Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

killingthebest posted:

I absolutely LOVE my XA

I just bought an XA, fits so nicely in a pocket!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

FasterThanLight posted:

Not necessarily! I found a T4 for $2 once, and found another at a garage sale for $20 just a week later.

You guys are lukcy, I think I've been to every thrift store/goodwill in town and haven't found anything worth while.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

nemoulette posted:

I think she's be more into something more vintagey (and less 90s) looking. Choices, choices...

XA came out in 1979!

For what it's worth, I hate my XA. Only time I get a photo in focus is luck. The rangefinder patch is so dim I can barely see it, even on a bright sunny day.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

HPL posted:

I have to be honest, I'm not super impressed with the Electro. It has a very loud shutter, it's big and heavy and I haven't found it to be any better to work with than any other fixed lens rangefinder.

The Olympus 35RC on the other hand, that is a sexy beast.

The Electro 35 CC is pretty sexy too, but I'm with you on the more common G/GS/GSN/GT/GTN, they're a bit big.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Lord Rupert posted:

Are there any other suggestions for a wide, like 30mm or less, point and shoots that I should consider. I know about the Vivitar Wide & Slim so I am curious about other options. The cheaper the better I would say!

Nikon 28TI, expensive though.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Is Fuji Color 200 different than Superia 200?

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Miso Beno posted:

Where should I post then? Im so alooooone.

The mirrorless thread!

To be fair, it's about as point and shoot as it got in the 60s and it uses film, so it belongs in both threads :colbert:

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Miso Beno posted:

It's definitely not the flash charging. The transformer whine increase in pitch as it reaches it's charge. The under exposed warning alarm (it's a feature!) is a steady high pitched tone that only squawks at you when the shutter release is half-pressed.

e: I should just take a video tonight.

My Nikon FG beeps at you if you're shooting AE and the shutter speed is too slow to handhold.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

more infinity stylus epic (aka i.s.e.)

Nothing by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

Break by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

A Home by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

Leaving by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

These work really well as a series, but I didn't think Acros got that grainy (I've only used it in 120 though).

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Sega Saturn posted:

I have a question about my XA because I'm bad at photography... I've got the original XA and an A11 flash. The flash has settings for 100 and 400 ASA, but which (or neither if that's the right answer) should I use if I want to use flash with say... 200 speed film?

I'd go with 100, you should err on the side of overexposure with negative film.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Chill Callahan posted:

Has anybody had any experience modding a Stylus Epic by placing translucent colored tape over the light meter? Mine tends to underexpose photos and I might try to do something like this to correct it.

You could always modify the DX code on the film canister so the camera thinks it's lower ISO than it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DX_encoding

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

SMERSH Mouth posted:

A few steps down from the pinnacle, and you have good options like the XA2 or L35AF. My friend could be goaded into springing for one of those, but I'm curious if there aren't some truly 'cheap and cheerful' p&s cameras out there; cameras that don't suck, but generally go for $60 or less. Any recommendations?

I think the original Stylus (not epic) sells for a lot less.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I bought a Ricoh GR1s, the lcd on top is pretty much done, but otherwise it works great and I love it.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

There's the Olympus XA4

eggsovereasy