Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

When it comes down to it, Matt Morgan is a lovely wrestler. He has been wrestling for about 10 years and still looks green as hell.

That's never stopped some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sue Denim posted:

I've noticed this too, it's a bizarre paradox.

No matter how hard he tries Vince just can't seem to scrub the carnie from his psyche, you'd think he'd realise that he acts like a well off carnie being the smart guy he apparently is.

Most silly things in WWE can be put down to Vince being a self-loathing, senile and generally crazy old man.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

I am surprised that the hardest I laughed during the Bryan and Vinny show wasn't the burial of TNA, but instead Vinny's burial of DGUSA.

I don't subscribe to WO, please elaborate on the DGUSA incident.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Karmine posted:

It usually depends on who the guest is. Check out the one with the Iron Sheik it's pretty funny.

I still say the Colin Delaney one is the best.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/04/11/mike-quackenbush-chikara/

Quackenbush on promote this discussing prowrestling, Cabana's adult video, Buying teeth for Balls Mahoney, and how much the ending of Lost pissed him off.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

"If you hit him with a Truck, he's fine"

edit: which episode was the "nearfalls on an iceflow" on?

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 20, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

What pissed Bryan off: everything

Except his cats. His cats are awesome.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Oh Vinny hates that Truth-JoMo segment so much...

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Korak posted:

"A file has been sent to your comlink." Holy crap MVP is awesome. I still can't believe WWE dropped the ball so badly on him.

They drop the ball on everyone not named Cena.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

All the Rich Swann stories... surprised he didn''t get el kabonged.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Bikeage posted:

Hey, Bryan played (and then didn't get) my Nicki Minaj/Vince song on B&V today!

Also the TNA review in the Figure Four newsletter this week is not to be missed.

An excerpt:

nice to see someone channeling Kefka in wrestling

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

weekly font posted:

Just letting you know that in the not too distant future there may be a PSPodcast. Help the couple of us that are working to put this together: what are YOU looking for in a wrasslin podcast?

A point scoring system ala QI.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It really does seem that way. Even here in PSP you can tell that people are trying to come up with things to talk about in discussion threads because nothing really worth talking about is happening at all in WWE. It seems strangely slow around here lately.

There's only two things really, what's R-Truth going to do for his next silly segment and what's Johnny Curtis going to do for his.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He looks like a little kid

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

"I have pinned someone who's pinned both Orton and Cena. So I am the greatest wrestler ever."
Oh Bryan.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

There's also Shoot Promo, recorded live on wednesdays on /wooo/. A sort of who's line is it anyway variation for wrestling topics. It's got some funny moments, like in the latest one where I reveal myself to be Ultra Mantis Black.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nobody listens to Michael Cole to form their opinions on wrestlers. He's annoying and his commentary has been lovely as hell and they're using his tremendous heat generating potential in all the wrong ways but calling Daniel Bryan a nerd isn't making a single person on the entire planet think,"Man I guess I shouldn't support Daniel Bryan, because that guy who everybody hates and thinks is stupid says he is a nerd."

You over-estimate people. Cole is such a constant presence that sometimes his stupidity gets through to some people eventually which colours their opinion on guys like Daniel Bryan, who is outside the WWE norm physique wise people aren't too sure about.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Personally I think people are far more likely to say,"Michael Cole said something, I now believe the opposite," than anything else.

More than "Michael Cole said something, now I want him to shut up"?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

What?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Bryan and Vinny reviewed among others the Chikara iPPV, and compares Crossbones to Humpty Dumpty.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

And no-one likes Shoot Promo.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

True.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I usually re-up for a year around this time, so even when I go through spells of not listening for a few weeks, I still usually feel like I've gotten my money's worth in December.

Besides, there's something so infectious about things like Bryan and Vinny's glee about heel Daniel Bryan.

"He tattled!"

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Its a shame the only audio review of Smackdown is Bryan and Vinny on Tuesdays. Shame considering how good the main event has been.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

Right when I skipped ahead on today's Bryan & Vinny show, they scolded me for skipping past the granny segments. :stare:

They know... :stare:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Does Lance Storm still do that super endearing thing where he blames the person and never the system? Or does he only do that when talking about the WWE?

