Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Bought some new mics for work. These were always my favorite style over the ratcheting thimble thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

:pray: :worship:

It's all fun and games until you do nothing but sand for 8 hours a day and it's 95 degrees and you're covered in sawdust/sweat paste.

Ha, yea there are definitely easier trade jobs than others.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Always just lurked this thread but had something today I wanted to share. I was replacing my kitchen sink faucet and the plastic nuts underneath were all jacked up and I couldn't loosen them. I got my wife a whole Dremel kit for her crafting projects for Christmas. It was a pretty nice set that came in a nice toolbox.

Decided to see if there was something in there I could use, turns out it has the flex shaft which was very useful. And there was actually a little 2 flute endmill in there, which was unexpected.

In any case, I used that little endmill to cut those plastic nuts in half. So yea, Dremels are awesome.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

kid sinister posted:

Next time, use a basin wrench. You'll be glad you did.

I would've if I had one, but I was already in the middle of the job and didn't know they existed until I looked up how to get them off.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Honestly I was mainly surprised and delighted to find an end mill in the Dremel assortment.