back up!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

paragon1 posted:

With the way Poptarts's dice have been rolling they have no loving chance at all.

The dice help those who help themselves :colbert:

(By not wasting fire!)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Good plan!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
In fluff terms, sure, in real terms, the Death Commandos were mostly better (Some considerably better).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I would love to see if the players can hold fire and send the clanners a message tossing the Rim Worlders straight under the bus and asking if they can tag along to get some payback!

• Locked thread