Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is the coolest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

omg chael crash posted:

Figured I’d say something eventually — Jase faked his death.

After more than a few weeks of investigation last year, we found him posting still on an older Twitter account. Also, we learned that he never owned the bar and restaurant he claimed to, and the woman he was married to seemed to have always been married to another man.

In other words, Jase pulled off the ultimate Jase gambit. A+

He also still plays Call of Duty under the same Activision name lol
Lol I told Jase’s story to my mom of all people and she said it seemed extremely sus

Now who had this parlay??

e: “i can pay more than the UFC” off the Spivac bet was a loving god-tier con. I’m glad no one here got 419’d.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 12, 2023

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

times sure do change dont they

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jase if you see this. i hope your pm all those years ago was sent in earnest.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
ban jase1 if he doesn’t tape his spivac-hardy bet slip to his balls

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
This is the funniest poo poo I have ever read

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Jase 100% come back lol. none of us are mad. legendary commitment to the bit if true

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
my theory is that it’s a Prestige like thing and the pool hustling stories are true. think about it: one guy doesn’t know how to play, plays like poo poo/okay, then you switch them out for the other Jase(Jase2???) and they come in and smash. this also would explain the blackout betting.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Man I thought this was more likely than not a fake death / bets. But I never said anything or really post all that much. Anyways that's my 2 cents!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Jase 100% come back lol. none of us are mad. legendary commitment to the bit if true

There are plenty of us hurt by this who thought we were somewhat close with him.

I’m not just speaking for myself. I’ve talked with goons that spent the last year of his “life” playing video games with him and providing consolation for his terminal struggle.

I do agree that all of it is funny in some ways, but there is also a lot of hurt for those of us personally betrayed.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Karma Tornado posted:

lmao this is the greatest website in the world.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

I believe he actually did place some large bets — some other goon works as a bookie and took the bets himself

Pre pandemic yeah

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are plenty of us hurt by this who thought we were somewhat close with him.

I’m not just speaking for myself. I’ve talked with goons that spent the last year of his “life” playing video games with him and providing consolation for his terminal struggle.

I do agree that all of it is funny in some ways, but there is also a lot of hurt for those of us personally betrayed.

man that’s loving insane. good on you guys to do that. he like conversed with you about his illness while playing games? that’s incredibly wild

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
there was a study done that concluded that spoiling a piece of entertainment won't affect a viewer's enjoyment with the piece. i now understand these results. that was some pretty loving good long term lying dude. and you lied about some poo poo that i feel would have gotten you called out if you weren't lying really loving well. good poo poo.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yeah to be clear jase is absolutely catching a ban if he comes back after faking his own death for forum fun, it's funny but don't be crazy, if he wants to pay the tax he can

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Jase1 slowly walking out of the hospital like Keyser Soze. He’s limping, but his walking begins to get more normal. Eventually he stops and lights a cigarette. A car pulls up and he gets in. The driver hands him a Steam Deck. he loads up Call Of Duty and smirks as the car pulls off. it’s unclear what he gained by all this

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

yeah to be clear jase is absolutely catching a ban if he comes back after faking his own death for forum fun, it's funny but don't be crazy, if he wants to pay the tax he can

Carl what the gently caress. if he comes back I will take the ban and pay the tax in his stead. I will absolutely take the bullet for a guy pulling a YEARS long con consisting of 100s of thousand of words for…? some people to play Call of Duty with? to tell fake pool hustling stories? i gotta know.

how is that not the exact type of posting we want to encourage??

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jase1 slowly walking out of the hospital like Keyser Soze. He’s limping, but his walking begins to get more normal. Eventually he stops and lights a cigarette. A car pulls up and he gets in. The driver hands him a Steam Deck. he loads up Call Of Duty and smirks as the car pulls off. it’s unclear what he gained by all this

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lmbo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

as the gambling mod (what's this thread doing here?), i always felt like jase1 stories were a bit too surreal to be true, just way too interesting of a story to have happened. but obviously i had no pool hall experience other than watching the color of money so maybe that poo poo did go down.

seemed like bad manner to call out someone for it. but i legitimately thought i had read that someone confirmed they knew jase1 and that he was actually dying. someone fess up!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Nah come on dude, I dunno that I'd classify him never posting again as "forum fun", I can't speak to the people he privately played video games with and what their conversations were like but that was also not on the forums so :shrug:.

I kinda feel like a dick for asking this but I guess at this point gently caress it, does anyone know if he he was actually sick and just the treatments worked or was it all bullshit from the start? I guess that if it's the latter then I'm maybe finding the whole thing somewhat less funny.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Strong Sauce posted:

as the gambling mod (what's this thread doing here?), i always felt like jase1 stories were a bit too surreal to be true, just way too interesting of a story to have happened. but obviously i had no pool hall experience other than watching the color of money so maybe that poo poo did go down.

seemed like bad manner to call out someone for it. but i legitimately thought i had read that someone confirmed they knew jase1 and that he was actually dying. someone fess up!
When you gamble as much as he does (well said he did) you don't succeed, you eventually nuke your life unless you have some other form of income or you have inherited a whole bunch of money or something.

