Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

For some reason I always thought that Dave Meltzer was the higher pitched guy and Alvarez was the deeper voice in that podcast until I saw some youtube video labeled "Bryan Alvarez" and it was the guy with the higher voice.

No idea why I got them mixed up though. Alvarez seems like more of a natural host than Dave I guess.

I haven't listened in a long time (like, a very long time - 10 years or so) but it used to seem like Alvarez was the host, reading listener questions and driving the conversation, while Meltzer answered the questions and dropped knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

weekly font posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zYfaTBLk0

Here's the, at the time, "worst match ever." We were that close to this guy being our Ultimate Warrior which, well, gently caress it couldn't be that much worse.

Everything he does looks so gentle and caring.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Won't that just stop any Universal Studios tourists from attending? I mean even if they have lockers or something to hold your phone while you watch the show, people who didn't go to the park specifically to watch TNA likely won't want to leave their phone somewhere. Especially only to find out that TNA has swerved them and replaced their phone with a Jeff Hardy t-shirt.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

As long as they still do that super awesome high five they'll get over.

edit:
this one

The problem is they would try it on the first night and come up four feet short since WWE's ring is bigger and then they'd forever be thought of as fools.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Lamuella posted:

so... just under 3 feet short?

It would be like a Shane McMahon Van Terminator. Land on the ground and bounce into the trash can.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

Oh hey, confirmation from Formerly Creative that in fact the upper echelon DIDN'T like Punk and they DID want to push Hardcore Holly over Punk when they had Holly beat Punk on ECW. Maybe that will end some stupid arguments that have persisted.

I'm not familiar with these arguments. Can you summarize and also let us know who was on the wrong side so they can be rightfully mocked?

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

We all know by now what the result of the MITB main event is going to be but I just thought it was amusing that they were having nearly the same discussion in 2008.

Do we all know what the result will be? Please write it down here with a toxx to cut your balls off if that's not what occurs. Because even if you're 100% certain that Punk is leaving, it doesn't mean the main event result is clear.

Also they did add Jericho to that scramble, after Orton punted Punk.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You, the guy who hates everything is trying to chastise someone about not being optimistic about one of the most foreshadowed main event results in history not being a foregone conclusion.

Alright. Way to get ~WACKY~ about your anger by trying to toxx my balls off, though!

It's really not anywhere near the most foreshadowed. Perhaps if it were any other PPV besides MitB. But even if Punk is 100% leaving, the odds of him winning followed by a cash-in are just as likely as Cena winning.

And I don't know where you get this idea that I hate everything. I like wrestlers that are good and entertaining, which is why you and I don't see eye-to-eye on much.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Captain Charisma posted:

Well again it's because we've been having the same discussions for a decade now. You can hear the same "If anyone though x was going to win in their hometown they are a retard" discussion in a ton of F4W and WOLs from 2001 to now.

But Punk won the IC belt in his hometown, and before him Regal won it in England, and I'm sure there are other examples. They don't just automatically give a guy a win because he's at home, but it's not like they always go out of their way to humiliate that guy either. Mostly they just do whatever they were gonna do regardless of where they are.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

A bit of an overstatement, I agree. I'll take that one back because sometimes the seething Miz/Riley rage overshadows any positive posts but CSammich has been fair in our past arguments so I'll ask that one be stricken from the record!

Outside of the Miz hate obsession he's an alright dude most times.

I don't have any rage towards Riley, he's just young and not very good in the ring, but he can improve. Also, he has a freakishly tiny mouth, but I won't hold that against him.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The list of top 10 vote getters from active/retired wrestlers is really interesting.

Edge can't crack the top 10 among active guys.
Active or retired, nobody likes Sting.

Can you give us the lists instead of just hinting at them?

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

My least favorite part is people acting like "Chet Lemon" is some clever name Nash came up with.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

LordPants posted:

:what:

Details?

He didn't suck it.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Low Ki, you goddamn idiot, wrestling's supposed to be fake. Why doesn't he just do MMA if that's how he feels?

Doesn't want to get beat up. Wants to cheap shot people that aren't expecting it.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

If you liked that match you are literally Vince Russo.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Rick posted:

It's kind of interesting how well-written those letters are.

That's how you know they're real letters not written by Meltzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

You guys are so dumb, it's not King Mo it's Sir Mo. Mabel won KotR you dumbs.

• Locked thread