Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

We don't go dancing at the club with babies. We go baby clubbing.
this summer i'm looking to upgrade my setup and i was looking at the infinity p363 series speakers for fronts. Anyone have any experience with them?

or should i just get the polk 60's (or 70's)

film_critic fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

Lowness 72 posted:

I'm with dragonkeeper. I really want to pull the trigger on a pair of those Polk towers because of the price and the reviews (and I think the cherry looks great). But I'd really lime to hear them in action first. I just have no idea where I can go to listen to a pair. It seems newegg is the only one selling them.

FYI big sale on all Polk on newegg for memorial day.

thanks for the heads up on that sale. I'm going to pick up the monitor 60's and the cs2 center. Will report back in when they are all setup.

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

Lowness 72 posted:

Just curious - why the monitor 60s vs the 70s?

Also what receiver did you pick up? Or did you already have something

the 60's should be enough sound, and they were on sale for 120$/speaker from 150$/speaker (20% off) vs the 70's were 180$/speaker from 200$/speaker (10% off) so it was a better deal to get the 60's. I had thought about getting the 70's for more money at the original price, but when the 60's were 120$ cheaper per set... i'd just assume save the money. I also got the cs2 over the cs20 because from what i can tell its the same speaker for 50$ less...

i'll also be getting a subwoofer soon so i'm not to worried about the 8hz range difference in the bass.

I have a harmon kardon 7.1 receiver from a few years ago that runs fine. i think the the 240 version?
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-AVR-240-7-1-Channel-Receiver/dp/B000BOC05I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306271217&sr=8-1
This?

film_critic fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 24, 2011

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

I lost the mic to calibrate my HK AVR247, is there anyway to order a replacement or can i use some sort of generic mic to calibrate? I finally got my system all hooked up and i want it to sound as nice as possible, though i think its pretty nice as is right now. Polk 60's, cs2, BIC h100 sub, and 2 klipsch bookshelf surrounds.