Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

some people just aren't discerning enough to appreciate his 600 day evolve title reign, unlike me

I love me some Thatcher but I don’t think he’s gonna be a do 5 big moves and go home guy. So I can see why some people wouldn’t dig him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The demon Finn and the human Finn are two different competitors, one is protected and one is a geek.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The demon has never beaten Roman Reigns

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Flash_Morgan/status/923103366162640896

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jinder Mahal really really sucks but he's still way better than Tiger Ali Singh

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Benne posted:

Jinder Mahal really really sucks but he's still way better than Tiger Ali Singh

He's also a lot better than haystacks calhoun or big daddy. I would posit, however, that he is not up to hilbilly jim's level

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platypus Farm posted:

He's also a lot better than haystacks calhoun or big daddy. I would posit, however, that he is not up to hilbilly jim's level

OTOH, he is far less charismatic than the American Dream.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The April 27, 2011 B&V, at the beginning, is when Bryan bans Rovert on the show.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

some people just aren't discerning enough to appreciate his 600 day evolve title reign, unlike me
My favorite thing about Thatcher is people thought he was an accountant since Dave said something of him being busy during tax season, but it turns he's just a manager for California water rec place.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Enjoy a very frustrating listen when Dave totally misses the boat on talking about UFC joining a streaming service

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Enjoy a very frustrating listen when Dave totally misses the boat on talking about UFC joining a streaming service

Sounded like he covered literally every angle possible from them not having any offers on the table from the major players from one to how much exposure they'd get to if in 3 years that might be the way to go to who their current suitors are and that one of them would have them running streaming only events. What else would you want?

He completely missed the boat on my question and is now 0-3 in answering Tuesday Nitro questions. I do hope he someday asks Terry Funk about his gig on Beyond Belief though!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ab and Thighchat hit the spot for me today.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

That was awesome.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Also a big fan of Dave's under the breath "...racists" about NJPW not letting white people into their fan club.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mkay0 posted:

why would the UFC join a streaming service when they've got one of the best curated streaming services on the market?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

why would the UFC join a streaming service when they've got one of the best curated streaming services on the market?

Dana suggested that they will listen to offers for their TV deal from OTT services. They have no such offers and are just trying to drive up the price.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Also a big fan of Dave's under the breath "...racists" about NJPW not letting white people into their fan club.

:same:

Dave was in good form today

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

flashy_mcflash posted:

Never heard of this and I can't find any info, what's this about?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Numero6 posted:

Never heard of this and I can't find any info, what's this about?

It’s not that they don’t let white people in, only people resident in Japan can join. Dave was joking of course.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's mad he can't join.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

St Evan Echoes posted:

It’s not that they don’t let white people in, only people resident in Japan can join. Dave was joking of course.

Oh ok, thanks.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
He joined using one of his joshi girlfriend's addresses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm sure if you wrote New Japan and asked if you could join, they'd gladly hook you up.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I really liked finding out that Dave's kids watch the Simpsons.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you want to dork out on the WWE Financials from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/923686007681245184
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/923561616267935745

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sometimes Dave fighting with people on Twitter can be a bit tiring, and than you have today where people argue that Indy/New Japan guys aren't draws like WWE guys and Dave lists of why Jim Londos would be the best based on drawing!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sometimes Dave fighting with people on Twitter can be a bit tiring, and than you have today where people argue that Indy/New Japan guys aren't draws like WWE guys and Dave lists of why Jim Londos would be the best based on drawing!

Dave was pretty silly/playful last night in contrast to how overbearing he has been the rest of the week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An interesting read

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/923264429164134403

rovert fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 27, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

God thighchat was the absolute best :allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"Dear Granny: Define 'woke'"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

God thighchat was the absolute best :allears:

It just went on and on. I wish they would replace Figure Four Daily with Filthy Tom and Body Guy Dave talking butts and abs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It just went on and on. I wish they would replace Figure Four Daily with Filthy Tom and Body Guy Dave talking butts and abs

Dave shouldn't lower himself by talking about that stuff with drug cheats.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/VICESports/status/923986420301103104

Dave's been tweeting about this off and on since the Warrior belt presentation and is 100% right calling the WWE out on this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/923982737261940736

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/923951189200314368

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/923959329622859777

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE really underpays their staff relative to their worth, huh.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The main event WWE guys make some of the best money out there, but Mid-card and NXT guys don't make near the amount of money good indy draws do right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The main event WWE guys make some of the best money out there, but Mid-card and NXT guys don't make near the amount of money good indy draws do right now.

Lower card WWE talent spend about half of their earnings on the road - hotel, car rental, food etc. Good indy draws have their expenses largely.

The Smackdown live event payoffs being really bad these days is something I've heard recently. But you don't really need to be told that just look at attendances.

Also be under no illusion things like NXT and 205 Live are efforts to lower wrestler bargaining power, the value of a WWE contract etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty Jimmy Dream probably got a raise.

• Locked thread