Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I know I should expect this, but my jaw dropped when I heard this story on WOR today. Dave said that TV Week ran a story headlined "Drew Carey elected to pro wrestling hall of fame". Someone from WWE called them, got really pissed off, and demanded that they change the headline because WWE is not a wrestling company, it's a "multimedia conglomerate", it's not a pro wrestling hall of fame, they don't employ wrestlers they employ Superstars and Divas etc etc

Says a lot about the current product if it's being run by people who hate wrestling.
It just makes The Rock's promo a couple of weeks back even better if you think of it as him addressing how the entire company has changed since he left and that Cena's the best they could come up with as a main eventer. They're ashamed to be a wrestling company hence the product suffering from management's ineptitude...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Neodoomium posted:

Every single podcast makes the same error:

Santino's visual is not a Trumpet. Santino is pretending to move a slide, thus he is pretending to play a Trombone.
That's what Santino wants us to think...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Things I learned from this B&V:

-Jake The Snake is capable of having TEN STAR MATCHES
-Chris Candido is a robot
-Young Lance Storm was STERN
-Jim Cornette can run the ropes better than most of the WWE roster
-Smokey Mountain Wrestling can restore even the most jaded wrestling reporter's love of the business.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

I don't know how to put this but I hope granny dies. Those segments are always poo poo. Sorry Bryan.
You can skip those segments. That's what I do...there's no need to say that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"We just need to stop internet spoilers"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sue Denim posted:

After hearing Agnew's rant on Kharma on this weeks LAW I'm sold on him just being a prick, what an rear end in a top hat.
Someone on RBR sort of went in a similar direction. Sure, the point about it being a possible PR nightmare if the unthinkable happened is acceptable but he went too far...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"WOLVES?!?"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Line of tonight's Observer Radio is Bryan replying to Dave's analysis of TNA's ranking system: "Dave, it's 3:10 am here in Texas and you're dreaming that Giant Baba is booking TNA"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRayPer posted:

The kind of guy who if you were to turn your back on, you might wind up in a body bag.
I say that he's a bad man givin' bad men bad looks, a PRINCE among thieves and crooks.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The new Bryan and Vinny show is great, especially the tangent about Bryan's ability to deadlift 420lbs and measuring it up against Mark Henry's 1000lbs.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 13, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

El Patron posted:

Do I need to pay to get the Bryan and Vinny show ?
Usually yes. Every so often there's a free show.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Oatgan posted:

I unironically want WWE to implement Bryan's bodyslam streak idea.
Me too. They also have to make reference to the God of Bodyslams each time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Borh posted:

He looks gassed at about the fourth one. If he tried to go for 20, he'd just fall backwards at some point and the other guy would pin him.
Could be worked into elimination tag matches. The team captain will send out the other members of his team to eat bodyslams and even sacrifice a lesser member if it means he has a better chance at pinning the big man.

Zeke should yell "WHO WANTS SOME BODYSLAMS?!" before he starts then the announcers would say "Bodyslams?!" and "Mr Bodyslammin' Machine Go!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

^^ 100% with you there. If they can juice in a safe way and under a doctor's supervision, then play on playa. Really though, it's the somas and other painkillers that are the bigger problems in the business, and that's tied to the grueling schedule they work and the culture of 'working through it'. Personally I'd be happy to see more Miz/Subway promos if the extra revenue meant that they could cut back the house show schedule, but this probably won't happen. When the WWE is flush, Vince gets another vanity project brainstorm and then WBF.
They don't even need to cut down the schedule. Creative should just stop acting like everyone who isn't Cena or Orton is an expendable jobber whom they can yo-yo as much as they want. There IS place for more than 2 superstars on the roster and it gives more people a chance to take time off since the company has backups. If Cena continues at this pace and gets injured, Wrestlemania's main event is screwed (and I think Undertaker's at a point where he can say having use of his arm is more important than another gruelling 25 min match just because Vince/Dunn/Stephanie/Gewirtz can't commit to pushing anyone for more than a couple of weeks and creating those new stars they keep mentioning at every stockholders' conference call).

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Borh posted:

"After I teach that motherfucking cat how to walk on two legs, I'm gonna teach it how to run the ropes".

I may be the only one, but I legit :lol:'d at that line.
Me too. I was wondering where he was going with that tangent up until he said that line...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 1, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Finally got a chance to listen to Cliff Compton's Art of Wrestling interview. I was rolling at the match between Super Domino and Power Uti (especially the latter's comeback...)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

Dave actually sounded a bit emotional when he said that TNA creative "hosed the company."
The first time he said it, I thought I was hearing things but then he said it a few more times. Between TNA and WWE's creative being incompetant, it's no wonder he's got MMA to fall back on or else he'd go mad...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lamuella posted:

Absolute truth here. I had never heard of Cassandro before and became a huge fan just because his life was fascinating.
I just listened to it again yesterday. I'm glad he never gave up.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I still can't tell if Dave is having a laugh, or if he's really into Keith Stone.
I keep imagining Dave to be like Ted Turner on Family Guy, especially when he goes "...but it's not".

