Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I want to set up my living room for my friends to hang out after shows and I need some better speakers. Budget is like $1k (can do more if needed). subwoofer definitely needed because its mostly EDM and hop hop stuff.

If anyone can recommend what to buy i can figure out setup and wiring and all that, or if active speakers actually are good now that's cool too.

also i will be putting up acoustic dampening stuff, just gotta do the research on that too haha

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

trilobite terror posted:

Seems like you want music performance over surround sound capability, right? Are you interested in surround or does 2.1 seem like a better fit for you? Do you plan to setup a turntable or tape deck, CD player, etc or is it all gonna be streaming/digital audio?

Yeah music quality is definitely the most important here. It will be used with streaming most of the time unless someone is bringing their deck to mess around with. Bluetooth kind of sucks in general. Are there like lightweight music streaming devices I could hook up to the speakers and control via wifi or something?

2.1 is good surround is not important

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 11, 2024

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mederlock posted:

For wifi streaming , the Wiim Mini's are hard to beat

Actually decided I will just hook it all up to my TV (where i can stream stuff already) and move my surround sound setup to my other TV where i watch most of my stuff anyways.