Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

dshban posted:

I co-host a podcast that I know some on here are aware of called Smart Wrestling Fan. I promise you it's not as smarky as it sounds! It was actually the first wrestling podcast on iTunes too, I believe, we've been doing weekly shows for almost 6 years now.

Please don't hate me for plugging my own show but I loved it when I was just a listener and then I became a co-host and I'd like to think that it's still good!

This is where it's at folks.

Bryan's NXT rant always gets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

On Lagana's new podcast he interview Robert Flores, Sportscenter anchor. I was BLOWN AWAY by the poo poo he knew. The dude is a real wrestling fan.

He's the guy who says Batista Bomb whenever Jose Bautista hits a home run, btw.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

dshban posted:

You want famous people? Uhh... well... Dave Prazak listens to Smart Wrestling Fan and is in our live Stickam chat during the show sometimes!

I listen to SWF anyway, but the problem with the show is actually Joe's sources. Where in the blue hell does he find them? The dirtsheets are sites like Wrestling Observer and PWInsider, not NoDQ or wherever he finds them. Meltzer is much more accurate than the free sites.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

He probably had a real loser on to debunk conspiracies.

You should've went on in exchange for information on what's up with Nigel/Desmond Wolfe.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Oh god, I was listening to the Bret show and the Ric Flair call.

Oh god :laffo:

Check that out about 1 hour 10 minutes in. First episode.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

Do you guys legitimately believe that was Ric Flair?

What about that makes you believe it could not be Flair? He's got the voice and mannerisms.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

I dunno from the beginning it just sounded like a guy doing an impression to me. Like Jason Sensation.

Also the fact he would stay on for 10 minutes and respond to such comments as YOU NEVER BEAT BRET!!!

Ric Flair has an ego where he doesn't leave a conversation feeling like he's lost.

The latest episode has Piper on with Bret, then they get Flair on, and eventually Bret asks what is was like to wrestle Jim Londos and Flair loses it again.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Jenna/Sharmell show

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

If you don't subscribe to Observer, do so now and check out the latest show. Solid gold.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Discussion on who will raise Stephanie's kids if HHH dies on Observer radio. Amazing.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Ha, I was going to finally use my B&V shoutout to promote NWA:Mountain State and beg Bryan to ban Rovert. 1/2 accomplished. The guy was a major troll and shithead.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

weekly font posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zYfaTBLk0

Here's the, at the time, "worst match ever." We were that close to this guy being our Ultimate Warrior which, well, gently caress it couldn't be that much worse.

You have to be kidding. Warrior was 10x better than Tom Magee

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Charisma is hard to explain, but it's that feeling that can get you into a wrestler. Jeff oozes charisma, which is why he got over so big in 2009.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

I went ahead and got to reup today. You know when Dave said they were going to do Bound for Glory in Stanford on the show today? Thrashard on the board actually bought that apparently.

I'm not sure what's funnier, Dave's straitlaced nature or Thrashard (biggest Hogan mark) buying it.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What are the best Observer wrestler interviews?

Bruno Sammartino every time

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

I don't listen to LAW, but I read that response or whatever and it seems sensible to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

weekly font posted:

Just letting you know that in the not too distant future there may be a PSPodcast. Help the couple of us that are working to put this together: what are YOU looking for in a wrasslin podcast?

:spergin: about wrestling.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Grant DaNasty posted:

Get Captain Charisma to do a weekly short segment on why WWE sucks. Also when discussing the divas, do it in the creepiest way possible.

I seriously want this. Him & Cococono should have a segment.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

This is why callers always asked if Dave was on the line, they wanted Batista.

They all have one question. I hope they take calls on the very off chance to ask about his 'size'.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

The Big Dave Batista interview is up!

Haven't had a chance to listen, but can you confirm/deny if Sinbad's all-time great question was asked?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Fun listen to the PSP podcast. If you ever need someone to discuss TNA, I'm around.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Grant DaNasty posted:

gently caress! How about Zack Ryder?

Try someone like Azreal or Ken Patera

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

I think Dave just went nuts.

In more shocking news, Larry Hagman is still alive

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Bryan acting like a complete idiot on WO today

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'm guessing MMA talk (haven't listened yet)?

Yep, Nate Marquardt-chat.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Who are these idiots calling into the F4W Prediction show? Jesus christ, they're all beyond goony as gently caress.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Just a reminder for non-subscribers. :siren:BRUNO SAMMARTINO is on Observer radio tonight. He is the best guest ever, so if you need to re-up, now is the time.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

dshban posted:

Aww.

This guy does a pretty good podcast. Listen to it.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

SGRaaize posted:

Also, lol at Todd being all mad at Dave Meltzer mocking the fans that can't accept the fact Fedor lost. "YOU ONLY DO THIS TO US FEDOR FANS ;_;"

Oh, Todd dickrides Fedor? I don't listen to Todd shows so I never really knew. Makes complete sense.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

You can't really help your proportions, though. Skinny and cut Kurt looks way better than super-jacked Kurt, IMO. He looks more like an actual athlete now and less of a cartoon.

Actual athlete:

Kurt looks bad.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Dave found Bryan's joke at the beginning of the second show hilarious :psyduck:

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Not sure what Dave's all time favorite match is, or if he has one, but he for sure views some Toyota matches higher than any Flair/Steamboat.

I forget which one, but Dave actually said one of the Flair/Steamboat matches deserves six stars.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

Listening to the post-Summerslam Observer radio, and Jesus Christ Dave and Bryan's ignorance of things outside wrestling/MMA is unbearable sometimes.

Bryan doesn't know who Ron Artest is and Dave keeps, unironically, calling him "Ron Artiste".

When he said he was in a room with six sports fans who didn't know who Ron was, I couldn't believe it. If you don't know who he is, you aren't a basketball fan and I don't even watch.

ARTEEST

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Wasn't he the guy who went into the stands that one night and beat some guy?

Yeah, he's famous for a few reasons, one being the brawl at The Palace

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"I have no idea how they knew. I hadn't spoken to anybody, the only person I'd told was you and I know it wasn't you... it wasn't you was it?"

Anyone know who this guy Dave was talking about was?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Listening to Art of Wrestling with Tracy Smothers right now and it's awesome. I love listening to Tracy talk about stuff, he just sounds like such a cool old guy who has been having fun his entire life. It's like sitting down with your grandpa and listening to him tell stories.

Bit of a derail, but I heard a story from my brother's friend who ordered a pizza in the area Tracy resides and the delivery man shows up and it's loving Tracy Smothers.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Anyway, both Dave and Bryan are massive sperglords so no poo poo they get worked up too much about wrestling and can't have conversations like normal people. Comes with the territory of being a pro graps journalist, I guess.

Oh, Dave's fine talking about anything. Sometimes he might get caught up on something, but it's not an idiotic thing that Bryan starts his rage gimmick up on. Bryan knows less than half of the PSP.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

I love Dave so much because he is alot like me when it comes to wrestling :spergin:.

(I also say you know alot)

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Dave's not a bad guy; actually he's pretty chill and likable for a guy with no social skills. It just bugs me that so many of his biases have become the smark standard for what good wrestling is.

Give me some examples. I know a few, but I just want to know what you think they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Dave's terrorist impression :laffo:

"OH MY GOD THEY DID A WRESTLING SHOW ON THURSDAY, THEY SHOWED US"

• Locked thread