Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

ForbiddenWonder posted:

edit: i'm probably gonna drop a 20 on handy when I go to 129, +265 is pretty decent.
I would rewatch Couture/Vera before making that bet. Age was already catching up to him by that fight, and it was nearly 2 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
anyone who bet on randy is a big dumb gay baby

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
And Rogers arguably lost to Ruben Villareal

+390 is still terrible puncher's-chance odds on someone who got taken down multiple times by James Thompson, against someone who's been stopped by strikes once in his entire 34-fight career

apologies to willie_dee

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
i too hope someone bets on jones at -500 odds

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
the best part of betting on jones is knowing youre betting on a cool guy who likes to have fun

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Werdums gonna win yall

*nods sagely*

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Max Awfuls posted:

The only safe bet for Nelson-Werdum is that it will be awful.

theyre both pretty fearless and Nelson's standup isn't good enough to make Werdum shoot endlessly. it might be a sloppy fight but it probably won't be boring

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Steve Glutenberg posted:

Does anyone have any insanely cool betting tips for a man who no longer wants to go through the tedium of watching tape on everyone ever? Thanks you. Thank.
just bet on the guy you hope loses, to avoid depression :thumbsup:

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

MycroftXXX posted:

When the resident mma gambling expert goes and does something like this, it makes me question everything.

if it makes you feel better he bet on diaz over condit too

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
not at -150 or whatever diaz was at

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

JuanGoat posted:

I also think Noons is a pretty good underdog bet

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
anyone betting on coenen against cyborg? i haven't seen either of their recent fights, but she's +500 and has put on muscle since their last match, while cyborg's looking a bit leaner (probably due to getting blood-tested and/or dieting to eventually make 135)

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
Barnett at -180 is a good bet. this has been your manyak lock of the night

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

im as disappointed in manyak as you are

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Bundt Cake posted:

Even if Ellenbergers wrestling isnt as good as Hendricks, which I think it is, its infinitely more dangerous because Hendricks doesn't know how to do anything once he gets someone down. Ellenberger has some decent gnp.

didn't Hendricks land some good GnP on GSP in the 4th

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
equal amounts bet on
+402 hunt via ko/tko
-104 werdum via submission

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Marching Powder posted:

Betting on heavyweight fights is stupid and betting on this heavyweight fight is really stupid.

if your line of thinking is 'lol heavyweights anything can happen', then the smart thing to do would be to bet on the underdog

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Mr. Nice! posted:

That example has an ev of $50 in my favor. That's actually not a terrible wager.

nice

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

The Duck of Death posted:

Now watch as neither of these things happen.

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

for werdum vs hunt, equal amounts bet on
+402 hunt via ko/tko
-104 werdum via submission
yeah

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
equal bets on rothwell by KO at +260, and anything-except-mittrione-by-ko at -110

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

manyak posted:

cant be that bad, good luck goon

i have learned nothing from this lesson

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

manyak posted:

picking someone to win by a specific method is usually kind of a sucker bet because they take more juice on those types of bets, Rothwell to win straight up at +160 probably had more value but at +260 he only has to knock him out 30% of the time for you to make a profit so it cant be that bad

i thought about this and you're right. the +260 bet wouldve had more value than the +160 bet only if rothwell's paths to victory involve a KO more than 72% of the time

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
on my site, mendes currently is

+145 (41%) to win
+585 (15%) to win via TKO (37% of mendes' wins will be via TKO)
+670 (13%) to win via SUB (32% of mendes' wins will be via SUB)
+325 (24%) to win via DEC (60% of mendes' wins will be via DEC)
while mcgregor is -165 (62%).

there's a 11% vig betting on the type of win versus the 3% vig if you just bet on the winner

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
equal bets put on barnett against nelson by decision (+345) and by finish (-110). better than a straight bet (-220) imo

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

attackmole posted:

Whoaaah, dude, I was about to say that was a pretty good hedge because I assumed that fight was a 3-rounder, but that's a 5-rounder. Good loving luck on that one going to a decision.
well, gently caress me

quote:

On top of that, Barnett's been out for drat near two years so I'm not entirely sold on him as a lock in the first place.
he looked good in metamoris, and he's a tough matchup stylistically for nelson. mind you i also thought he was a good bet at -180 against browne

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
parlay on TJ+Browne at +185. Always Bet Against Mitrione

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Skip My Posts posted:

Macdonald wins in round 5 +2625
Macdonald wins in round 4 +1825
Macdonald wins in round 3 +1325

these seem good to me but maybe i'm retarded

Assuming you put even amounts on each of the 3 bets, you're getting odds of around +530

Whether you think that's better value than McDonald via finish at +309 or via decision at +284 is up to you

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Skip My Posts posted:

jase posting while being held out the door of a moving car by an old italian guy(racist as poo poo lol): ive got 10k on roxane modarfari, i saw a picture of her dressed up like some kind of retarded megaman

lol

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Jerusalem posted:

This is so off the wall and weird that I don't even really know how to react other than please don't do it anymore, man.

thank You. i dont know what was creepier: that he copy/pasted posts into excel, or that he wanted to talk about gambling in the gambling thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Marching Powder posted:

that's interesting what fight was he slowing down in? if you cite the one directly after his surgery i agree, he was never back to his old self, but he was still able to out point a fully steroided johny hendricks who was so dangerous that he could box inside with robbie lawler for 10 rounds and if everyone's honest, win the majority of them. and that was gsp's last fight.

i dont disagree but remember that he suffered another ACL tear (on his other knee) shortly after retiring