Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elegant drapery
Oct 11, 2004
I'm looking to get my first audio system, but I'm planning to do it in several steps as money allows.
TV use is currently 10% TV, 30% movies, 30% Xbox, 30% computer games (will be a lot more once BF3 comes out)

Am I doing any of this wrong, or should I change the order of any of these?

Step one:
Receiver (Denon-391)
L&R Speakers

Step two:
Center speaker
Sub

Final:
L&R rear

My budget for step one is $500 which allows for $250 for front speakers. Is that a lot for an entry level system? Or could I get a nice center speaker + sub along with the two fronts with the $250 left after getting the receiver? I have a lot of woodworking tools and could easily make my own stands for speakers, so I'm unsure about getting floor standing speakers. Other than that, I have no brand/type preference or anything, and I still need to go to stores and listen to different speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elegant drapery
Oct 11, 2004
Is it only one wire per speaker to receiver? Or is it power + sound to the receiver? I'm having trouble finding out how many wires I need ahead of time.
Looking to get These before the sale ends as my front mains, since I will be getting a center as well.

elegant drapery
Oct 11, 2004
Alright, so I only need to get 4 banana clips + speaker wire cut to size per speaker.
I have never had anything but tv speakers, I can't wait to buy everything and get it all set up.