Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't see how that at all makes a difference. It just sounds like you want everyone to know you partied with a fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
My bet on Siver covered all my losses and then some.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

I should really start betting real money.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes, a D1 wrestler should not be a favorite when fighting someone who just got wrestled on.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
When was the last time Anthony Johnson wrestled (I'm serious I don't know I thought he pretty much kickboxed even though he has a wrestling background)?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Bader's not fighting.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I find that hard to believe.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

niethan posted:

Doesn't Wiman have decent wrestling tho?

Yeah. Wiman is probably tougher than Sotiropolus for Siver.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'd be pretty confident on Evans over Davis and Roller over Johnson

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
But don't bet on MMA

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah Ronda does Judo, Meisha is a wrestler. When has that ever worked out for the Judoka? Yeah, never (probably a couple times yeah okay but no)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I seem to remember the Arlovski loss was because of a bad stand up from the referee, but I'm probably wrong

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Amazing

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Will Dan Miller do okay at welterweight?

Probably not

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah but her only loss was an armbar from Coenen, and that's the best thing Rousey has

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It took you 6 months but you finally got one right

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That's more like it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Elemennop posted:

Unless Mir has changed, from what I've seen, he has terrible, terrible striking defense for an elite fighter. I'm too lazy to actually research his fights, but looking it up on fightmetric, his striking defense is something around 40% compared to Cormier's 70%. That may be product of Mir being TKO'd in his couple of losses in his career, but even Roy Nelson has a higher striking defense and he lets people tee off on his head.

Cormier also hasn't hasn't fought the same level as fighters as Mir has or really any striking oriented fighters like Mir has

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You should though because every one of Mir's fights in the UFC (except for Cro Cop) own for one reason or another

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

i picked all 12

Goddamn

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

l3ruce posted:

I feel like this is a surefire loser.

I feel like Cole Miller will lose a boring decision

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dong Hyun Kim isn't as good as Fitch

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

manyak posted:

How do you know?

You're right, I don't. Its a feeling I have

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

For our mma brethren not in-the-know, betting on the Undertaker to beat Brock Lesnar is literally the safest sports bet possible. Story line is the Undertaker is 21-0 at Wrestlemania.

Not even fake fighting is safe

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Didn't Rumble get outwrestled by Vitor Belfort

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah that's really weird

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You're worried about throwing 50 dollars on Dos Anjos, but bet 500 on Overeem. I love Alistair but uhhh

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I put $10 on Mendes

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Most people also aren't betting on him just because he's "a good dad"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
RIP

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Viper_3000 posted:

$100 on Ronda to win via TKO/KO.

Pays $195.

Swarm that bitch Ronda. Let the hands fly.

(I'm well aware I'm throwing money away.)

Congratulations, friend

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Congrats to Miesha, and everyone in this thread

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Congrats to Nate, and everyone in this thread

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[to the tune of "take my breath away"] bet on mma...

lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
51k on Mayweather at -357

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

jase1 posted:

In order to get to that original 200k I learned a lot of very valuable lessons. I have an ego and I figure most gamblers do. That ego has got me into a lot of trouble in my early years. I once hustled 3 bikers in their own biker bar out of 3k and then I talked poo poo about it. That left me with a switchblade stuck in my knee a pool stick cracked over my head and then stabbed in my side. They robbed me beat the poo poo out of me then left on the side of the road by my car far away from the place. I woke up pulled 500 out of my sock and another 500 out of the spare tire and drove myself to a hospital bleeding all over the vehicle. It was a 1994 grey Plymouth horizon.

I also once met a girl at the bar who got me hooked on coke for 2 weeks with my uncle trying to get me to stop the whole. She hosed my brains out every night and then one day I woke up and all my money was gone. She knew where I hid which was the freezer at the time and she got away with almost 20k. My uncle came over and gave me his told you sos then pended me 5k and went back out on the rod and made it back and then some in less than 3 weeks.

The ego only comes out in pool now a days I have learned to control it unless I'm doing something competitive like basketball or a board game then I talk poo poo non stop even when I'm losing. It's what made my wife attracted to me. I met her at bar took a grand off a guy at the pool table that was trying to impress her then got her number and we were married 3 years later. She loves my poo poo talking at the pool table. She hates it in uno. If I didn't do that I never would have met the girl of my dreams.

Ah, nice, me too