Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If we're talking songs on the B&V show, nothing tops "Barrel of rear end" and "You hosed~! a Pirate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

That's called working!

You have a funny way of spelling "concussions".

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 18, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I know I'm way late, but I just listened to the 4/15 B&V show after reading everyone talking about how great the intro was. Didn't think it'd be that hilarious. I was wrong.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Probably been said before, but everyone absolutely must go to The Board and listen to the Best/Worst of the eYada years of WOL.

"You tell Dave this means war, then."

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 3, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Does anyone have a link to the bryan and vinny with the iron sheik shoot stuff? I have heard people talk about it, but I cannot loving find it with the search on the site.

3/25 and 3/28/2006 episodes.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Frilled Lizard posted:

"My Potato Salad Brings All The Boys To the Yard" made me laugh today. I ended up signing up for a month, just need to dig through interviews now.

Yo:

quote:

...absolutely must go to The Board and listen to the Best/Worst of the eYada years of WOL

(The Board is completely appalling otherwise, though.)

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 5, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Listened to the 6/10/2008 episode of the B&V Show at work today.

Wish Bryan played his harmonica on the show more, as it could be wonderful comedy.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

LordPants posted:

It's funny, you can tell Dave's interest level depending on how high his voice is. If he's engaged in the question it's a high pitch, if he doesn't give a crap or he thinks the question is stupid then it's a low voice.

Best example of this is when Vince purchased WCW and people kept calling in asking if it was a work and/or if this was the last Nitro episode. Dave went from his usual self to :geno: to "Are you serious?" pretty quickly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Don't worry, even the F4W board thinks he is a joke too.

Such great lows.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I seriously wonder how many people subscribe solely to hear Bryan lose his poo poo at bad Impact is on a weekly basis.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Sue Denim posted:

That was the first Konnan interview I've ever heard, it owned all of the bones.

His interview on one of the 1st episodes of WOL where he goes off on Vampiro and Bob Barnett is his best interview.

"Yeah, yeah. Say something really funny so everyone thinks you're a charming guy and get the hell off the line."

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

LordPants posted:

Observer Radio: Shooting down great ideas that will never happen since 2008 (TM)

Much before that. I remember a clip from the old eYada show right before Judgment Day 2001 (I think) where a caller suggests that Benoit should lose the 2/3 falls match to Angle after E&C interference, then be Jericho's partner in the tag scramble and win that match, followed by winning the tag belts the next night.

Bryan and Dave pretty much laugh him off and say it's a great idea but will never happen.

The caller was not me.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Bryan's rant about refs on the most recent B&V show was rather asinine. Has he ever gotten pissed over a big tatted up dude like Josh Rosenthal reffing bantamweight fights?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Wasn't there an episode where they talked about his creepiness at Bryan's wedding? That would be a good one.

The B&V Rewind for August 2010 has almost 2 hours of Brent talk and it is amazing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Brent: "Have you seen Lance Storm?"
Lance Storm: "No."

End of conversation

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Enjoyed Roddy for the 10 minutes or so he was on today. A Piper's Pit with the French Stallion would excite me more than anything the WWE could do not involving Punk.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

I hope this was on the Kikutaro AOW, although Bryan and Vinny will also be acceptable.

B&V. Originally from Vinny's (awful) sports podcast from around 2008 or so.

E: As a B&V sidenote, whatever happened to Mark? He was so much better than even Brent.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 15, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Started listening to Wrestling Weekly recently. Les Thatcher is awesome, and it's nice to listen to someone more in tune to the world outside of wrestling than Bryan and Dave.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

E: gently caress, I can't read.

The B&V Rewind for June '08 is hilarious and everyone should listen, what with the Kamala song and the $1M giveaway reviews.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 3, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

j. fed posted:

What's the story behind the one guy yelling during some of the songs? It pops up in every listener-created song but I'm specifically thinking of the recent "Bingo" song they played where the guy yells "BEEEEEEE" for the "B" part and "OOOOOOOOOOOH" for the O part. Who was this, and what was the context?

I suppose I could find it on the F4W boards but it sounds like the Sperg capital of the Internet and I don't feel much like dealing with their ilk.

"BEEEEE~!" is on the B&V Rewind for June '06 on the board, and "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA" is on the December '07 version.

Yes, I have most of them. They are incredible timekillers to listen to at work.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can somebody with a WO subscription kindly answer a question for me?

