Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cregets
Nov 21, 2002

I'm in the market for a system that I can play with my movies/PS3 and music from my PC as well. I have an apartment that isn't conducive to setting up a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system. Is my best bet a 3.1 system? I like the speakers set jonathan posted. Would it be acceptable to get just a pair of the floor speakers for 199 and the center channel for 79 along with a receiver? Which of the receivers in the OP would be the best if this is the set up I wanted to go with? I've used Onkyo before and loved it, but it seems like the 260 might be overkill for what I need. I want to stay under $500 for everything if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cregets
Nov 21, 2002

jonathan posted:

Also, for music listening from the computer, I recommend streaming it over the playstation. No real point these days of running extra rca cables when so many streaming options exist.

Yeah, I stream videos a lot from the PS3, but I don't really like the interface for music playing. However, the computer desk is pretty much right next to the TV so the wires wont have to go to terribly far. Also, it's really a condo that I will be in. It's in Veer Towers on the Las Vegas strip. The sales people assured me of course that I will not be able to hear other residents because of the quality of the building (:rolleyes:) but I have yet to move in, so that will be found out soon enough.