Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I bet on under dogs because when they win it makes me laugh and I feel smarter than the odds makers. I'm like "ohhohoh I know more about mma than the pros. I'm so smart and stole their money". None of that is actually true but it makes me feel good and I have fun. A PS5 bought with money you made on a bet on Derrick Lewis just plays better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think you're confused. This is the thread about betting on MMA. If you want people to fight you than you need to actually go do MMA. I'm sure we will bet on your fights if the odds look good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoops guess I lied. This is a good place to bait people into fights. I would of lost that bet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

2k on jake Paul by decision or technical decision @+500.

What is a technical decision? Is that like if the fight gets stopped for a bad cut or something?

If the fight gets stopped due to an accidental head butt or cut and it's after so many rounds, usually 4 but no idea in this fight, it goes to the scorecards at the time the fight stopped.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Hey just chiming in here because I went and looked at the odds:

If Julianna Pena wins tomorrow it would be the biggest upset in UFC title history, and maybe in all of MMA history, and I'm including stuff like Silva-Takase here. The best line I'm seeing for her is +800, and imo that's nowhere near enough payout. She is 2-2 in her last 2 with embarrassing submission losses to strikers and her opponents that she beat in that frame were not good opponents. She has never KOed an opponent standing, or even hurt one as I recall, so she doesn't even have the so-called puncher's chance.

Speaking as the guy who does fight breakdowns, and knowing how some goons like to bet for fun, I'd like to caution anyone against putting long shot bets on her for shits and giggles until we start seeing the kinds of odds you'd expect for picking a team that, idk, missed the playoffs this year to win the 2022 world series or something.

(I probably just cursed Nunes, but there it is).

lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jase your wild bets are what helped me get into sports betting and actually understand it. Without ever knowing each other you've greatly improved my life (except when I'm losing)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

200k on Spivac -220

Even my bookie double checked with me to make sure it was real. It’s the single largest bet I have ever made in my life.

The very first bet I ever made in my life was trying to beat my Uncle in putt putt when I was 11. I bet him $5 I could get a better score. It was all the money I had. My parents gave it to me for my good grades in school. My uncle showed no mercy and demolished me and took me 5 bucks. I cried all night and my mom and dad were pissed at my uncle. Little did I know that was the start of this insane loving journey that lead me to this. One thing I have never done in my life is beat my uncle in pool. It’s the one thing I failed at more than anything else. It’s kept my drive all theses years and what has made me successful. I don’t know why I’m sharing this I guess I’m just rambling and reminiscing about my life.

I love this story and that's exactly the sort of reason uncle's exist

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

Total profit for my vegas trip after all expenses paid including my wife’s shopping and all gambling totals is $295,316.25.

Absolutely insane. King poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

Done!

If I win I am buying my wife a UFC fighter.

Lol and lmao if that hits

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edit:Nm

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing so much with us.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, never change the title. RIP

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tweak posted:

was it the person who said something along the lines of making any bet on a longshot was extremely stupid?

Oh I forgot all about that. Everyone just kept trying to explain that wasn't the point and they were so thick about it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Figured I’d say something eventually — Jase faked his death.

After more than a few weeks of investigation last year, we found him posting still on an older Twitter account. Also, we learned that he never owned the bar and restaurant he claimed to, and the woman he was married to seemed to have always been married to another man.

In other words, Jase pulled off the ultimate Jase gambit. A+

He also still plays Call of Duty under the same Activision name lol

Incredible, love this website

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Glad to hear he kicked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Hello everyone,
Jase1's arch-enemy here. I just wanted to update the spreadsheet. I didn't want to do it when he was on his deathbed, because I had the feeling he was still negative. BUT since it was all a lie, here we go:

He was sooo close to breaking even!

I didn't include the football bets he made after that last $200,000 mma bet.

The bets were fake