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lamuella posted:

is Bryan ever going to learn not to really loudly breathe in while facing the mic?
He should take a hint from Tay Zonday then...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Dave was funny going off on wrestlers who make fools of themselves on Twitter using Slater's recent rant as a starting point, lol.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

"Ate the feet?"

"Eat Defeat"

"That's what it's the called?"

"Yeah"

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I swear to god it's true."

"Eat The Feet?"

"I told you Gailforce is a better name."

"She only uses one loving foot!"

:haw:

Worth my subscription right there.
Bryan was already accepting of the fact she has a finisher called "Happy Ending". He just couldn't handle THIS name lol

"That's standards right there..."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I don't get Evolve.
It's a mystery.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
So that story of him wanting to live in Thailand to learn Muay Thai WAS true... :D

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 11, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Oh god, the review of ShopTNA.com had me in stiches. SAles where you save a penny per item, Six random action figures, spelling "water" with 2 Ts, Dixie's theme being called "The Man In Me", hilarious
Eventually Bryan realizes they've spent too much time on this and says "I've seen enough"...then notices the TNA board game and they rip on that too.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cactus Jack posted:

I listened to some Dave shows from back in 2000/2001 and he didn't say you know and like every other word. I think the lovely wrestling of the past 10 years has damaged Dave's brain.
Don't forget 'mentality'

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

dshban posted:

:(

To be fair, this thread would die if it wasn't 90% WO/F4W.
I for one enjoy SWF and will probably sign up for Extra soon.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"And there's John Cena, grinning like an rear end in a top hat" combined with their pinning down why he sucks since they had The Rock to contrast him with.

I wonder if Bryan will play The...sorry, Da Crusher's version of "Roll Out the Barrel" for Granny this week.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I like B&V most times. Bryan can be intensely grating, and I skip the granny segments, but I don't think a single episode in the last few months has failed to give me at least one very legitimate laugh.

Really though, I subscribe for Dave. While we're all aware of Dave's deficiencies in conversation, he is such a fountain of knowledge that hearing him 3 to 4 hours a week makes the ten dollars easier to part with. When he goes of on tangents on wrestling history, it's so satisfying as a wrestling fan. And the Observer Newsletter can't be beaten.

And to be fair, if I didn't have a 45 minute commute to work everyday, I might be less inclined to get a subscription.
I normally like Bryan but during the week or so leading up to the Muppets appearance, we had to hear him bitch about WWE creative DARING to write comedy for Dennis Miller EVERY FREAKING SHOW like Miller's the second coming of George Carlin (and how he started a letter writing campaign to get the Muppets back on his local tv station). I skipped most of the audio shows that week out of annoyance.

That said, my subscription has made my work days go a lot smoother.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

Dave doesn't take day offs.
Dave is the John Cena of wrestling journalism.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The best of F4/WO 2011 compilation went up:

DON'T DO THIS

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 24, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Truthfact. Are there any other hosts so I can download this on my phone?
Would mediafire or megaupload work? I could reupload it to one of them later.

Edit: In today's' Observer Radio, Dave said he was at the hospital with his son for 'hours and hours' and couldn't watch Raw because his son was watching tv in the hospital room. What they did watch was Popeye...which led to an amusing conversion with Bryan.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 24, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

That would be great, thanks. I don't have access to my computer until thursday so all my stuff is phone based until then and send space requires software to run before you can download.
Alrighty. I'll get to it in a few hours when I'm off work.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

Hey how about you not link a giant file that people are supposed to pay for?
Sorry.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The christmas show just got posted.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 24, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"You know what I feel like, Vinny?"
"What do you feel like, Chico?"
"I feel like Matt Hardy..."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sue Denim posted:

I have quite a bit of free time at the moment, does anyone have any recommendations from the Observer/F4 archives?

Any reviews of PPV's or shows/interviews that were particularly memorable?
Observer and F4 recaps of Victory Road 2009 and 2011 come to mind.
Sammartino's interviews are great.
Any of the shows that discuss World of Hurt, Memphis Heat or Urban Wrestling Federation.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 28, 2011

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

Is anyone surprised that Dave used the death of Kim Jong Il as an excuse to do an article on Japanese Wrestling?
Are you surprised after he said wanted to watch Raw in his son's hospital room, wound up watching Popeye instead and that somehow became a conversation on wrestling booking when he did the show with Bryan?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Karmine posted:

Dave talking about Sean Waltman taking a dump in Juvi's bag is amazing. He used the phrase "take a dump" about a half dozen times and it was hilarious.
I was shocked at Dave's discussion of Cena's promo on Raw. "What is he saying? He HAS lady parts?...a vagina? or boobs...." while Bryan is probably trying not to laugh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Gunner Manchild!"

• Locked thread