Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Jase1's wife informed me that Jase passed away early this morning. I know he loved this community and site. That last run of bets and everyone joining in really meant a lot to him.

To the admins and mods through conversations I had with him outside of SA, he did not want his account permabanned. If something has to be done maybe some text under his avatar.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Shumagorath posted:

drat, I saw the account online this morning and thought he might have been ok, but no posts since May 12th said something else.

Unfortunately no.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

DeimosRising posted:

who was the feud with, i missed that completely lol

Godspeed Jase, thread will never be as fun again

There is a guy he used to play CoD with that I know for a fact he hated. I don't think the guy had any clue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
It was a respect thing. He respected you unless you disrespected him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Booyah- posted:

was he pro level? i think he mentioned some big players coming though a few times

No and he never wanted to be. He loved pool and it would have made it become a job if he went pro. He had thought about doing it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

omg chael crash posted:

Figured I’d say something eventually — Jase faked his death.

After more than a few weeks of investigation last year, we found him posting still on an older Twitter account. Also, we learned that he never owned the bar and restaurant he claimed to, and the woman he was married to seemed to have always been married to another man.

In other words, Jase pulled off the ultimate Jase gambit. A+

He also still plays Call of Duty under the same Activision name lol

Oh hell yeah. Yeah he faked his death and everything he ever posted was a lie. I got owned pretty good by befriending the guy, playing games with him for years, and believing that he was dying of cancer.

I stumbled upon him not being dead because I knew his RL name and some of his alt usernames and running across his Twitter account that was active after he "died". Sent Jeff a big pm about it but didnt tell PSP because everyone there might have been hurt by it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

omg chael crash posted:

I do truly believe his hustling and gambling stories were real — it’s what makes all of this so much funnier

They weren't. I know I told you this lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Stealth Tiger posted:

wait so we're the bets real or nah

Most likely not from what I saw. I think he was living vicariously through everyone else's bets.