Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I have to go back to an old Da Sharpshooters show and find my favorite clip. They were talking about Cena being allowed to come back for his farewell address after he'd been fired, and it went something like: "You can't let someone back in to the company after they've been fired! They're gonna shoot up the place and kill everyone."

There was not even a hint of a joke in this statement. It was completely serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

dshban posted:

I co-host a podcast that I know some on here are aware of called Smart Wrestling Fan. I promise you it's not as smarky as it sounds! It was actually the first wrestling podcast on iTunes too, I believe, we've been doing weekly shows for almost 6 years now.

Please don't hate me for plugging my own show but I loved it when I was just a listener and then I became a co-host and I'd like to think that it's still good!

bring back Watching

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I don't care about shows with wrestlers on them, I don't want shows that do analysis. I just listen to podcasts that review the TV shows, so I have something to listen to during my commute.

If they give insight like this:

Then it's just a bonus.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Wait til you find out Dave Meltzer's shoot name.

Is it "Dave Melter"?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Captain Charisma sounds exactly like you would expect.

This is a lie, by the way. Don't let them trick you!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The only good game is "What would Kharma's kid be named if this person was the father".

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I have always heard Elgin pronounced with a hard g, as in girl, not ell-gin (like gin, the booze). Including from Michael Elgin, the dude whose name it is.

Actually, the dude whose name it is is Elgin Baylor.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

dshban posted:

The best part of last night's Smart Wrestling Fan was apparently too rude for Joe to keep it in the PG podcast. So, if anyone wanted to hear my live review of Ricardo Rodriguez's adult film debut, it can be found here.

Classic and classy.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

dshban what have you done

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Okay I haven't been a regular here for at least 2 years now, why are there like 10 different goon podcasts?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST: WRESTLEMANIA XXX

HOSTS: The Goog, MRP, KungFu Grip, HulkaMatt, NutBunnies, yea ok

WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW. 6 HOSTS. WACKY.

surprisingly to me, it's good

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Da Sharpshooters recorded their last episode after 10½ years :(

Where else am I going to get that kind of analysis, like "they can't let Cena back in the building after he's been fired, he's going to come back with an Uzi and kill everyone"

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Amazing, 10½ years, over 500 shows & I never heard of either of those guys. Did they not think promoting their podcast was high on their list of things to do?

And yet the Punchsport Pisscast or whatever keeps winning all these awards, but no one has ever heard of it! So strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Muddy Burphy posted:

This week's observer and Wednesday's WOR reeks of Dave being in "I know the Wrestlemania plans but I'm not going to say anything" mode.

• Locked thread