I think he blames the system for not being stricter on this stuff when it comes to UFC.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

LordPants posted:

If I said "What is your size" what would you say?

we are talking about shoes, right?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The McMahons own something like 80% of WWE stock though, how worried can they be of other investors? I don't know much about the stock market so I might be wrong, but I figured with that much of the stock they could pretty much do as they liked

EDIT: and if they don't do something soon the stock will suffer, and suffer badly. Once Cena retires (and I don't give him longer than 5 years) if they haven't made a new top star or two they're pretty hosed. I'm not saying they'll go out of business, nowhere close, but ratings will go down to the point where rights fees will decline too. And that's a big chunk of their income

There's a law that allows the minor share holders to sue in the case of the majority shareholder doing something dogshit stupid. I'm not sure on the specifics, but it makes a lot of people scared of any short-term loss even if there's a potential for long turn gain.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

Alvarez is the youngest-looking nearly-40-year-old I've ever seen. I bet he still gets carded.

honestly I hope I stay in the same boat, right now I'm 24 and I still look 17 and I'd like to hang onto that for a while.

Yeah, if I look that good when I'm 40 I've probably done very well for myself.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Also a world without Vince McMahon in it would be a lot less interesting. Which is why I'm hoping the Cyber-Vince initiative he funded with diverted funds from the XFL ends up bearing fruit.

I'm pretty sure he's just going to pull a Mr House and technically live forever

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jeff Jarrett.

Not even kidding. Goofy, mid card, always looses Jeff Jarrett would be amazing to see in the WWE.

Have him manage Heath Slater to the IC title and you have the most punchable pair in the history of wrestling.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

can anyone draw muppet baby Jeff Jarrett?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

triplexpac posted:

It was interesting when Dave said that he was wrong when he commented that Vince probably didn't care about TNA, that Vince actually pays a lot of attention to the company.

Hey, it's probably worth a laugh at for Vince

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

well it was clean in the sense that no actual interference was made, but Austin actually came out and distracted Rock at the entrance ramp which allowed Hurricane to win with a roll-up.

He still put him over in general and actually ran a small fun program with Hurricane. Which HHH went an undid pretty quickly

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Time for the Raging Climax and Peak WWE Russo: Attitude Era Podcast - Wrestlemania 15.

Spoilers: WM15 isn't very good. Billy "The Baddest Man on the Planet" Keable in particular hated it.

At least they had the Mean Street Posse. I thought they were just indy workers given the prep boy gimmick, didn't know they were legitimately Shane's old school buddies.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Poor Meltz...

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Isn't that a given? :haw:

A someone who knows gently caress all about MMA though I didn't really understand much of the brawl for all chat - if MRT did have expert fight sports knowledge about why Yoshi would beat Barrett in a fight it would have been cool to hear why that was. And the initial bracket (joke?) picks weren't really explained. As it was it seemed to be just 15 minutes of flipping coins and shouting.

IIRC Yoshi has boxing training and legit knocked out Sheamus after he refused to clean out the blender.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan is really mad and Dave is trying to explain the history of guys who got over and moved business while getting the kind of push Bryan is getting while Bryan isn't. He then tries to say he wishes they'd push Bryan better and he might be able to draw with the right push but he's not moving numbers, and then Bryan flips out and Dave has to repeat himself. It has actually been pretty fascinating, I forgot the Jeff Hardy Rumble 08 example of a guy who was booked at the level Bryan is but still drew tons of money.

Hardy had been on the main roster for 9 years at that point, and it had been 6 since they first tested the waters with the Hardy/Taker match after being one of the tag team competitors when tag team wrestling was at it's hottest, so he still had a lot of advantages over Daniel Bryan. And Cena/Batista were injured so they had to have a plan B by necessity

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Endorph posted:

The rant about Undertaker's weird biker promo on the new Attitude Era podcast is amazing.

"THAT WAS SO BORING IT GAVE ME A BONER!"

Though, good god, that *is* one of the weirdest promos I've ever heard. What was even the point? Was he trying to say Big Show was tough?

I need to use that phrase sometime, that's so brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Refresh my memory, what was it?

The 6 pack challenge clusterfuck, with Vince as world champion.

• Locked thread