Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That Minolta is cool as hell, goddamn.

Also this should be considered as well :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I have a series of questions for the dude in the hitler shirt but i'm not sure where exactly to start

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

deaders posted:

Oh hey look what I found while cleaning out some boxes of crap, my old waterproof p&s from the 90's. I love this camera, just need to get some more CR123 batteries to see if it still works.

Check local surplus stores. One near me always seems to have a ton of them on the cheap.

Also that thing is awesome.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the XA2 is cool and good, even with a crap photographer like me

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

how loving long is that tie? :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that is goddamn awesome

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I love that there is seriously zero info on this camera on google or anywhere. It must have been some little promotional giveaway or something.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

Is using the time stamp on your photos hacky?

no, it owns

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yes :getin:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

that is not the camera you are looking for

I got it for free and it works. I'm not about to complain

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

For $11 I'd be thrilled to have two functional cameras. Go shoot the hell out of 'em

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

I'm angry at my XA at the moment, but have a photo:

Bye Summer by spike mccue, on Flickr

i dig this a lot

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I like my XA2 a lot but I can count on one hand the amount of times I've used the flash on it. By itself it's awesome to load with some 800 and stash in a pocket though

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SMERSH Mouth posted:

All this talk about the XA got me interested in 'fixing' my XA2. Its shutter button had gone mushy and wouldn't even fire about one out of every four or five tries. So it functioned, but not very well. Really had to wiggle the button to trigger it.

This is what you have to do:

This is awesome, glad you got it working better

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aricoarena posted:

speaking of XA's

holy poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

elgarbo posted:

In lieu of any actual decent photographs by myself, enjoy this image shot by wife of me emulating a gangster in front of the almighty Big Potato of Robertson, NSW.

gently caress yes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Meaty Ore posted:

I just picked up both a MInolta Freedom Zoom 90c and 90EX QD today; got them both for free. Does anybody know if they're decent cameras?

For free I'd just be happy if they function. I wouldn't do much zooming because man they look slow as hell on the long end.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hi liter posted:

Adding to the 'I just bought' chat - anyone have experience with the Nikon Action Touch? Picked up a BGN quality copy on KEH yesterday as a birthday present to myself.

A friend still owns one and he loves it, but the focus dial thing on top takes some getting used to.

As underwater film cameras go it's probably one of the best. I think it's only meant for like swimming pool depth but for goofing around it's pretty fun. As standard P&S cameras go I've never heard complaints.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I have the stylus epic zoom and i've been very happy with it, those should be going for a ton less than the fixed length ones.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I dig this :cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yo i dig all of these

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah as film P&S cameras go you're gonna be pretty limited these days. The XA4 is all I can think of offhand that's fairly common.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

man i am so much happier now that i got the fixed lens stylus epic

00000018 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

00000015 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

k-zed posted:

i've gone full lomo and shot a roll of long expired color film in my dodgy Stylus Epic:

Dig this a lot :cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mactheknife posted:

Bought an Olympus Stylus Zoom DLX and Pentax IQZoom 835 at a charity sale this weekend. Don't need them both, so assuming they both work (still haven't tested but they look brand new), which one should I keep?

The Stylus Zoom has more reach and is rain/splash proof. I have the fixed 35mm f/2.8 version now but I still use it from time to time and have always been pretty happy with it.

E: I'm assuming you mean this one. "Stylus Zoom" means quite a few similarly-named models unfortunately.

E2: If you mean the black body with the 35-70mm zoom, I know that's still splash/rain proof as well.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 13, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Honestly, I'd just keep whichever one you want. I think the only advantage the oly has is weather sealing, but lord knows what condition that's in after it's been around for so long. They both look pretty portable.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hi liter posted:

I have a Nikon Action Touch that I I've been shooting with for the last few months. Yesterday while changing a role of film, the camera stopped being able to wind the roll to the next frame.

When there is no film in the camera, the shutter will fire, the film counter will advance and the auto winder appears to work, but when I put in a roll of film it dies. Is this just a sign that the motor inside is toast? Or is this something which can get repaired?

That sounds like a bad motor, yeah. I'd poke around and see if a shop near you can get a look at it, those are pretty fun cameras

E: I have no idea what they run for though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thy're all cool but i really like this

• Locked thread