Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Picked up a Denon 1912 over the weekend and need speakers to pair with it. I wasn't planning on spending so much and it looks like speakers are even more of an expense. I figure I will go with Polk monitors 60 or 70. They're on sale on Newegg for $114 and $179. Is the jump in sound so great as to make the $55 difference worth it?

edit: I'll eventually add the other bits but drat this is spendy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

How does one deal with speaker spikes on hardwood floors? I figured it would be simple to get some sort of pad to sit them on but it looks as though that might screw with the sound. I've already put a good gash into the new hardwood and I's like to avoid doing it again.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Thanks to this thread I am piecing all my equipment together this weekend.

I hope this isn't a dumb question but I'm stuck. I have my Rega P3 feeding through an iFi Zen Phono pre-amp to my Yamaha A-S701. Thing is, I am getting horrible sound when connecting to the A-S701's Phono input. Music sounds wonderful on the other inputs. Any thoughts on what the cause would be? I'm pretty new to all this.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

That makes total sense and serves me right for using ChatGPT to troubleshoot my poo poo.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

DMP-A6 vs. Geshelli J2S maxed out with a WiiM Pro?

Would the sound quality edge out the flashiness of the screen?