Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If you're doing some hosed up poo poo with your arms and legs up there you have to be careful to keep control of the body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I will: get fingers stuck in my butthole, stick fingers into other's buttholes, rub myself on dudes who have not showered in weeks, submit to what is basically torture to make weight, and wear a singlet, but I will never touch a woman with consent I am not married to in the eyes of god.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If someone trys to RNC you just do this

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

fawker posted:

Didn't Mir actually weight-train for like the first time in his life for that fight, bulking up to a little over 165? or was that for his fight with Carwin?

Over 165?? :monocle: Surely he must have been on roids.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I saw a video of him doing an armdrag->single->back combo like ten times to different people it was pretty slick.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Neurosis posted:

Reminder that is how the Fertitas and Dana would settle any conflict according to Zuffa's constitution, so in some cases it can be that cool.

Actually it's only if the Fertittas have a disagreement amongst eachother.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
It's a bit dicky but if you have a free arm you can bash your forearm under their nose and pull their head up that way revealing their throat

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

OrangeCrush posted:

They discourage white belts from competing at your school?

Reminder that this is for Judo not BJJ so white is only the really beginning beginners

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

fawker posted:

Thanks for the help guys, I'll probably pick it up. I really like working from closed guard because I have these stupid strong legs that I got from being a former fatty that are REALLY good at keeping people in my guard and controlling them :)

I hope your work in the closed guard isn't limited to "press as hard as you can" because that's something some people do and it's really dumb and ineffective. Closed guard in general is more of a stalling position, you have to open it up for most subs or sweeps

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Seriously though is there a translation for "omoplate" or is it just a made up word?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Cool.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
i feel like legs should be mentioned in the omoplata. tibial shoulder lock or femoral or something

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Who Gotch Ya posted:

If the guy taps out you win. It doesn't matter if he got a million points before you beat him. You still beat him.

Chael Sonnen disagrees.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
It's me, mate. I'm your coach.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

That pic makes it look like Filho has stumps instead of hands.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

mobn posted:

glow in the dark

Mobn how tan are you yourself?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Well it hasn't got anything to do with grappling really, it's just the question of whether the universe is deterministic if we know all variables.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Reverse triangle from under side control is pretty cool and easy to get if they have their arm between your legs you just gotta push their head in between and lock it up.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
So today I used a calf crusher variation where you use your forearm as a fulcrum and then compresses using your leg. It was pretty dope, but the position to get it was weird as poo poo, like half back mounted, kinda like where you'd go for a kneebar.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
You can try to get the back you can try to go for a guillotine, or any sort of guillotine variation (anaconda, peruvian necktie etc.)

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

nemoulette posted:

didn't Bravo abandon the gi a pretty long time ago? It just strikes me as weird since I never see non-10th planet people in clips with that sort of rigout other than those submission 101 jerks. If anything, I see no offensive benefit (since you can't grab the fabric) other than possibly the hygienic aspect.

Sub101 are tenth planet affiliated

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Today I wore spats and hit that reverse calf crusher.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Have you ever heard of Jon "Bones" Jones

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I signed up for my first comp, 400 competitors, 59 of those in my weight/skill group, nogi beginners <168lbs.
So stoked/nervous. Calf crushers forbidden in the rules unfortunately, I had been hitting them quite consistently in the gym.

Gonna have to concentrate on takedowns and guard passing, we luckily don't have as many wrestlefuckers sandbagging as in the states I hope.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I'll do the logo.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

niethan posted:

I signed up for my first comp, 400 competitors, 59 of those in my weight/skill group, nogi beginners <168lbs.
So stoked/nervous. Calf crushers forbidden in the rules unfortunately, I had been hitting them quite consistently in the gym.

Gonna have to concentrate on takedowns and guard passing, we luckily don't have as many wrestlefuckers sandbagging as in the states I hope.
So here are the results.

Got taken down with a single, then had a pretty active guard and won the first by catching a reverse triangle while getting my guard passed. Almost got his back from the half guard at one point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyjEshge2tQ

In the second I got dominated pretty much and kinda gave up when the RNC locked in and tapped pretty fast without really fighting it :smith:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noJeXrlyfeg

Was a fun experience all in all, did ok for only training grappling so seldom. Dude who defeat me went on to the finals, where he got dqd for reaping the leg.

Critique obviously welcome, else I wouldn't post this poo poo here.

niethan fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 26, 2012

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
His priority was (luckily) on coaching me

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

CivilDisobedience posted:

Many of BJJ's wrist, shoulder, spine, leg, finger and toe attacks were common in JJJ.
BJJ's finger and toe attacks?!?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

CivilDisobedience posted:

That news to you? There's a lot of subs in BJJ that don't show up in competitions for obvious reasons. It's pretty easy to tap a person by taking hold of the foot and carefully curling their toes under with your palm (My first encounter with toe attacks was actually in Judo)

Oh yeah the toe hold, forgot about that.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Anyone have a joint crackle like rice crispies? I got americanad in a comp yesterday, opponent yanked it so before I tapped my elbow made this really loud crackling sound like someone stepping on cornflakes or something, ref heard it and opponent heard it so he stopped yanking. No sharp pain or anything, just feels really sore, still today. Did a couple of strands of muscle tear?

Didn't tap tho
:smuggo:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

the least weasel posted:

It happened to me in my first ever grappling match, the same lock too actually, didn't feel any pain at all and continued to do four more matches but the next morning my arm was completely locked in position since my elbow had swollen up. Some little thing inside had broken off apparently. Still didn't hurt much though it took about a week for the swelling to go down.
Luckily mine isn't as bad, I have full flexibility still, and also was able to get tapped twice after that!

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Here is a video of me getting americanad, it happens around 4:55. Pretty uneventful, until that. Went for the half guard quite a lot, trying to get the underhook and take the back, didn't really manage to hit that though. Not impressed with my performance. But then again my ankle looked like this
two weeks ago so I wasn't really comfortable shooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyT-_Zx1t4A

Also here is my first match of the competition, missing the first half for some reason. Got my back taken but rolled us out of bounds so we were reset in that position where the video starts. I was trying a calf crusher at 2:30 but the ref told me they're not allowed, so I stopped going for it. Later it turned out they were allowed actually, so in my mind I could have tapped that dude for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok49R2Z64fg

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The kids name is Danny Downes.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I think your bicep?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!