Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Square-Enix have announced that worldwide retail shipments and digital sales for Dragon Quest Builders 2 have exceeded 1.1 million on both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Square-Enix also announced that the final free update for the game will add three save slots, an epilogue, eight new hairstyles, items to change the weather, save up to three islands, and more. It will be available 20 August in Japan.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Square Enix is doing a Dragon Quest survey to find out what fans want to see from the series in the future.

Gonna spam the hell out of the survey with demands for more Rocket Slime and Dragon Quest Builders.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

I want another Builders game please

:emptyquote:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Prism posted:

I think 1-3 are actually on the Switch but they cost a lot and you don't get much. DQ3 doesn't even have animated monsters like the Super Famicom version did.

They are, and they also replaced the charming sprites from the original games in battles with hand-drawn art which is not nearly as nice, imo.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Yuji Hori says Square Enix may have Dragon Quest III HD-2D remake news to share soon.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

Anybody have any opinions on Dragon Quest Treasures? I've got some gold points on Nintendo.com that are gonna expire soon and I'm thinking of buying either that or DQ Monsters: Dark Prince since they're both on sale. For that matter, is the DLC for Dark Prince worth it?

DQ Treasures was fine? Fun at first, but the treasure hunting and defending your base grows repetitive, especially if you're making an attempt to collect all the treasures. It also remains annoyingly vague when trying to find them even post-game.

Someone said earlier in the thread that Treaures started off as a Monsters game and yeah, I can see that.

If you really liked Erik from DQ XI and wanted another adventure with him and his sister when they were younger, you might have more fun with it.

There's demos on the eshop for both that gives you an idea of what they're like, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Sylvando is the greatest jrpg character ever made.