Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

astrollinthepork posted:

The incorrectly titled Wrestling Observer Live.

No it's correctly titled

WOR is not.

WOR is hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
ROL is WOR

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I love and hate the predictability of Dave comparing a WWE PPV's best match to the PWG show he saw live.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I know I'm late to the game here but the Nobodies fuckin rule dude

:yeah:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

CVagts posted:

I love and hate the predictability of Dave comparing a WWE PPV's best match to the PWG show he saw live.

That show, and that match in particular. Watching it live with nothing else going to distract me, really cemented in my head the complaints that are made about the commentary and the camerawork in WWE. So many things that should be dramatic ruined by commentary and so many things that probably looked awesome ruined by camera cuts and zooms that wouldn't look out of place in the 60's Batman TV show.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

remusclaw posted:

That show, and that match in particular. Watching it live with nothing else going to distract me, really cemented in my head the complaints that are made about the commentary and the camerawork in WWE. So many things that should be dramatic ruined by commentary and so many things that probably looked awesome ruined by camera cuts and zooms that wouldn't look out of place in the 60's Batman TV show.

Vince, if you read it, please insert onomatopoeias in the show!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

CVagts posted:

It’s just the mentality.

Its a very annoying thing he does, and I mostly hate it, but it was warranted here. People enjoyed Finn/AJ, and it was a great match. But, a 4.25-4.5 star match like that really might not break the top 50 this year, when that match probably is top five just a few years ago. The WWE nut huggers want the best wwe match to be moty, and it just isn’t. Dave certainly can swing the pendulum a little far in the other direction, with his NJPW and PWG praise.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you are a big Tim Thatcher fan:

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/922597432843755521

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

So just for me, then

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The new Big Audio Nightmare is fun and features Adam encountering Barbarian in the bathroom.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Voices of Wrestling's Flagship is 4 hours long an hour of that being what I assume is Lanza yelling at how bad the main event is going to be

Does their flagship podcast whine about CK-1 being too cool and good or is that reserved for Open the Voice Gate?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

The new Big Audio Nightmare is fun and features Adam encountering Barbarian in the bathroom.

That and the Hiromu story are a lot of fun :)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

So just for me, then

Thatcher is pretty much my dream wrestler. He's everything I love about wrestling.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

Thatcher is pretty much my dream wrestler. He's everything I love about wrestling.

I'm sorry.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

mkay0 posted:

It’s just the mentality.

Its a very annoying thing he does, and I mostly hate it, but it was warranted here. People enjoyed Finn/AJ, and it was a great match. But, a 4.25-4.5 star match like that really might not break the top 50 this year, when that match probably is top five just a few years ago. The WWE nut huggers want the best wwe match to be moty, and it just isn’t. Dave certainly can swing the pendulum a little far in the other direction, with his NJPW and PWG praise.

dave even basically said that in any other year it might be in the discussion, but the standard for great matches has just been so crazy high this year that aj/finn really doesn't even rate.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Review A Raw is worth listening to this week. Wai was in rare form and engaged for a change.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Timothy Thatcher gets all the attention but Walter deserves it more.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Today's WOR:

*Bryan starts trying to think like Vince McMahon totally of his own volition to make Finn's loss make sense*

*Dave tears apart this logic*

Bryan: "I don't know! Stop trying to make me think like Vince!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
My personal feeling is that someone told him that Meltzer didn't think it wasn't a great match and so he punished Finn

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

exploded mummy posted:

My personal feeling is that someone told him that Meltzer didn't think it wasn't a great match and so he punished Finn

More likely someone told him that Meltzer thought it was a good match and so he punished Meltzer

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Why?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

More likely someone told him that Meltzer thought it was a good match and so he punished Meltzer

Punished "Venom" Meltzer is my Halloween costume

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

some people just aren't discerning enough to appreciate his 600 day evolve title reign, unlike me

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder what Dave's conversations with Vince were like, back when Vince used to call him up.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

Does their flagship podcast whine about CK-1 being too cool and good or is that reserved for Open the Voice Gate?

oh hi.

ck-1 is a team with near zero chemistry (which is INSANE for people who have been in units together before AND have been in the same promotion for two decades) and only exist to give dragon kid and cima something to do while the company does other things. that's on top of their reign only having good matches carried by better and established teams, which is frustrating when this reign has eclipsed reigns by the best dragon gate tag teams, whom had better and more consistent reigns.

which as probably the biggest cima fan around, i think it's a statement that i'm willing to run down ck-1 as much as i do on twitter, in audio, and in articles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Randaconda posted:

I wonder what Dave's conversations with Vince were like, back when Vince used to call him up.

They were about bodybuilding. Not a joke.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

They were about bodybuilding. Not a joke.

Dave mentioned that Vince called him a couple times leading up to the invasion asking his opinion. And that Vince did the opposite of what he suggested.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave's refusal to let go of how loving stupid the Kane squash of Finn is was just fantastic listening :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like how he reached out to people in WWE who normally defend Vince’s booking and they apparently didn’t know wtf either

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It makes a lot more sense if you consider it merely being Braun squashing Finn in the long run

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/922960642197241856

This will be received well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Proud of Dave for inciting the MAGA profa chuds out there.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dave's ratings should not be considered authoritative unless he is giving Roman Reigns a four plus star match in which case Dave is right

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dave's ratings should not be considered authoritative unless he is giving Roman Reigns a four plus star match in which case Dave is right

Hopefully Dave gives the TLC match a higher rating than Finn/AJ because Roman should have been in it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Proud of Dave for inciting the MAGA profa chuds out there.

All Legions are very pro MAGA. Supporting PWG is supporting Trump in the long run.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

some people just aren't discerning enough to appreciate his 600 day evolve title reign, unlike me

No offense to Jerusalem but smart opinions like this is why Oat was the best mod.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

All Legions are very pro MAGA. Supporting PWG is supporting Trump in the long run.

PWG is taking their turd money and funneling it into Super Dragon's woke activities before it can get to WWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It makes a lot more sense if you consider it merely being Braun squashing Finn in the long run

I genuinely think the logic was that it didn't hurt Finn because he wasn't wearing the paint, which protects the gimmick of him not losing while wearing it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

oh hi.

ck-1 is a team with near zero chemistry (which is INSANE for people who have been in units together before AND have been in the same promotion for two decades) and only exist to give dragon kid and cima something to do while the company does other things. that's on top of their reign only having good matches carried by better and established teams, which is frustrating when this reign has eclipsed reigns by the best dragon gate tag teams, whom had better and more consistent reigns.

which as probably the biggest cima fan around, i think it's a statement that i'm willing to run down ck-1 as much as i do on twitter, in audio, and in articles.

All that is wrong though except for the good matches part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I genuinely think the logic was that it didn't hurt Finn because he wasn't wearing the paint, which protects the gimmick of him not losing while wearing it.
Yeah, this was my guess. My only problem with is it he still beat Bray without it, but then again I think that's more about Bray's booking being shitpoor than anything about Finn.

• Locked thread