To give me an idea of what B&V is like (and to cheer me up when I was having a rough day), a buddy of mine sent me a few "Adrenaline Flush" TNA review compilations a while back. Is the guy that made those compilations still doing them? If so, what volume is he currently up to?

I ask because I loving love those, and if the guy is still doing them it might sway me to pony up for a subscription. Thanks. :)

Those and the B&V rewinds (also worth listening to) go all the way through the end of 2010.

Hell, the compilation of bits from eYada era WOL is worth the subscription alone.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And like, are they posted on the board or do they have their own section of the site or how does it work?

Also thanks for the answer!

They're on the board and are also the only things worthwhile on the board besides Dave's posts.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

The Best Of...compilations however, are amazing. I'm already certain that The Best of WO/F4W this year is going to be Oh Susanna!.

No question.

Todd Martin singing Christian's theme is pretty close, though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

#1 should always go to Coughlin for being Coughlin.

Todd Martin Christian Theme wont make top 10 mark my words.

The only good thing Coughlin ever produced was this:

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 14, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

For someone whose MMA education is limited to .gif files, what's wrong with giving a shot to the guy who knocks off the number one contender?

Not much, really, aside from potentially less PPV $$$. UFC really wanted Cro Cop vs. Couture in '07 (almost certainly a big money match in what was then a godawful heavyweight division) before relative nobody Gabe Gonzaga ruined that.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

So it sounds like I'm actually gonna have to listen to this Bryan/Todd exchange.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

So I listened for 25 minutes before giving up and going back to watching the Broncos lose.

Bryan trying to explain how the NFL works as far as "rankings" go was quite amusing, though.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 19, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Sue Denim posted:

I have quite a bit of free time at the moment, does anyone have any recommendations from the Observer/F4 archives?

Any reviews of PPV's or shows/interviews that were particularly memorable?

Adding to this, the reviews of the $1M giveaway episodes of RAW (June 10 and June 18, 2008) are also great.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Sue Denim posted:

Are you talking about the one's on THE BOARD or are they archived somewhere else?

And does anyone know if there were any interviews with writers prior to writers week 2011?

The writer's week interviews were also done in 2009 and 2010. And dittoing the WOL archives on the board from '99-2001. Holy poo poo those are wonderful. From the final show on 7/9/2001 (paraphrasing):

Caller: "Do you think that WWF will put Linda or Stephanie in charge of the new ECW on screen?"

Dave: "There is no way that will happen."

Later that same night...

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

If you don't normally listen to Wrestling Weekly you may want to listen to the end of this week's show. Les has a great Luther Lindsay story. It's weird that with all the deaths in wrestling that he doesn't come up more these days as he is one of the few in ring deaths.

All y'all should be listening to Wrestling Weekly anyway. The other 2 or 3 guys are pretty forgettable but Les is the man.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

"I keep on calling Vince McMahon's office, and he don't return the call or nuthin' "

I preferred John in Florida, the WCW fan in deep denial, though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Funny thing is that Alvarez goes to TNA house shows when they come to the Seattle area, and always raves about how much fun it is since they aren't doing anything for TV.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 22, 2012

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Borh posted:

He's always made it clear that his issue is mostly with Russo and the people who allow him to keep his job, and not really with TNA as a company. In fact, he's often strongly hinted that a lot of people he talks to in TNA share a lot of his criticisms and are well aware of the more ridiculous aspects of the product. It's just that those are not the people who are running the show.

Not everything has to make sense. It's called "entertainment".

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

No, I had no idea Dave still took calls and was thrilled when I listened today.

Call in shows are the best and it's a shame the subscription audience is largely very reasonable.
I love the nuts that called in the Eyada days and still call in to the LAW.

Why is Vince McMahon the way he is?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Kota Ibushi in the "Who's the best Japanese wrestler ever?" poll on the F4W page is loving hilarious.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It is.

I always pictured Vinny as bigger and with a beard.

No beard, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnkvwJME_0

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Cactus Jack posted:

Is that asian girl in the Vinny video Bryan's crazy ex?

No. Bryan was telling stories about HER almost a year before those vids were shot.

This one is my personal favorite from the BATTEL~! buildup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncgvt-c90aM&feature=plcp

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Space Cob posted:

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what Volume the TNA Adrenealine Flushes are up to? :shobon:

December 2007 is the only one you need.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Having not listened to B&V yet, is Bryan's rant up there with the gold boat tirade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

So after coming across his tirade on Jon Snowden and his review of Splice, my opinion of Mike Coughlin just got a lot more favorable. I was near tears listening to the latter at work today.

• Locked thread