Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Banshee pilot complaining about Ghost heat my be your sneakiest pun yet, PTN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

My condolences.

The same happened to me a few weeks past. She was awesome and died of cancer, meaning I mostly sat around staring for hours at my screen. Take your time PTN

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

1 because I wanna see the Commonwealth burn

Same vote from me, but for a different reason. Like I mentioned in the last mission, this entire operation is just standard Steiner procedure. Tons and tons of hardware thrown at the enemy who are then free to outmanoeuvre the lyrans unless they can weather the punishment. So, yes, 1 all the way.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Switching my vote to 4. I really wanted to see my initial choice of 1 but thems the breaks.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Coffeehitler posted:

So what you're saying is that we voted for the collapse of the Inner Sphere.

Heck yes, best vote did win

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Marik for sure. Not for any particular reason except they are so loosely defined , at least in my mind. And Steiner after that I guess because Katrina was a fun villain. If you were expecting me to pick one of the Clans what with my wanting to see them win here then you would be wrong, other then the Jade Falcons of the Tv series.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

vorebane posted:

A: Operation Nemesis King Stevie Must Die

All of these are great though.

A creates Maximum chaos, and will always be my choice.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nice and cozy. A great place for a picnic or possibly shooting lasers at Amaris or Cappies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

All these numbers just confuse me and .and me accept I will never play a proper game of BT.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I told you not to try that DFA man, now look what you did.

In all seriousness stay safe and get better.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Having been playing the Battletech Beta for the last few days, I'm not sure which of the two systems I'd compare it to. But then I was never too big on the BT rules anyway.

Great job as always everyone.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

RA Rx posted:

yesssssss

pleaze don't kill uncle Amaris...

This but do actually kill him. And every Amaris.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Scintilla posted:

If the Demon Hawks are all murdered by Clan headhunters I would punch through my laptop screen. Then I'd buy another one and keep reading.
See? Now you have to do it PTN, it is the perfect plot twist. We need a new Kentares massacre event to reinvigorate the war.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 9, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Autocorrect problems?

Never saw BattleTech as X-Com before, but I guess the new game's beta contributed to that and now I can't get it out of my head...

Yeah, my phone sometimes decides to make typing and showing what I wrote at the same time be nearly impossible. I blame Comstar, which incidentally my phone corrected to Comcast.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

C Akiraaaaaaaa

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Back Hack posted:

G Time to have a family reunion on the graves of their enemies.

The NRWR taking of the kiddie gloves? I smell war crimes in the making

Pretty much. Even if they are not told to do warcrimes in any fashion they are going to be doing missions behind enemy lines with little chance of direct comms with HQ, delivering revenge for the death of a beloved leader. So I am getting my New Kentares after all!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Late to the vote, but obviously, C Purge the heretic you say?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Artificer posted:

OPFor just got Battletech'd.

The new Btech multiplayer beta had something similar happen. An Urbanmech jumped onto my pristine assault mech as I thought I was wiping the enemy out and he hit his head and BAM, battle lost.

It was so fun.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A was there ever any doubt?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hm, what's the best way to show the scale of this monster I've created? Oh, I know!

I'll plop a DropShip next to it! :supaburn:

Each hex is 30 meters squared, and that building occupies 91 hexes. That is nearly 3 square kilometers of building.

Just plop it onto the stadium, that'll make for some nice explosions.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Weissritter posted:

Going with this.

Yeah I can't not vote for that, even as you murdered one of my precious clanners.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Spider lost his leg, grabs the arm, jumps up, and smashes the cockpit. Clan surrenders due to acute arachnophobia.

You know, there probably wouldn't be a good reason to bring along actual spiders on the Exodus ships. After all, they might eat all the Fleas and then where would the Clans be?

Arachnophobia makes total sense.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

B

Making the hero of the hour give up his mantle to become a political figurehead is Mass Effect enough for me.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Missed another vote and another chance for Clanner PCs. Oh well.

Maybe we'll get a cool new timeline soon!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

New tactics, just keep aiming for the head.

That's the most headshots I ever saw, even counting those with cluster ammo.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Last night, but yeah.

They were both melee kills too, on the same mission. One was an Urbie Bonk and the other was a DFA.

Here you go

And the DFA

That's just beautiful. I love the urbie even more now.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, we got ~3 inches of rain in a 45 minute stretch (in a city that usually gets 3 total inches of rain in May). Long story short, my bedroom flooded.

I should have it all cleaned up by Sunday so it shouldn't impact my update schedule, but I'm giving an early FYI just in case. :saddowns:

Next scenario better be water-based combat. Ships, mech torpedoes, swimming elementals. The works!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Back Hack posted:

Sweep the legs!

If you haven't already, go watch Cobra Kai.

Also, more well-wishes to you PTN. Hope things turn out better with the flooding problems.

Edit: Unless we get some shooting down like the last few rounds, we might see the elusive "Players don't win" scenario. As a clan supporter, I am not sure how to feel about that, since this is the Society after all.

Then again the reason I am a supporter is because of how hilariously silly things would turn out if they win, so a win for the Society or general clans is a win in my book anyway.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

vorebane posted:

Oh crap, the NRWR wants to start playing Mechassault 2, we can't let them get any more Starcores!

Sir, that game is giving off some strange readings....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

I AM GOING TO BUILD A WALL
AND I WILL MAKE THE INNER SPHERE PAY FOR IT

I'm just saying, when we capture Bondsmen, we aren't capturing their best

If you wanted to find a good way for me to switch allegiances away from the Clans, you succeeded.

• Locked thread