Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Matt Morgan comes off like a pretty smart guy in that LAW interview, he basically has no tolerance for this macho tough guy bullshit that the old dudes are selling and he's really concerned about concussions in sports. I'm not sure why the WWE never got behind him or gave him a decent gimmick, except that maybe he was a backstage problem in that he doesn't seem to have much tolerance for, again, the old dudes backstage and that whole hierarchy. I'm just basing that off a throwaway rant about concussion attitudes, though.

Also it's hard to reconcile Lagana's podcasts and this picture of Vince as not wanting to be associated with his pappy's wrassling business, because it seems like the old wrassling carnies makes all the decisions of any importance.
I cannot remember exactly who or what was said but someone did go in depth with why Matt Morgan didn't get the push he deserved and got saddled with an awful gimmick. It might have been Corny's YouShoot thing, but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I think he is too. I don't know if you guys have ever listened to his Art Bell style show but it's pretty good, it has nothing to do with wrestling at all but Bryan is still a pretty decent host.
Alvarez is a conspiracy nut?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Timby posted:

Learning that he actually WOOOs on the phone, during a normal conversation, when he isn't in the ring, makes me understand why he has so many ex-wives. The guy may be insane.
It's not even schtick, he does this a lot in other interviews he has given. He lives the gimmick.

I do find it funny he got so mad over a prank call, even before the prank. He was riled up already and just mentioning the TNA bus ride that never was sent him over the top. I kind of understand getting mad over the Bruiser Brody comment considering how close they were and how Brody died was the 2nd most hosed up wrestler death in history of the business(#1 is Rikidōzan.)

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Listening to Dave Lagana's latest podcast with Joe "Eye a Poppin'" Franciosi, he seemed to be suggesting that sometimes Undertaker sits at the Gorilla position backstage and helps expedite things. Kind of a cool visual.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
It could be something as simple as Lagana isn't paying them and they're smart enough to know RF will pay them some nominal amount for their info.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Grant DaNasty posted:

Which one of you turned in the shout out to NWA: Mountain State? The good news is that Bryan said he should check it out.
Haha I was coming to post the exact same thing. Everyone seen Bryan an email telling him to review NWA:MS show next week.

Bryan: "I haven't seen Mountain State Wrestling but it's begging to be watched."

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Except his cats. His cats are awesome.
No his cats piss him off a lot too.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Well maybe one of the Smackdown writers is a fan of his and will push for him to come to SD and hopefully he'll get hot again with a new angle.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

TLM posted:

For the guys who are just starting out with Bryan and Dave, here's a little video that sums up that they do indeed live in a wrestling bubble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU
I think someone sends this question in every once in a while and I'm fairly sure they still haven't been smartened up about it.

So sad to see the gimmick "The Frugal Canadian" Bret Hart never got over.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

MassRayPer posted:

The first half of MVP's 90 minute interview with Lagana is up.
"A file has been sent to your comlink." Holy crap MVP is awesome. I still can't believe WWE dropped the ball so badly on him.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Someone asked a question about since Fit Finlay was fired/quit, who was the new Diva agent? Dave didn't even know or seem like he cared to find out even though Finlay was the Diva agent for years. You would figure one of his sources would have mentioned it as some point in the past few weeks.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Everyone should listen to today's Bryan and Vinny show just for the reaction Bryan has to watching Orton's super awesome split jump.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Jenzar El posted:

It's really awful to hear fans do a wrestling podcast and make fun of actual wrestlers opinions who've actually been in the business and took bumps.
I enjoy listening to Les but just because the man was a good wrestler and possibly a good booker at one time doesn't mean he knows what's good for the business going into the next decade. I agree with about half of the stuff he says, mainly the timeless stuff that has drawn money in every decade since the 50's. The other half he's off his rocker on.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I always love Konnan shows.

The Mexican rat story was pretty hilarious. Dave's top secret undercover info people are... fame sluts!

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

That's 76 more square feet in which to get over based on wrestling ability and charisma instead of incest storylines. They'll never make it.
Also the ropes are different. Vince always used cables, everyone else used the other kind of rope.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Listening to old Wrestling Observer Radios from 2008-2009 are so depressing. They bitch about the same exact things they are bitching about in 2011.

Just hit a show where they were talking about Triple H and Shawn Michaels burying like half a dozen guys at once in a promo and talking like it was a regular thing. The more I listen to these shows and dig through the PSP archives it really feels as if WWE has been stuck doing the same poo poo over and over and over for years and years and there isn't a hope of it ever changing.
Do we count Cena/Orton/whomever in the same league as HHH and HBK?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

Today's Art Of Wrestling features KEVIN STEEN.

:stare:
I'm hoping that Steen gets pissed off and we get to hear Cabana get his rear end kicked.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Dave and Bryan talking about JoMo's shirtlessness was the funniest loving banter I've heard in a while.

Especially since they are completely serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Fiveace Attorney posted:

I am listening to the Paul Heyman episodes and jesus christ I could listen to Paul talk literally forever
The main thing to realize is a lot of the stuff he's saying is bullshit. Once you realize that it's fantastic.

The end of the firing story was pretty funny for an exclusive.

• Locked thread