This is just the way it is. I was around degenerate gamblers for 25 years, I'm a 15 years out of it and I'm so glad. He probably did the pool stuff and when you have to do that--- when you're a hustler like that it genuinely means your morals aren't the same. You win from others weakness, always.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Nah come on dude, I dunno that I'd classify him never posting again as "forum fun", I can't speak to the people he privately played video games with and what their conversations were like but that was also not on the forums so :shrug:.

I kinda feel like a dick for asking this but I guess at this point gently caress it, does anyone know if he he was actually sick and just the treatments worked or was it all bullshit from the start? I guess that if it's the latter then I'm maybe finding the whole thing somewhat less funny.

Carl what the gently caress. if he comes back I will take the ban and pay the tax in his stead. I will absolutely take the bullet for a guy pulling a YEARS long con consisting of 100s of thousand of words for…? some people to play Call of Duty with? to tell fake pool hustling stories? i gotta know.

how is that not the exact type of posting we want to encourage??

I think two things are true here: For one, it was pretty funny, and for two, it was, objectively, pretty hosed up. Realistically, he would have been permabanned on account of death had part of his death-faking not been his last request being to waive the permaban because his wife might use it, which, in hindsight, is hilariously obvious.

This is funny but it also sucks, and I personally think that both things being true, it's by no means worth permabanning him over it if he did want to come back but it is worth making him pay the gently caress you, don't do that poo poo again ban tax. People eat bans over a lot less than faking their internet deaths and his many gambling winnings, I'm sure, could cover the ten dollars.

That said, that's my take and Brut, you're senior mod, here, so it's your call if he decides he wants to come back in the first place.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I vote to pardon jase

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I guess best case scenario is he comes back and posts something along the lines of 'fine i'll pay the tax, hit me', I just think if he does come back and gets insta-hit with a ban and just...doesn't re-reg, kinda everyone loses? but also I agree with basically everything you said so I have no idea.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

jase1 rise from your grave, it's halloween. you've been summoned.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
im gonna lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lol

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Hoping for a Halloween miracle lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I loving love this website

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

MotU posted:

drat lost the over/under because I said 6 feet

lol

I also mostly believed most of it because I guess I am too honest and I can't picture myself getting any enjoyment out of making all that poo poo up. I figure there has to be at least a kernel of truth to some of it, being at least amateur level myself in both, he at least knew enough about pool and cards to sound like he knew what he was talking about.

I'm not really mad myself either, but I wasn't personally invested in anything beyond reading some fun stories, but I can easily get it why someone else would rightfully be pissed.

I imagine the reason was something like "looking for attention" or "for the lulz" or something, but as other people have said, I wouldn't mind hearing it from the horse's mouth or from anyone else with any insight.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if only someone took him up on the offer to play him at pool for a loan

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
there’s a part in one of the David Blaine celebrity things where he sticks a needle through his arm but is acting like he’s faking it. and really freaking Ricky Gervais out, because Blaine keeps suggesting that it’s fake despite it seemingly being impossible to fake that close. eventually Blaine has Gervais pull it out. and Gervais is well and truly freaked out until he realizes the genius of it, that Blaine is really just sticking the needle right through his arm.

he says something like “either it’s the very best close up illusion ever, or you’ve just stuck a needle through your loving arm. either way…i mean, well done. kudos”

that’s pretty much where I land on it. either he really was a pool hustler, poker player, degenerate sports gambler, and guy with recurring cancer that went on one last insane bender in Vegas with a whole forum of people cheering him on and betting with him at levels not seen since we all collectively lost like $700 on a 900-year-old Mark Coleman, bought his wife a Lexus and died.

or he was none of that. or some of that, maybe. and he put ungodly amounts of hours into lying on a forum telling various stories. and letting people comfort him as he faked his death by playing Call of Duty with him. for months and maybe years. building up relationships as this partly or wholly fake person, and then deciding at one point that he couldn’t do it anymore, so doing what amounts to (this being the pro wrestling subforum) an in-character suicide, complete with another poster (who also may be him?) coming on and saying “please don’t ban him in case his wife wants to reach out”. but then being too lazy and/or just loving Call of Duty so much that he forgets to cover his tracks so that people figure out he didn’t really die. which also gets him nothing. you can just kinda stop posting here. you don’t really need a story. just say you’re busy with IRL. or back heavy into playing pool. or something. it’s pretty easy to even switch into a background poster. there’s not really a need for subterfuge.

so, either way, well done lol. if it’s the latter, that is such a deeply fascinating and strange thing to do. that’s like getfiscal levels of committing to the bit, but I’m not sure even he went to those levels. i have to think there are much easier ways of getting people to play CoD with you. it’s a pretty popular game. i hope he comes back and posts again.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Has anyone considered that his twin brother, jase2, might be faking his survival for unclear reasons???

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
there's no greater hustle than cheating death

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Karma Tornado posted:

lmao this is the greatest website in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

man that’s loving insane. good on you guys to do that. he like conversed with you about his illness while playing games? that’s incredibly wild

In my case, we didn’t play video games, but he did offer me jobs to try to get me to move to south Florida to work for his business. Then chat between us shifted to cancer and the future after his “death.”